Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A bipap machine is for sleep apnea. It lets the air flow at two levels, one pressure level for the inhale and one pressure for the exhale. A Cpap machine does not vary the air pressure.

I also have fibromyalgia and have for about 18 years, I have never found a med that has worked to control the pain, I basically suck it up, which doesn;t always work, I am surprised I have been married as long as I have because I am not the nicest person to be around most days..about 1 week into my Liquid Protein diet, I had a turn around pain wise, I think I detoxed my body, because I had very minimal pain..I have lost 20+ lbs since 2-13-08 and I am actually feeling more energy and have been more happy, much to my husbands amazement, he commented how much better my attitude has been, Don't get me wrong I still have my pains, but they are getting better, maybe soon I will be able to exercise without throwing my body into a tailspin for days on end...

Good luck everyone..

Tammy

Lyrica is fairly new in the fibro world. Ask your dr. about it next time you go in. You may find it the lifesaver I have. I have RA and my dr. pushed Percoset, a habit forming narcotic, over Lyrica. I switched drs. and the lyrica, while it does take some getting used to by just forging through the initial weirdness, has saved my life, or my husband's, or my children's. I no longer have pain daily when the RA and the fibro are under control.

It's funny you should say that about the detox. When I had my colonoscopy I felt the same. It was also like that with my gallbladder and being banded. Maybe the body is busy processing real pain instead of this pretend stuff it is determined to recognize. My doctor says many of her patience are treated in pain centers as well. Eighteen years is a very long time.

Jam265, you are absolutely right about working through Lyrica's weirdness. I have never had trouble with falling asleep while driving. Three days into taking Lyrica I fell asleep and woke up driving on the wrong side of the road. Thankfully no other cars. I was also dizzy in the beginning but most of that has passed. For me the good outweighed the bad.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches