Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my first fill today! Just 2cc's in my large AP Band (my dr says it will hold 14cc's). I think he had me up to 3cc's but backed off a bit because the Water just wasn't going down very well. I was gurgling quite a bit! LOL It didn't hurt in the least! In fact, at one point he said, "okay this is going to hurt a lot!" I was like, "WHAT????" He laughed and said, "just kidding!" UGH! LOL

He wants me back in three weeks! He was extremely pleased with my progress, he reiterated how big my hiatal hernia was! He seemed really impressed with it. LOL No wonder it took so long to heal! He said I may still feel pain in my left shoulder if I eat too much from the hernia repair.

I had to laugh at him today. I confessed about eating too many carbs on Sunday during brunch and I told him that I didn't beat myself up too badly and just got back on track. He looked at me at said, "No, that's my job!" I love that though, I need someone who's going to keep me on track and he seems to be just the person to do it!

ROFL! I was going to ask you how your's went!!!! I go back on April 4th which is just over three weeks but that was the closest one they have. This one will be in the morning which should be interesting as I'm a bit tighter in the morning. I am actually a tad hungry tonight and he may have been able to go a little tighter but I'd really rather him go slower than faster. I'm not the type that needs a whole lot of restriction to succeed. I'm happy being able to eat moderate amounts and depend a little more on good old fashioned will power. As long as I don't get too hungry!!!

So how did it go for you??????

It was quick and easy. She put 3cc in (I have a 10cc band). Water went right down, so not sure how tight it is yet. My next appt is April 2nd.

That's really so funny that we're on the same schedule and have to lose the same amount of weight. That's what so nice about having a group where everyone was banded during a specific time period. It really helps to be able to compare things like weight loss, first fills, and other symptoms.

Good luck with your fill!

Congrats to both of you! I thought of you guys today and was eager to get to the forum tonight and see how it went. Isn't it easy?!!

Just a teensy warning though. I was on post-fill diet like yours Karen - 1 day clear, 1 day full, 1 day mushies and then back to food. Did fine with all of that, but yesterday and today since I've been back on food...yikes, I get really really full. I guess that's the point of the band! LOL!

But seriously, I eat a small to moderate portion of something (still nothing has gotten stuck and none of the gross sounding sliming or PBing) but I feel quickly uncomfortably full and gassy. Nice, huh. Tomorrow I'm promising myself that I will eat a few bites, stop and wait and see if I feel full yet, and just really slow down. Restriction is nice, but feeling like I just ate Thanksgiving after every tiny meal is a bit weird.

Hang in there through the liquids! My few days on liquids post-fill led to a crazy 7 lb. loss - (not so much now that I'm back on real food) but hope it does the same for you!!

That would be fabulous! I've been stuck at the same weight for over a week, maybe this is what I need to break that.

I got my first fill today and it went well. My doctor told me to go back to liquids and mushies. Definitely ate less tonight and felt great restriction:eek:. I was a little stagnant with my weight this past week.

I'm trying so hard not to hate you all for getting fills already.

*jealous whining*

Gibson, when are you getting yours? I'm sorry, I know it has to be hard having to wait. It will be worth it, I promise! You will be on your way soon.

I got my first fill today and it went well. My doctor told me to go back to liquids and mushies. Definitely ate less tonight and felt great restriction:eek:. I was a little stagnant with my weight this past week.

That's great babedoe! I am back on real food today and am amazed at how little I'm eating. Much less than last week! I am struggling to get my calories in right now.

Got filled today too. Got 4.2cc. I go back in 6weeks for my second fill. drinking is good as long as I take small sips. Been on liquids for today. Tomorrow I go to pureed food, then back to solid Saturday. Lost 7lb in two weeks. doing good. :)

I want my fill now!! lol

Seriously, congrats to everyone for getting their first fill.

I go on Wed., 3/26, and I can't wait!!

JaxBandster: I'm glad it didn't hurt at all. I hope mine doesn't, either!! lol