Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April Exercise Challenge

Hi all:

I've been reading about your challenge and thought I'd let you know about the cool, fun exercise I recently started doing. It's called a carving trikke. It costs about $300, but it's so much fun it's worth it. I forget that I'm exercising because it's so much fun.

There's a picture of me below on my trikke last week. It works kind of like a scooter, you push off, to make it start, but then you lean on one side, and then the other to make it keep going. It doesn't work uphill, at least for me. However, I've heard that experts can make it work on small hills. I'm about as clumsy as someone can be, so for me to be able to do it, almost anyone could. I fell once, but not quite all the way to the ground. I promised my Daughter that I wouldn't use it without a helmet. It doesn't look like it's alot of exercise, but I actually got sweatty (sp?) and it was only in the 60's when I was riding it. Also, I've found muscles that I forgot that I had, under my butt, in my calves, along my ribs, and also on the underside of my upper arms.

I'll put a link to Dave01's thread that introduced me to it. It's so much fun. Check it out if you're looking for a new fun exercise. http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f81/new-exercise-equipment-54741/

Have fun.

Sue

post-222983-13813136965358_thumb.jpg

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the info and the pic -- Trikking looks like a lot of fun!

I did one hour of cardio and one hour of weight training (arms upper body) tonight.

Have a great night everyone!

flower-pot.jpg

Crazy Ates April Exercise Challenge

21/30 Exercise Sessions

(13 Cardio, 6 Core Strength and Flexibility, 2 Weight Training)

weight.png

Banded 8/07/07 Dr. Miguel Zapata, Monterrey Mexico

Hey to all my CrazyAtes. Been away for a while, but still managed to keep on track....mostly. I did have a period where I got lazy and almost fell off the food wagon. But here I am, back at the exercise challenge, with a computer again and back to the trikke. I see Sue got on here and she has been tearing up the roads around her house. Anyone in the Tampa bay area on here wants to try one out, drop me a message. Its really fun.

Boy, I sound like a salesman or something...LOL

Going out for a 2hr trip on the trikke this morning and it should be around 80 today, so Richard Simmons' sweating with the oldies will have nothing on me.

Hi Dave & Sue. I'm glad ya'll are having fun with the Trikke. It really looks like a blast, but $3000? Yikes! That is not in my budget right now. I'm saving for plastic surgery. A girls gotta get her priorities straight, lol.

Dave, glad you didn't fall completely off the wagon. We are all going to stumble but the important thing is to keep getting up again. Good for you!

Salsa, good luck with the marathon training. I haven't seen you let anything kick your butt yet. This is another challenge that I'm sure you'll meet.

I did my cardio first thing this morning.

15/20 Exercise Sessions 4/8 Weight Training Sessions

Texasbecky:

It's $300, not $3,000! Now you can think about it.

Take care.

Sue

Texasbecky:

It's $300, not $3,000! Now you can think about it.

Take care.

Sue

LOL! I know how Becky misread this -- we have both been pricing out plastic surgery, and every number we've been seeing lately has three zeros behind it.........

$300 is a steal! You can't even get Botox for that :glare::tongue::Dancing_biggrin:!

flower-pot.jpg

21/30 Exercise Sessions

(13 Cardio, 6 Core Strength and Flexibility, 2 Weight Training)

weight.png

Hi, it's me again :blushing:.

Still plugging away -- one hour of cardio and one hour of weight training (legs/lower body).

Have a great night!

flower-pot.jpg

23/30 Exercise Sessions

(14 Cardio, 6 Core Strength and Flexibility, 3 Weight Training)

weight.png

Where is everyone???

I got another hour of cardio in today. I'll be be traveling up to the States tomorrow and will check back in a day or two.

Have a great night everyone!

flower-pot.jpg

24/30 Exercise Sessions

(15 Cardio, 6 Core Strength and Flexibility, 3 Weight Training)

weight.png

I'm here. I've been trying to get on all day and the site has been down or maybe something has been wrong on my end.

Have a good trip Frangi.

I did cardio and weight training today.

16/20 Exercise Sessions 5/8 Weight Training Sessions

The site has been kinda slow all day. I finished my 3 mile run tonight. Now my knees are kind of sore. Hopefully they are better by tomorrow, cuz I have another run.

Hey All,

Not much to post for excercise although I did quite a bit of beach-strolling this weekend next door to my NEW PLACE! Yep, I rented a place in La Jolla, right on the cove and a block from children's beach. How cool is that?!?! You can see the pictures at:

La Jolla Home! - a set on Flickr

No stalking me now! :-)

Hi everyone!

We are having a huge fundraiser for the first aid squad tomorrow night. it is taking up all my time :thumbs_down:. I did manage a walk last night though.

I just looked at the Trikke website. I think I am going to order one! Hopefully I won't break a hip!!!:thumbs_down::lol:

Cardio & weights done for today! I'm headed out of town for a banquet at my son's college. My pre weigh loss self would be dreadig it, but I'm so looking forward to it this year. I have new clothes, new shoes, new handbag and a new attitude! Have a great weekend everyone.

17/20 Exercise Sessions 6/8 Weight Training Sessions

Wow I didn't post here after my 4 mile run! The site has been so slow lately and I wasn't able to get on at all yesterday, so here is my update for the week.

Thursday - 4 mile run (first one of my life!)

Friday - Rest day (and did my legs need it)

Saturday - Ran my first 5K race (will post pictures tonight)

So as you can see I changed my exercise challenge. If I stick with the training plan set forth then that is the amount of miles I will have run once I am finished with the half marathon at the end of June. I am sooooooooo determined to finish this.

Everyone is doing well. Just a few more days in April...gotta push!