Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Central Ohio Get Together - April 12, 2008

Hi my friends in C-bus! I am FINALLY BANDED!!!! I'm still in the hospital waiting for the doctor to release me. I am having an allergic reaction to something. They think a patch for nausea (Scopalamine), but now they're investigating that maybe it's the antibiotic. I'm doing okay though, and ready to go home!

I'll check in later!

~~Carol

Heather and Tyanna -- I now understand your excitement at being able to put away older bigger size things in a donate box. My first few things in 4X and 30/32s are going in now and if I don't hear any takers, I'll donate them to charity and the good expensive dresses maybe take them to the Chrissy's consignment store out off E. Main St. near Brice Rd. and see how that goes and maybe see if I can find some smaller sizes for me at a bargain too.

Can you give us the address and mybe directions to Chrissy's consignment store. I have two suits I would like to try and sell. I would also love to look for some smaller stuff as vacation is comming up quick.

Yes I also plan to donate what ever is left on Saturday to charity it is just so wonderful to know I will never wear that size again. Can't wait till tomorrow.

Carol .

Great to hear that you are ready to go home and doing well. Welcome to the Bandwagon!!!!! Just keep us posted and let us know if there is any way we can help you or give you support as your journey has just begun!!!

Kathy

Yah Carol! You were on my mind a lot over the weekend, so I guess I was just feeling your excitement! Glad all is well (except for the reaction!) Keep us updated! and Congrats!!!!

Heather and Tyanna -- I now understand your excitement at being able to put away older bigger size things in a donate box. My first few things in 4X and 30/32s are going in now and if I don't hear any takers, I'll donate them to charity and the good expensive dresses maybe take them to the Chrissy's consignment store out off E. Main St. near Brice Rd. and see how that goes and maybe see if I can find some smaller sizes for me at a bargain too.

That's so awesome K!!!! Congratulations!!!

I have a huge box to bring with me tomorrow and lots more to go through for next month! I will just keep bringing my box with me as we get new people each month and hopefully someone can use them. I also have a girl at work that I will pass some things down to after our meeting. I LOVE giving my clothes away. LOL

Hi my friends in C-bus! I am FINALLY BANDED!!!! I'm still in the hospital waiting for the doctor to release me. I am having an allergic reaction to something. They think a patch for nausea (Scopalamine), but now they're investigating that maybe it's the antibiotic. I'm doing okay though, and ready to go home!

I'll check in later!

~~Carol

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Carol I am so happy you've joined the band wagon! WOO HOO!!!! Most of our un-banded members are now banded. How awesome is that! I'm only sad that we won't see you tomorrow... but look forward to next month when you can share all of your excitement with us!

Well it doesn't look like I'll make my 50 pounds by tomorrow :-( Oh well... I did have an NSV today... went to try on some bathing suits at Wal-mart and was able to put on a size 16 bottom and if my legs weren't so ugly I would have said it fit! LOL

I did buy a pair of size 16 shorts to wear to work out in, but they're stretchy cotton so I'm not as excited about the size as I was the fact that I could buy something from the "non-plus" section of the store. I feel that 16s should be in my future in the next few weeks... Not too shabby... size 24/26 to 18s in a little over 6 months! I'm in awe...

I'm going to get there by 1:00 pm as I was told in my doctors' office yesterday at Mt. Carmel that they are expecting a big crowd for this. I'll do the best I can to get us a block of seats. I'll have the Butterfly balloon a flying!

Hi girls!!

I'm home! I finally got some sleep last night--thanks to Vicodin and Benadryl! I feel better today. My face is still pretty swollen and instead of welts/hives, I've got "scales" in their place. The doctors can't agree on what I was allergic to, but either way, I'm alright and I got to come home!

My incisions hurt, and the muscles hurt when I get up from a chair. I am getting rest and walking some too. The pain meds help, so I am a happy girl. I could feel something tight in my chest last night when I laid down to go to bed. Must be the band. OMG, I got a Band! I am so excited that I really did get it!

I really wish I could join you today. You are gonna have so much fun at the fashion show! Hopefully the clothes will be cute and afordable!

I can't wait until next month...hopefully it will be on a weekend that I can come! Do we know the date yet?

~C

Welcome home Carol! I'm glad you were able to get out of the hospital regardless of the scales.

I'm thinking our next meeting will be on the 10th... we tend to do the meetings on the 2nd Saturday of each month... unless we have a blizzard :-)

I'll post a thread after today's get together. Hope to see you there!

What a great turnout today!!!! It was awesome meeting all of the new members that joined us and the fashion show was so inspiring! I can't wait to see you all next month!

I just want to say that I had a great time today and I am so glad that I came to meet everyone. I feel so much better and I don't feel so alone. Other people are going through the same thing that I'm going through. Also I think it made my husband feel better asking questions and getting a better understanding of everything. Thanks, can't wait until next month.

It was good to finally meet most of you today!! I was a little nervous at first but now feel right at home. Thanks to everyone for being so friendly and welcoming. Just hope I can look like those models next year.( If i can ever hit the sweet spot that is!!):lol:

Sorry I hit the meeting at the last minute and didn't get to talk with everyone.

Next time perhaps.

Nurse Niki, I missed you!!! Hope you're okay.

Hey guys! I am sorry I missed the meeting yesterday, but my son had a fever and wanted his Mommy to hold him. I felt so bad going back to work this weekend, that I thought it was the least I could do for him! I was there in spirit! How was things? How many folks showed up, and was the banded person someone from here???