Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting "Second Wind" .. . remotivated!

The entire month of March was kind of wasted on me . . . I went to my "mandatory" land-based exercise class (through my surgeon's office) . . . and hurt my hip. It took 3 weeks before I even felt well enough to go do Water aerobics again . . . and I generally was getting depressed. Well I gave myself a slap in the face this weekend and told myself to snap out of it . . . and started back at my water aerobic classes . . . and gee . . . the weight is starting to move again (oh who would have guessed that one? lol) . . . so . . . I'm ready to go again . . . I'm going on a cruise in 6 weeks . . . I want some new clothes! :puke:

Chris

:thumbup:Chris!!! I'm so happy for you. It takes all of us something to get there. I think for each of us, it is different. I hope I get there soon. Maybe my dr. will get me on the right meds and I'll get there.

Good for you for getting back in the routine. You can do this! I was going to pm you today and see how you're doing!

Great things are in store for that cruise! I have no doubt.:puke::thumbup::)

You know, one of the main things I love about this band is the attitude change to little stalls. In the past, a week without the scales moving meant giving up in disgust, followed by a major blowout causing me to regain any pounds lost. This time round, I feel differently about it and am reasonably happy to move from losing to plateauing and back again, knowing that if I keep things up, it will all come off eventually.

Congratulations on finding your new motivation - enjoy the next ride down!

I hear you Fanny....I feel at peace now. Even if the scale isn't moving for a week or more...I can take it. I'm not in a panic thinking I screwed up 3 months of dieting in a blowout weekend of cheating. Someone else once said something like "the band it there to hold our place, until we are ready to start loosing again". I find comfort in that. It will happen this time. It is happening this time.

Oh this band IS great . . . I haven't been terribly bad . . . but wasn't moving or watching my eating as much as I should . . . so now I'm ready again to be doing everything right - and getting at least a little results here and there . . . maybe I'll get a slight fill tomorrow (4-3) . . . we shall see what he says.

Fanny I have to agree my attitude about excercise has changed I am no longer thinking about if this week I didnt lose weight. (I hate that I didnt) BUT I am proud of myself for doing what I did.

When I hat 3 miles on the elliptical I actualy was smiling. and when the fit girls and guys get on the ellipticals next to me and I outlast them. I am so proud! It is great.

I think your so right about the attitude.....I know its okay now if that scale is not moving for a couple of days then i work out a little more and wow it comes off I LOVE MY BAND AND MY NEW ATTITUDE

Cerrin . . . I'm hanging in there .. . still nothing dramatic . . . but have found I HAVE to watch the carbs .. . I didn't get a fill .. .and go back in June when he said he might give me a slight adjustment. It's ok . . . I'm going on a cruise next month and I don't want to be too tight. I go shopping for clothes and really don't know what sizes to try on. In some things I've dropped a size - I must have been stretching my 24-26 clothes to the limit because I just stopped wearing some of them. I'm wearing a 2X shirt right now - I have one that's a 1X - but I tried on swim suits and can't find one to fit in Walmart or Target (24). I don't want to pay a lot for one because the clorine in the pool eats them up - my pants are not that different on me either - I can still get away with my original ones, but they are getting baggier. In general - it seems to be slow for me - I've lost some inches - but nothing like the people dropping sizes right and left. Maybe I just have solid fat? :) Anyway - thanks for asking - sorry for rambling - and you keep up your great work!

Hugs

Chris

For swim suits this year I have a tankini from last year. I altered the top to hold my boobs better. Simple hand sew adjustment nothing major. and I am getting a bunch of new bottoms. in different sizes.

For me the bottoms are what goes. I think it has to do with sitting on the pools edge and stuff. I live at the Water park in the summer. So I have to have suits. lol

I highly recoment alterinig suits to fit. lol

My first suit I altered was a swim dress. I loved that suit but it was too hard to get in and out of when wet. So I detached the panties and made seperate bottoms. It worked out great! covered everthing and was easy to use.

I cant wait till I go on my cruise. You have to keep me updated on yours.

Chris,

I've been wondering how you're doing. I'm pulling for you!

I started tracking my food and exercise on thedailyplate.com and that has helped. I can see what I'm eating and where I'm spending my calories. The charts are awesome because I don't even have to think about the numbers so much, just visually clue in. If I'm over 1/3 on anything but Protein I up my intake of it so that I'm balancing everything.

Carbs are still a huge battle for me. Why does everything I LOVE have to be high carb???? And the only thing that wasn't, my diet soda, is off limits too!!! Oh well...I haven't missed the soda so I can't complain there. I found a diet schwans bar that I use for sweet snack if I've got calories to spare in the evening and that helps.

I started walking.....and I'm taking no excuses. My back is killing me but after about 5 minutes of walking it feels so much better. I just have to up and do it and not make it a reason to stop. Most nights it is 2 miles but if I'm feeling strong I've been doing 3. I ordered a total gym from QVC last weekend and it should be here sometime next week. Again, no excuses. I was using the fact that we don't have a gym in my town and that I didn't want to spend the amount of money needed on an elliptical to say I couldn't. So that has helped.

I may not be losing at the moment but I am feeling tons better...and since how I felt was more reason to get the band than how much I weighed I figure I'm succeeding.

I hope you're doing alright! I can't wait to hear about your cruise!!!

Thanks for asking . . . I'm "doing" . . . but that is about it at the moment. I'm doing my Water aerobics 4-5 times a week . . . can't do the land based stuff because then I end up not being able to walk . . .but I work that Water to the best of my ability. I absolutely HATE journaling ANYTHING . . . so I haven't done that yet . . . I have my 6 month appointment on June 4 and should get a "tweek" fill he said. Hell - I only have 1.5 in my 10 cc band . . . seems I might need more than a TWEEK to help out here. Since my vacations are soon, I'm not worring about it at the moment - and just trying to behave . . . walk past those Cookies and Bagels in the office . . . you wouldn't beleive how I walk the long way around just to avoid them . . . (and get more exercise in the process) :thumbs_down: Thanks . . . I guess I'll have to have a "re-re-movitated" post in June! By then my son and his family and babies will be moving . . . so that will take off a LOT of stress too - they moved in the week after my surgery . . . and we are done with our office national "re-design" and I still have a job . . . so that stress should be gone . . . maybe things will be so much better in June - AND my daughter gets her Masters in Ancient History in June too! Can you say babble? sorry - but thanks for asking . . . and I am trying to keep my head where it belongs

Even with losing what I have, I'm still not wearing much smaller clothes. I'm still in some I wore at the beginning - baggy but wearable lol - I have no clue how some people are dropping 4+ sizes with a 30 lb loss! I'm amazed and so happy for them. I just have had this weight on so long, it doesn't know it's time to leave.

OK . . I'll shut up now . . . hugs to everyone!

Chris

I havent dropped sizes. My pants are a bit baggy...but I cant fint into the next size smaller. I am WAY more active. but My legs are still swollen...just not as bad.

Wow June is going to be an amazing month for you!

so much to look forward to.