Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My first NSV! Share yours as they happen!

Excellent! You should get a Busy gettin' SEXY!! bumper sticker!

I had a funny NSV today: I discovered my port! I can actually feel it now!

Ha ha I love playing around with my port!

I know that it's probably not advisable, which with the number of people who've had port flips and so on, but I can feel my port and the tube, and I have this somewhat unnatural fascination with touching them!

Yeah yeah, I'm a freak.

Excellent! You should get a Busy gettin' SEXY!! bumper sticker!

I guess that would be a good way to discourage DH from using all the gas in my vehicle!!

That is a funny NSV, my port area is still sorta numb....now is that crazy?? Annie, can u really feel the tube??

That is a funny NSV, my port area is still sorta numb....now is that crazy?? Annie, can u really feel the tube??

Well, i think it's the tube! It feels totally bizarre! I started off suddenly discovering the port one day, about a month after my surgery. So anyway, I was intrigued, kept on feeling around etc... and I start to feel this "thing" coming off the side of the port! I can only feel about 1cm of it, then it disappears to somewhere I don't want to imagine.....

got a couple NSV's

Well I'm short so I have to have the seat pulled up in my car, well my stomach has always pressed against the wheel, not any more!!

At valentine's day, a co-worker was giving the ladies in the office watches. Well I picked mine out knowning that wouldn't be able to wear it because it would not fit around my wrist, well now it does.

This weekend I pulled out a pair of pants I haven't been able to wear in 2 years. They fit!! I loved these pants too.

:little tear:

I'm wearing my wedding ring for the first time in about six years......

makes me very happy!

And nice work, EGlue!

The watch and the pants are great victories for you, but the best one is that you can drive more comfortably: hopefully, the number of moose and pedestrians you've been nailing because of your old seating position will rapidly decline!

got a NSV

About 12yrs ago i was in my girlfriends wedding. I paid over $300 for this dress, but i didn't mind because it was purple and i was going to get it altered, To wear again. Well i never did. So, i put it on the other night and it fit again. So now i'm gong to get it shortened and make my husband take me out to dinner. I could see it in his eyes that he won't mind! gotta love these NSV.:biggrin:

Edited by purplecandle
spelling

ok, an embarrassing NSV but one never the less.:)

I was playing softball, running to 2nd base and my pants fell DOWN!!!!!!!

not sure if any one noticed cuz my panties were the same color as my pants but OMG...MY PANTS FELL DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time for new pants!!!!!

Purple! How did I miss your story? Did you get the dress shortened? It seems the least your husband could do is to take his remodeled wife out to dinner in her remodeled dress...

Haha, Wisshi! The same thing happened to me today - except I wasn't playing softball, I was at work. My pants fell down, but no one could see because my scrub suit top is now so freaking enormous on me that it hid the pants' slide until I could grab them and pull them up...

Edited by Fenton

Congradulations on all the NSV's, I can relate to the adjustment of the driver's seat in the car. One day I got in my car and it just did not feel right, had to re-adjust!!

Harley, finally getting to wear those important rings do mean something. I finally was able to wear the ring my mother gave me, makes me "warm and fuzzy inside" each time I look at it now.

Purple, bet the dress looks beautiful and heres to hoping you get more uses out of it! Candles reflects great off purple!

Wisshi, start buying cute underwear!!

Fenton, buy a new belt!!

I'm not feeling well, so I went to the doctor today. The bad news is that I have an upper respiratory infection (Yuck!). The good news is that I had a NSV! In the past, they have always had to use a larger blood pressure cuff on me. It's always so embarassing b/c they try the regular one and it doesn't work on my fat arms. They have to go find the one larger cuff that they have in the whole office. But, today, she used the regular cuff on me, and it worked! Yippee! If I would have felt better, I probably would have jumped around the office.

This week I not only hit my 20lb mark, but my status has changed regarding my BMI. I typed in my number in the BMI calculator and to my surprise...I am NO LONGER MORBIDLY OBESE!!!. Now, I'm just plain ole' regular obese! The next step....the "over weight" classification. My husband( who doesn't understand AT ALL) couldn't understand why I was so happy, that I am now just "clincally" obese....but I'm sure my lapbandtalk friends know where I'm coming from!!!

By the way...for those of you who are slow losers like myself...I cant give you a better piece of advice than to use thedailyplate.com food and exercise tracker. I finally did it. I had only lost 10 lbs betweem ,my surgery date (april 11th) and July 21st. I lost 10 of my 20 lbs in one month after I got serious about tracking my food.