Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FaCiNg ThE tRuTh .....

Ok I have faith that I am going to be receiving the "Call" any day now... So I have been proactively drinking 2 slim fast optima shakes and eating 1 meal a day.. Of course still drinking my Whylers lite and water.. This is my 3rd day and today I was kind of sad for no reason. I went to church and it was like pulling teeth for me to get into the service, but the best part of it is i realized what was going on because of all of the post that I have read. Now I have been waking up lately in the middle of the night not able to sleep because I can actually can see myself in my dreams so much smaller and healthier and actually lovin it. :tt1::tt1::tt1: One thing that really does scare me is that once I really really take control of my life again I feel that my so called friends will not want to hang out or even associate with me anymore..Now don't get me wrong they are overweight also but the diffrence between them and me is I am choosing to get healthy because I am tired of being unhappy with myself, and not always but sometimes thinking hey r they looking at me because if a Fine azz chick...lol or are they looking at me because they are like look at that fat azz chick..... They are fine as long as we go out to eat or have bar-b-que's in the summer and they see me getting just as large as they are they are cool..But 2 of them don't have kids and they don't understand that a 3-year old has energy and don't want to sit down and wait they want to go and play NOW.... and 1 does have a child and she is just plain old lazy.... I am so tired of spending more money than i have to on clothes. I truly am ready to step out of the box and go places that I have never been before meet new people make new friends for life and have more in common than yeah I can eat an entire foot long from sub way how about u? LOL:lol: (use to be able to...lol) So why am i feeling like this? It actually seems like when i start talking about loosing weight, working out and eating healthy they don't want to talk anymore or they are going to call me bk and never do...:cursing::confused:

Making the move to go to that uncomfortable place is very scary and even scarier when you see others being strong enough to do it. Love them all for where they're at ... stay strong and know that your strength may help get there too.

girl you are doing the right thing and that is being healthy and providing your child with a role model. your child deserves to have a parent that can keep up and be part of their life. a parent that can teach good life skills, make good choices, and set the example. you are doing it all for the right reasons, your child comes first. and the others, you may serve as a role model for them as well, if not then you are meant to be past that point in your life, we all grow. nothing is constant but change. good for you!!! you deserve to be happly and healthy. g2s

It is ironic that I read your post tonight because I have been having the same issues as you. I have been approved for my surgery already but I have spent the last three nights sleepless because I am wondering what my friends and co workers will say when I start showing my weight loss. I decided not to tell everyone, just a few select people. A few months before I began the journey into the lap band process, I mentioned it to one of my closest friends who happen to be overweight also. She told me that I should go on Medifast and not go through such a drastic surgery to lose weight(Did I mention to you that about a year ago, she was denied by her insurance company for WLS)? I have just come to the realization after reading your post that I am going to do this for me and think positive thoughts and I cannot wait to start posting my weight loss success! I'm with you on being afraid of losing close friends, but why would they want you to be over weight and unhappy? You are doing this for yourself and your child. I am getting more excited about the surgery and the weight loss as I write this. I truly believe that once your friends begin to see how good you look and how happy you are, they will probably start to ask you questions about your weight loss and maybe look into the surgery themselves. I hope you get the call soon so you can start seeing the results of your weight loss in real instead of in your dreams. Hang in there and continue with the faith. :cursing:

It is ironic that I read your post tonight because I have been having the same issues as you. I have been approved for my surgery already but I have spent the last three nights sleepless because I am wondering what my friends and co workers will say when I start showing my weight loss. I decided not to tell everyone, just a few select people. A few months before I began the journey into the lap band process, I mentioned it to one of my closest friends who happen to be overweight also. She told me that I should go on Medifast and not go through such a drastic surgery to lose weight(Did I mention to you that about a year ago, she was denied by her insurance company for WLS)? I have just come to the realization after reading your post that I am going to do this for me and think positive thoughts and I cannot wait to start posting my weight loss success! I'm with you on being afraid of losing close friends, but why would they want you to be over weight and unhappy? You are doing this for yourself and your child. I am getting more excited about the surgery and the weight loss as I write this. I truly believe that once your friends begin to see how good you look and how happy you are, they will probably start to ask you questions about your weight loss and maybe look into the surgery themselves. I hope you get the call soon so you can start seeing the results of your weight loss in real instead of in your dreams. Hang in there and continue with the faith. :tt1:

You know my friends are the same. We all have gym memberships, but im the only one that will go and have gone on a regular basis. See I pretty much know how this is going to end up because i lost weight before but of course once i got prego w/my son i gained about 85lbs and im killing myself trying to loose the last 30lbs that i gained w/him so i can start where i stopped off at. But they pretty much stopped talking to me then. I swear I did not act diffrent towards them or anything. They would exclude me and then when i would ask hey where did 'ya'll go' they would say oh 'well u know what fat bitches do...went to eat..' since u dont eat like us didn't make any since for us to call u and my feelings were so hurt.. but once i had my son and did not drop all of the weight right away they started to call more and want to hang out. It really makes me sad to think that they pretty much were not my friends from the begenning even though i have known 1 since high school... '88-92' truly sad.. but it is what it is... Contrags CoCo on you making the decision to go thru with it... Because at this point it's all about u... and me of course... :cursing: G2S, & Iwanttotryagain...You both rock.... it is definately a double edge sward

My suggestion, and realize I'm really telling myself this and not you!, is to love them all. Love them for their shortsightedness, love them for their fear and love them for their inability to see the light that is growing inside of you. And if they don't love you back - go shopping for a new outfit!! HAHAHA I have a friend that is in the ministry and she keeps telling me I have to love everyone ... everyone. The good and the bad - especially the bad ones. They need it the most. If they had the love that you now have for yourself they wouldn't be so fiesty about it. So they *need* it the most. You'll feel better about it if you can get past their fear and move on to acceptance - because this is really about YOU and not at all about them. Ok, let's make a pact today. We are going to love everyone, even if it kills us!!!! And let you tell you something, I'm at work right now and it ain't going to be easy!!!

OMG, most of my friends in my adult years have also been overweight. I found my comfort zone with them. Not surprisingly, those friendships did not last. "Hey, you like to eat, too" is just not enough glue to keep a friendship together.

Don't be nervous about having the surgery. I haven't had mine yet. However, I'm looking forward to trying new things after I've lost some weight - things I wouldn't or couldn't have tried at the weight I am now. I think this will give me an opportunity to make friends with whom I have more in common than eating habits.

Be brave, do this for you! You don't need to worry about them. The ones who are truly your friends will remain. And I think it's awful that they excluded you from going out simply because you were treating your body right. You deserve a whole lot better than that.

Congratulations for so clearly seeing what's happening. I think we will both be very surprised with the unexpected positive changes that occur in our lives when we have lost some weight.

-Theresa