Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fricking Hiccups.

Okay...had a fill today - 1cc. He said it was pretty aggressive given that I haven't had one in months and that I felt I really needed one. (Before my gall bladder surgery in late Feb, I felt that I needed one, but it was stalled due to the surgery.)

Soo....in the office, I sipped the cup of Water and felt nothing. No problems. He made me wait a little longer than normal to "be sure", but I still had no problems in the office. He recommended liquid diet for 2 days.

I left, ran errands, came home, had a bit of broth for dinner. A little tight feeling, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Then the hiccups from HELL came. They hurt, they were frequent and I felt sick from them.

I PB'd after they stopped, but didn't try to eat/drink anything else. I SEEMED to be okay.

I tried to go to sleep tonight and as soon as I laid down the gurgling started. I had to wake up to throw up - about 3 times now. I seem to be okay if I'm sitting up, but if I try laying down, it's gurgling and throwing up!

Here I am, 1am - and I'm not really a night bird - and I am just waiting for the doc to open. First AM appointment - I'm there!

Obviously, I need an unfill...but I don't understand why I was fine for hours, then all of a sudden NOT okay.

Is it possible the hiccups caused damage? Has anyone had trouble with band due to hiccups? :rolleyes:

Guest I AM SO HAPPY

Funny you should ask that because although I was banded 12/12/07, had a fill 2/8 and 3/7 that I felt no restriction, this time of night, 11:30 PST, I'll drink some Water and get hiccups like I am doing right now.

I just sit in a recliner, barely reclined, and just make plans to sit upright with blanket or pillow propping me up and they do go away. I just seems like you need to sit in a upright position. Another thing I do, is I have 1 or 2 sugar free Popsicles during the last 30 minutes I go to bed. That seems to help. Drinking anything just liquid going down seems to cause a problem but Popsicles or ice cubes slowly going down seem to help.

Good luck! Not sure if you watch the bachelor, but there is one pretty girl that when she gets nervous she hiccups. It's hilarious, but not really!

Take Care:wink:

Lori

Thanks...I have some of those ice pops (old, though - from my surgery in sept!) :rolleyes: But, I can try them. Maybe the cold soothes it somehow...?

I Always Get The Hiccups Right After I Eat But No Pbing, Pain Or Side Affects From Them, Other Than They Drive Me Bonkers

Gloucester,

Im Going To Go Out On A Limb And Assume You Are From Mass. Where Did You Have Ur Surgery Done? Im In The Newburyport Area

No... I have friends in Mass, though. Does that count? :rolleyes: I'm from the East coast originally, Virginia, and now live in the Houston area.

Follow up on hiccups...I called the doctor and he's in surgery all day. The nurse said that the soreness from the hiccups is normal, and that didn't concern her. (Bummer, 'cause they hurt like a bitch and they concern ME!) But, if I can't get anything down by the end of the day, she'll "attempt" to take some out.

I haven't been here before. I've been too tight, but I knew it immediately. I got very little sleep last night because I couldn't lay down. I'm really hoping that I can get something down.

I had them for a week after I came home.Mine was caused by the 10cc band that they used was too small and bruised my stomach causinf it to swell out over the band and stop it up.I couldn even drink Water without getting the hiccups.After taking steroids for the swelling for 5days and not getting any better they went back to surgery and took out the 10 cc and put in a 14cc.Had mine on Jan 21 and have had 2 x 2 cc fills.and have lost 50lbs.including 12 pounds on pre-op diet.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches