Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my lap band prodedure on March 6th. I felt really good after the surgery, I had no complications other than I got tonsilitis during recovery and couldn't keep anything down. That was a pain but I feel better now.

I have my first follow up appointment with my doctor this Thursday so I am excited to see how much weight I have lost. Does anyone know what is the typical amount of weight loss? I am having major issues staying just on the liquid diet, I could kill for something to chew on. I am not a fan of the Protein Shakes, they make me really sick so I really need to find something that I can use that will get me my Protein. Any suggestions?

I know what you mean about the broth. I was on a liquid diet for 5 days before the surgery and I tried to get that down and it didn't work too well. How long has it been since you have had the surgery, and if you don't mind me asking, how much weight have you lost?

I had my surgery the same day as yours in NYC. I have already been to my Dr.twice 1st for surgery follow-up and just went this Monday for my first fill - felt kinda strange. I had a 30lb weight loss from the onset of the liquid diet 1 week prior to surgery up till now. Last week I had problems with feeling hungry and I'm hoping that the adjustment takes care of it. After surgery my Dr. had me on liquids for 10days, then mushy for 2 wks but then reguar food. After the fill I was on liquid for 2 days and mushy for the next 2 and then regular. I can't believe u r still on liquids u must be going crazy!:rolleyes2: I used to make a few tbsps of instant mashed potatoes and it wld satisfy me.

Edited by rosiered

I have been to the doctor twice already also. The first time was just to check my stitches and I lost 27 pounds so I was pretty happy. Last week I went for my second appointment and had gained a pound. I was really disappointed. I had the same problem you were having, I felt like I was hungry all the time and I felt like I was eating a lot more. He tried to do the fill in the office and I passed out twice. It was the weirdest thing. He said he thought I was dehydrated and rescheduled my fill for the 21st. He told me to make sure I ate in the morning and drank juice right before I came in. I think it was because he poked me 21 times and never did find the port so it was really starting to hurt. I have done better this week. I still feel hungry but I am trying to eat more often just little portions. I am now on regular food and it fees great. There have been a few things that I have not been able to tolerate and have thrown up but I just stay away from those things. My big problem is gettin my Fluid down. I can't seem to get enough fluid down me. I have started drinking Decaf tea and now and then I have some Powerade so that is helping a little. Congratulations on the 30 pound weight loss, you will have to let me know if the fill helped with the hunger and the weight loss. When do you go back to the doctor again?

How did your Dr. visit go and what stage of eating are you on now?

I go back to my Dr. this Fri 5/9 don't know if i'll get a 2nd fill or not.

Went to my endocrinologist last night and I'm down another 5 lbs making 35lbs so far ....hallelujah!!!! Having been this weight for 25 years. The journey has begun!!!

good luck to you and I hope your eating food by now lol.

It actually went really good this time. No passing out or anything. It has been two weeks since the fill and I still can't eat anything without throwing up so I have been trying to still stay on Fluid and mashed stuff, which is getting old really quick. I have lost 41 pounds so far so I am very happy about that. I don't go back to the doctor until June 2nd, which is 6 weeks from my first fill so I figure I will be ready for my second fill when I go back. I know how you feel about the weight. I have been overweigh as long as I can remember. I know I have a long way to go but at least now I can see light at the end of the tunnel. I have about 140 pounds left to go but I know I will get there eventually. Congratulations on your big weight loss, you will have to keep me up to date.

Hi I just finished my first week had complications though possible blood clot. I am currently having a work up to confirm not a pulmonary problem. I agree the liquids are hard and also long for the feeling of chewing again. The popscycles help some.Cher