Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone in RI?

Wow, my bday is dec 7. The funny thing is I had my band on Nov 7, so on my bday it will be the one month anniversary, and as a BDAY gift I can start normal FOODS!!! what a treat! good luck

omg i think thats so great. were abouts in rhode island. i'm from cranston. i would like to keep in touch with you if you don't mine . tc & gl

I would def love to keep in touch with you 2, I live in Foster and I work in Cranston on oaklawn ave, and I work in johnston near plainfield Pike. RI small, were prob 15 mins away from each other!

I am looking for gyms in the johnston/cranston area. know any good ones?

my son told me theres one in cranston its called fit world cranston. hes a member there. i will fined out more from him .

Yes, def let me know. I live in foster, and right on the CT line which is about 10 mins from me there is a 24/7 one, where you get a key and can go when ever you want. I was thinking this would be good for me and my BF (he is an alcohlic who is trying to sober up) so at 2 am if he needs to get some exercise instead of drinking, we could go.

Thought the downfalls, There is no supervision, I would feel unsafe, Though I wouldnt mind privacy when working out. I would also be scared if I had a heart attack on the machine

i know what you mean. sorry its called fitness world cranston.i have not joined one yet. but when i start losing weight. i would like to join one . tc keep in touch. i hope your bfkeps it up. tc msrojack. keep in touch

Hi everyone i just found this post. i'm from RI (Providence) and I will be banded 12/22/08. My surgeon is Dr Ryder she is a wonderful doctor she has made me feel very comfortable through this whole process. Also Dr. Ryder is in the same office as Dr. Roye and she does fills.

I'm so happy to see one of Dr Ryder's patients on here. I was banded by her on 3/5/07 and absolutely love her!

Yes, def let me know. I live in foster, and right on the CT line which is about 10 mins from me there is a 24/7 one, where you get a key and can go when ever you want. I was thinking this would be good for me and my BF (he is an alcohlic who is trying to sober up) so at 2 am if he needs to get some exercise instead of drinking, we could go.

Thought the downfalls, There is no supervision, I would feel unsafe, Though I wouldnt mind privacy when working out. I would also be scared if I had a heart attack on the machine

Oh yea? I'm in Chepachet. Where is this gym?

This gym In CT I was refering to is in danielson/dayville. Its near Quinibaug valley community College. I ended up not joining and got myself a treadmill. I think I am down 24 lbs since My surgery a month ago.

Hey I am in RI and would love to talk to someone who has done this . I had surg. Jan 8. So far 80 lbs 50 on my own,

but would like to make some friends that we can talk about this. I am to shy to attend meetings email me so maybe we can chat leahjoe2001@aol.com

Hey I am in RI and would love to talk to someone who has done this . I had surg. Jan 8. So far 80 lbs 50 on my own,

but would like to make some friends that we can talk about this. I am to shy to attend meetings email me so maybe we can chat leahjoe2001@aol.com

Congrats on your huge weight loss... I've lost about 80lbs, but that's been over the course of three years. I had my band done in RI, but live in Fall River, Would love to hear more about you. Who did your surg?

Has anyone used Dr Roye...I was seeing another Dr but my insurance wont cover the operation with that dr...so all my per op was done out of state and I'm seeking another DR.

Help please

Hi- I guess I'll be the first to post. Anyone out there in RI? It would be nice to have another local to chat with. Banded 2/14/08.

Dr Roye's partner DrRyder did my surgery but I see Dr Roye now because my doctor is on leave. I was banded 12/22/08.

Resurrecting this thread in case there are any current RI WLS patients.

My first appt with my surgeon is in early October. I hope to do the VSG (or bypass depending on Drs recommendation) through the Miriam Hospital program. I'm curious to know the process with them for those whose insurance company has no pre-requirements other than doctor's approval/authorization.

Hopefully someone here has experienced that and will share. Thank you!