Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sixck in the morning

Okay so I can eat just about anything I want even with 5 cc's, just in limited portions of course. But what I am having problems with is first thing in the morning. Everything I eat seems to get stuck and I throw up. Its not the portion or if I am chewing enough I can eat Cream of Wheat. After about 2 hours I can eat. Just not right away in the morning. I have experimented with everything. Any advice except waiting two hours to eat? I just need to eat int he morning becuase I don't get a break until lunch. :)

I also can't eat leftovers. I'll cook for dinner and try to take it for lunch the next day and it gets stuck or I just can't eat it. Anyone else had that problem too. My step-daughter has the same issue.

I've seen other people post about being tighter in the a.m. as well. Some have a Protein shake, others wait a few hours and then have a yogurt at their desk or a Protein Bar. Your fill might loosen up a bit in a while. Are you staying hydrated at night? Too much sodium with dinner causing swelling? It might not be any of those things but you could try to see.

Otherwise, you might have to stick with a shake until the fill loosens up a bit.

A lot of bandsters tend to be more restricted in the mornings than the rest of the day. Have you ever noticed if your rings are tighter in the morning as well? This would be a good indicator of tissue swelling and if the tissue in your fingers is swelling you can safely assume the stomach tissue inside your band is swelling as well.

You are right though to not want to skip Breakfast, it is always a good idea to try to have something in the morning to kick start your metabolism. Have you tried drinking a Protein drink just for Breakfast?

My doc use to be against Protein supplements especially liquid shakes after the initial recovery period as he was concerned about the liquid calories not keeping us feeling full but after over 1000 band surgeries he has since changed his position and now says it is much better to drink a Protein shake in the mornings if your are too tight to eat solids than it is to skip breakfast.

Thank you to all who posted. I never thought about a Protien shake. I never had to do them as part of my pre orpost-op diet.

I'll give it a try.

It sounds so simple. :) I'm embarassed I did not think of it.

For fear of sounding like a commercial. My personal favorite "Quick" Protein shake is Slim Fast's LOW CARB shakes. They have 20 grams of Protein and only 4 grams of Carbs (2 of which are fiber). The only places I've found them for sale though are Walgreens and Sam's Club.

I like the slimfast because they not only have the protein but have some Vitamins and minerals as well. But it has to be the low carb one. Oddly the one they market as "High Protein" has less protein and WAY more carbs (15 protein & 20 carbs)

Some people I know like to stir in a little instant coffee, though I'm not a coffee fan. Sometimes if I feel like mixing it up a bit I've run it through a blender with some Strawberries, Rasberries or Banana's or even a tablespoon of Peanut Butter but I think it tastes fine without the add-ins.

Other than Slimfast I sometimes get the Isopure drinks from GNC. They have 40 grams of protein per bottle and 0 carbs but the flavor is a bit of an acquired taste. The only one I "like" is the Grape Frost with some Crystal Light mixed in it to boost the flavor. The orange one I tried tasted like a watered down and ever so slightly slimy McDonalds orange drink (NASTY!) though I never tried mixing in the Crystal light orange flavored mix with it.

I will also make my own shakes from powders if I have the time/desire but usually I find it hard to get the powder to properly dissolve and it just doesn't seem worth the effort. Most of them don't have as good a protein to carb ratio as the Slim Fast and none of the extra nutrition. Still they are cheaper and easier to tailor to your personal tastes.

Diane,

Thanks for the message, I was wondering about Slim Fast but wasn't sure. That sounds great I did Slim Fast a few years ago and don't mind the taste.

Sounds like a plan to me. Thanks again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches