Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Measurements all out of whack.. clothes suck!

I'm having serious issues. I keep looking frumpy, so I buy new sizes.. everything is either frumpy or too small. I took measurements and compared them to size charts last night.. and no wonder.

But now what?!

My Chest- 44"

Waist- 40"

Hips At largest- 41"

(Sample size chart did not format right, so here's the info compared to the size chart)

sizing guidelines

My chest is an 18, my waist is (not even on here) 24 maybe, and my hips are 12. I am finding this everywhere I go!!!! If the shirt fits my boobs & belly, it looks frumpy on my arms and shoulders. Argh. I've upset, I don't even know what to do with this info. I'm always going to look frumpy in clothes now? :wub:

Here is a question , Where are you shopping ? For instance are you shopping at plus size stores ? "Normal" stores ? ect ?

Mindy

I have to get my cloths tailored ... I have no other option. I have to buy them to fit my legs which puts me at a 22/24 then bring it to a tailor to have them size the waist down to fit my waist which is roughly a size 14/16 in missus. It is only a 32 ... so you can imagine how goofy I look when I wear cloths that actually fit me instead of buying shirts that will slide over the hips ....

Welcome to my world ....

I wouldn't worry about it until you are at goal. The weight comes off different parts of our body at different rates. Right now I'm thinking it's coming off your bottom faster than your top. Eventually, you'll run out of bottom, though, and more will come off the waist and the top.

However, even thin people don't always have perfect figures so you may have certain styles that will never really work for you. At least now that you are mostly in the regular sizes, you have more choices. :crying: You may have to get your tops in one kind of store and your bottoms in another. But right now I have only two stores in my town whose clothes fit me at all so I'm looking forward to having more choices even though I know my proportions are always going to be an issue for things like dresses even when I'm at goal.

I went through this, and mine did even out. I bought a sewing machine and learned to tailor things a bit. They look much better when you can make it fit you anways. I have a friend who is a 6 who always buys an 8 and has it tailored to her body, so skinny people do it too!

Have you tried different stores ? maybe differnt stores , different styles might help ? I also think the tailoring idea is an option Also the baby doll type shirts are in now THANK GOD and they hid a lot . My problem im having myself is my arms are so flabby now , i live in Texas and EVERYTHING here is either sleevless or short sleeve or VERY VERY Short sleeve . Not cool. !

Im in "Normal" sizes and and store by store differs so much its not even funny one store im one size the next im 2 sizes smaller or larger !

Mindy

I only get my pants from one place, so pants aren't an issue.. they are fitting fine (and encourage me the most since my hips are a size 12 at these plus size places!!).

It's really tops that I am lamenting about. I can wear XL tops from 'normal store', and 1-2x tops at 'plus size' stores. It all depends on the place.. but, they all have the same problem.. unless it's designed to fit bigger (like babydolls), I hate how it sits on my belly.. if it fits me right, it will be too tight on the belly and it's so 'gooey' now, it bounces horribly.

If I go up a size, the shirt looks too big on me.. and coworkers point out how I need to go down a size!

I loved babydolls, but for about 5 months in a row the lady who does my hair asked me if I was pregnant.. I finally figured out why she asks.. babydolls make me look pregnant!! Since my belly is the biggest part of me, the babydolls just don't help me out.

For tailoring, never done that before.. I always assumed it's expensive & timely.. I have 10 dollar shirts, pay $50 to tailor and it won't be ready for a month, by then I am in a new size. This is just how I always thought it, is it different from that?

I only get my pants from one place, so pants aren't an issue.. they are fitting fine (and encourage me the most since my hips are a size 12 at these plus size places!!).

It's really tops that I am lamenting about. I can wear XL tops from 'normal store', and 1-2x tops at 'plus size' stores. It all depends on the place.. but, they all have the same problem.. unless it's designed to fit bigger (like babydolls), I hate how it sits on my belly.. if it fits me right, it will be too tight on the belly and it's so 'gooey' now, it bounces horribly.

If I go up a size, the shirt looks too big on me.. and coworkers point out how I need to go down a size!

I loved babydolls, but for about 5 months in a row the lady who does my hair asked me if I was pregnant.. I finally figured out why she asks.. babydolls make me look pregnant!! Since my belly is the biggest part of me, the babydolls just don't help me out.

For tailoring, never done that before.. I always assumed it's expensive & timely.. I have 10 dollar shirts, pay $50 to tailor and it won't be ready for a month, by then I am in a new size. This is just how I always thought it, is it different from that?

I see what your saying i think you might have the same issue i have.

for instance i COULD wear a size 12 top but i Have to wear a size 14 top because my excess skin around my stomach is so bad .

If i wear the right size shirt my muffin top shows ( no matter what size pants i have on ) SO I have found a solution . A tummy slimmer . I got mine at Jc Penny's it stays in place and tucks into my pants so it does not roll up . I tried the Spanx kind but they roll up if i get the under wear type .

Breathe by Barely There™ Shaping Cami Shapewear - Barely There Shapewear

If this is not the right issue for you sorry . This is an issue i had and this helps a lot, I had someone ask me the other day if I had my Tummy Tuck already LMAO

HTH

Mindy

Thanks! I will check that out, I bought a Spanx top a monthish ago, I'm actually wearing it right now. It does nothing to 'hold me in', but it actually fits me so I like it as a normal tank top around the house. And it does roll up.. ho hum. Why did I have to be born fat? It's too expensive!!!

----

Is this the one you got? That looks like the spanx one I'm wearing, and you say it doesn't roll up on you?

I will say the trick to the barely there is the right size. But its long enough that i tuck it into my pants and it goes down to my hips and nearly covers all of my butt. I also like that is has an "area' For my boobs so my boobs dont get smashed. It holds me in well . Try on different sizes if one size should feel WAY too tight , that one is too small, then try on the nextsize down.

Mindy

Well I went to look at the website that the link you gave takes you to, to buy.. According to them I should be XL. So I'm going to go try them on, but that website sells them for $15 which is pretty cheap for a shaper. If they work well in the store, going to order some.

Thanks again for the tip!

Do they have those things for thighs? Most of the shapers I have found stop mid thigh. Which leaves me with hour glass thighs. Not to sexy if you know what I mean.

I have tried those panty hose shaper ones that are like the mid calf leggings. They feel so uncomfortable and with being as short wasted as I am I can wear the tops as bra's!! (Low rise pants fit me as mid rise).

My tailor is really good though, generally only takes about a week for my stuff to get back, and since I live off the clearance racks right now (I am cheap, I can't help it) I wind up paying roughly the cost of new jeans (around 20ish) after it is all said and done.

Well I went to look at the website that the link you gave takes you to, to buy.. According to them I should be XL. So I'm going to go try them on, but that website sells them for $15 which is pretty cheap for a shaper. If they work well in the store, going to order some.

Thanks again for the tip!

Yep that is how much i paid for them I would say an XL is about right I bought a L and im a 14 or so ? so that sounds about right .

I would def. try them on though . I live in Texas too and as it warms up they dont make you too warm either. Let me know

MIndy

Do they have those things for thighs? Most of the shapers I have found stop mid thigh. Which leaves me with hour glass thighs. Not to sexy if you know what I mean.

I have tried those panty hose shaper ones that are like the mid calf leggings. They feel so uncomfortable and with being as short wasted as I am I can wear the tops as bra's!! (Low rise pants fit me as mid rise).

My tailor is really good though, generally only takes about a week for my stuff to get back, and since I live off the clearance racks right now (I am cheap, I can't help it) I wind up paying roughly the cost of new jeans (around 20ish) after it is all said and done.

They have some that look like biker shorts ?

Would that work for you ?

mindy

i have the weird shape thing going on too! and i just about wanted to cry when i looked at the link! i so need help. i am just mad that i am at work and cant measure...what size do i need? what size? anyway, thank you so much! i cant wait to measure and get one ordered. i really think this is the help i am in need of! you guys rock!