Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-banding Feed Frenzy....

I'm LOL while reading these because I think I'm experiencing Last Supper Syndrome and I haven't even rcvd ins approval or a surgery date yet! I think since the initial consult with doc and beginning of all the medical testing/visits I've been telling myself, "This may be the last 5 scoop sundae I can have from Friendly's" before eating worse then ever!! I'm making a new effort starting today to follow a much more reasonable eating plan so if I don't get the health ins green light I won't have put myself 20lbs deeper in the hole of morbid obesity (no pun intended) :)

I am in the same boat. Now that I have decided lap band is the way to go I have thrown the diet restrictions I have had in place for 2 years out the window. I had given up french fries, Whoppers (my fav. burger), spaghetti, manicotti, lasagna... I went on a cooking frenzy (love to cook and am REALLY good at it) this last week and every night made my favorite meals. I am going to have to find a new hobby instead of cooking once I am banded.

Yes, it is the last supper syndrome. I am going to visit my parents this weekend and I gave them a list of all my favorite foods to prepare. I went for biscuits gravy and tenderloin Sunday, Saturday, Olive garden, bread and salad and Pasta with dessert. My surgery is the 19th of March and my preop liquid diet is only one day before. At this rate I'm going to have to change all my patient information regarding my weight and measurements.

Yes, what you all are feeling is totally normal!! I was like a hoover vac trying to inhale everything before my surgery. I gain weight really easily and gained just over 20lbs in two months!!

My Dr. did have a pre-op diet but it was just for 1 week and you could eat real food for breakfast/dinner and had a Protein shake for lunch. I only lost 7 lbs on the pre-op diet.

It's good to know I'm not alone. My surgery is schedule for April 24th, with my liquid diet starting on April 3rd. Ever since this has been booked (two weeks ago), I seem to be eating everything in sight. I feel bad, but I can't seem to stop it. Yesterday, I was eating popcorn at 10:00a.m. in the morning!! YIKES! I wish I was starting the liquid diet today so I could get on with it. Oh well. I'm sure the time will pass quickly now.

Moonshadow, I am so very PROUD of you! On a thread like this you stand out like a big ole shining star! You've got a great start on the rest of your life! :)

I have planned a weekend of pure indulgence. My 3 favorite restaurants with my 3 favorite meals. I went to my pre-op appointment today and surgery is on Tuesday, March 18th. I'm so excited and ready for the surgery, I can't hardly see straight. However, I'm a lover of the allmighty carbohydrate and must have one last hoorah before the day is done. I'm completely committed to giving it all up once the 18th arrives but until then - better lock up your cupboards 'cause I'm comin'!:drool:

weight.png

My surgery is scheduled for Apr 22 and I find I'm already starting to overeat in anticipation. I guess it's a last hurrah before I have to get serious. It doesn't make much sense really, but I feel the same thing coming on. You're not alone!

hahaha - did the same thing....kind of like my last supper that lasted a week! but 3 days before my surgery i did the slimfast thing and lost 4 lbs. it all worked out!

You people are bad influences :smile2: I am all set to start my week long no carb diet and then I read this thread. Now I feel like eating the whole can of icing I have in my pantry. Oh well I will try not too. Best of luck to you all!

I'm VERY pre-op (just had my first consultation). Still waiting to hear from lapbandsolutions about insurance and what they might need from me.

In the past 10 days or so, I've gone NUTS with eating. I made and ate a VAT of chicken and dumplings. I've eaten a dozen Reese's eggs, at least, and lots of other crap - but I keep thinking of those dumplings. Good lord, it was a lot of food! :biggrin:

I'm sure it is "last supper-ing" but it's frustrating the hell out of me.

Ok, so I am experiencing the "last supper syndrom". I have to say, and maybe Im alone in this but.....Ive been last supperin so much I think Im tired of food. I mean, I havnt kept myself from ANYTHING and boy am I starting to feel it. Im bloated, full, and just feel plain gross. Now more than ever, I am ready to get my band. Its almost like we have to go through this syndrom thing to really get ready and tired of overeating. My date is set for the 3rd of April. Im excited and ready to STOP THE MADNESS!!!! :thumbup: