Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm having port revision on 3/12!

Hi Everyone!

I'm not new to Lapbandtalk but I am a lurker. I am posting to find out who else have had their port repositioned.

My port flipped after a bad fall down the stairs (I think)! LOL:crying:

Thanks

Hi, I had to have revision surgery to re-stich my port after it flipped. I dont' know how it flipped, but it just came undone about 2 months after surgery.

I'm seven months out and never had restriction. I'm thinking my port had flipped from the get go.

Was your port revised with local anesthesia or general?

general...

they found out when they couldn't access the port to give me my 2nd fill. Then they put me under xray and could see the port flipped.

I had my port flip about 4 months after I got banded. It was not a big deal, I was in and out of the surgery center within a few hours and back to work the next day.

I had it too, it's a lot easier than the first surgery. Good luck :))

I was banded in January 2007. The first time it came up was probably March or April of 2007. I had revision surgery in August, which was a cinch. But...it came up AGAIN. I haven't even bothered to go for another revision because I have only had 2 fills, and have reached my goal. I am starting to reconsider though because I experience significant pain when I work out with my trainer.

Wow, so this port flips frequently? I have never restriction and have only lost the initial 20 pounds. It has always been a battle to get the right fill. According to my old doctor (have a new one now due to medical coverage) I have 3cc's in my 4cc band, but I don't think that is the truth because I would've had restriction and that has never happened to me. I think the NP at the old doc's office was not getting the port right or she nicked it and I have a leak.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches