Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

any April 3rds?

Hi Kris -

I grew up in Fredericksburg! Well, actually Stafford County, but we were just 2 miles from downtown F'burg. I had my last big dinner before the pre-op at the Outback at Central Park! And, btw, I'm Amy.

I'll hit the Vitamen Shoppe tomorrow. I got really down today, because I'm having a hard time with how awful the shakes are. I did Optifast for 12 weeks before and that was no picnic, but there's got to be something out there that I like. I guess I just need to get the shakes down and get my taste "thrills" from Crystal Light!

Hi Christi,

I am going to Dr. Ortiz as well! I am on April 3rd. Maybe we will see each other at the Lucerna. How is your preop diet going? I can not wait and wish it was tomorrow. I keep having these concerns, being self pay, about the "what ifs" of what could go wrong post surgery! I just try to block it out of my mind.

Keep in touch,

Gina

welcome christie!

I am so glad to have this little support group of our own!

Amy, that's so funny that you had your meal at CP...I am there ALL the time! lol. We should definitely keep in touch and we can meet up and shop if ya want too! hehe, I am a shopahaulic!

So I had my first WOW moment tonight, i know before being banded! lol.

I had to gain weight to get the surgery, I was not technically 100 pounds over weight, I had lost a little before the consultation so I had to gain about 17 pounds. So since that consultation, I have been trying like heck to lose what I put on, but the scale was STUCK! So I have been stuck at 226.6 for three days now, it would go up to 227.8 and down to 226.2 at different times of the day (I am scale obsessed) and tonight, at 8pm it finally went down to 225.6!!! I was saying all day, I just want to see 225 I don't care if it's 225.9 Just a 5 instead of a 6. And I got my wish! So I was really excited! I was so scared that since my problem has always been due to PCOS and insulin resistance, I get at a weight and can't budge. I was petrified that this liquid diet would prove the same as every other diet and I would lose one or two pounds and then get stuck.

Great Job, Photogirl!

You are already doing just great. Just think what you will be able to do once you have your band.

Gina

Hi Ladies! I am April 3rd with Dr Zapata in Monterrey, also a self pay. Hooray for us and our new start!

At this time, I am not on any type of pre-op diet.

I am 230 and want to get down to 140.

HOLY SHIT!!!! excuse my french, but I am totally scale addicted, it's intoxicating to me to see the number go down. I just weighed myself again since this morning and it was 223.8!!!!!! down 2.2 pounds from thsi morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im an April 3rd too.... Dr Portenier at Duke Weight Loss Surgery Center. PreOp is tomorrow. Im ready to get it DONE! Bring on next Thursday!

Edited by dsk

dsk,

Thursday is the 3rd. Wednesday is the 2nd. What day are you getting banded? Don't want you to show up on the wrong day!!!

dsk,

Thursday is the 3rd. Wednesday is the 2nd. What day are you getting banded? Don't want you to show up on the wrong day!!!

You passed the test!!! :tongue_smilie: Yup... I typed in the wrong day although I dont know why. My big day is Thursday 4/3. Ill use the 'excited' defense!