Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maine Intro's

Hello all! I am fairly new to the forum, and just discovered this "Maine" board. I was wondering if ppl would like to do introductions? Even just some general info. Here's mine...

My name is Connie and I live in South Portland w/my boyfriend and our 2 children. I had my band placed on 12/12/2007. My starting weight was 296 lbs. My current weight is 244 lbs. So, I am just shy of 4 months post op and down 52 lbs. I work full time and am trying to find ways to slip in excersizing...but would appreciate any/all input on how you all find ways etc!

So, who's next?

Connie :Dancing_wub:

So, who's next?

ME!:w00t:ME!:ohmy: LOL.. My name is Kerri, I am 24, and I live just above Farmington with my husband, 2 beagles, and a cat:) I am the *loud* energetic happy type, and love meeting new people! I had surgery at Maine General in Augusta on March 19, 2008:) I am currently 20lbs down from surgery day, and 27.5 down total! I recently bought new jeans that are size 18, and NOT from the plus section!! yah!!!!!! There is so much more to choose from in the "regular" size clothing.. I am so excited to buy clothes for summer for once:) So yah, that's me!

Great idea for this thread, Connie! And congrats on your wonderful success!!

:)Kerri

Hi, I'm Jen. I live just outside of Augusta with my husband, my three year old son and our Jack Russell Terrier - Maisy. I was banded on 1/14/08. My starting weight was 257 and my current weight is 223. I am a Program Manager for an Early Head Start, Head Start and Child Care Facility in Augusta. I also coordinate training and professional development for all the staff within the agency I work for.

Welcome, Connie!

My name is Sarah, and I live on the coast, in Damariscotta with my 2 sons, dog and 2 cats. I haven't been banded yet:mad:- hopfully in May!:rolleyes: I hope you get as much out of this forum as we all do! There is a great bunch of guys and gals from all over the world to support eachother.

Again, welcome, and good luck on your journey!

Sarah

Hi Kerry, Jen and Sarah!! Thank you all for the warm invite. :crying:

I'm just guessing here...but there must be more then just the three of you posting here, right? lol Where is everyone! I'd like to "meet" people.

Where did/do you all plan on having your surgery?

Connie

I had my surgery at Maine General in Augusta on March 19. 4 weeks ago today:) and 22.5lbs gone so far:) Yay.. As for your first post asking about exercise, I am in the same boat.. It is so hard to get motivated! I have been walking my dogs on these beautiful days, but find it sooo hard to get motivated! I just started an award system... I don't usually go tanning, but this year I have decided to because I am soooo pale, and want to feel good for Summer in my new clothes:) I allow myself to go tanning 3x a week as long as I walk 1/2 an hour, and work with the bands for at least 15 minutes on those days.. It's worked so far.. The tanning package I bought is freaking expensive and helps to motivate me too, I really want my monies worth!

Hope that helps?

:)Kerri

Connie- Not yet banded, maybe in May. I have found that the hardest part of the preop road is waiting. You have 4 weeks between each of your 3 nutritionist appts, so there in itself is a 12 week wait.. they do fit in the Psyc eval in there, and you are required to attend 3 support groups held by the center, so there are things to do for filler time...

I highly reccomend the support groups- they are very informal, but very informational too! You get the real life experiences from people who are in the same place you are, and there are people who are months and years out from surgery- a really good mix for question asking!

I have discovered you need an extreem amount of patience here. Hurry up and wait is my motto. But, none of us put on this extra weight overnight, so we can't expect it to come off overnight- it's a process, just like anything else life changing!

Take care, and good luck!

~Sarah

What an AWESOME idea, Kerri! I should try the reward system. HEck, it works for my 6 yr old...so why not me too??

I just ordered a couple of workout video's that look like a lot of fun. They should show up in the next week or so. One is Turbo Jam and the other is a Denise Austin Cardio something or other. I'll let you guys know how they are!

Connie, I have Turbo Jam- It's awesome! I don't like the music she jams to, so I just crank my own tunes on my I pod, and go to it! The weighted wrist bands are great for increasing endurance, but they are not made to be comfortalblly fitted on larger hands/arms, so they do need to stretch a bit- I think they were designed for someone like the trainer! Oh well- keep lots of Water nearby! Have fun!

Sarah

Thanks Sarah! I didn't order the additional wrist band things. I figured I need to get used to actually moving my body first! LOL I'm hoping that I love it too. I'm in a wedding in August and I don't want FLABBY arms!! ick

My name is Angela, and I'm 29 live in Scarborough, with my mother, and my cat Apollo. I was banded 6/10/08 by Dr. Wolff at Casco Bay Surgery.

Hi Everyone I am Angel, I am 24. I live in Lincoln with my SO, Wayne, my 2yr old son, my dog and my new kitten.

I am just begining my journey and I have to attend the seminar on August 14th!!

Hi my name is Tracie. I live in Bangor. I hope to get the lapband. I have attended the orientation, a support group meeting and had my psychological evaluation. I still have 4 appointments to go before meeting with the surgeon. I am very nervous and excited!

Best of luck to all of the new Maine bandsters! I was banded June 10 08 in Augusta. Dr Mckee. It seems like such a long journey, but once you are banded, you will look forward, not back, at your new life. There are several ups and downs during the process, because we all want it NOW! Your patience will pay off, as in the process, you will learn to adapt to your new lifestyle.

This is the best thing I have ever done for myself. I look forward to a happy and healthy future with my kids!

Any questions, please ask!