Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So, can you feel it in there?

Just curious, can you guys really feel your band inside your belly? I sort of feel like sometimes I have that knot in my stomach like when your nervous about something?? and when I have to belch it sort of hurts a little bit.. sometimes I think I can feel it touching my back. HA HA, but I know it's not touching my back.... I mean, it's not like a bad feeling, just a weird feeling. What do ya'll feel?

I don't feel a thing. Even when I press around the port area. Nothing. I guess that's because I've got two tons of fat squished in around it. =)

coolcrystal:

I cannot feel my band. However, I've always been able to feel my port. It feels like it's only about 1/4" inch below my skin on the top of my belly, just below my ribs.

My band certainly lets me know it's there every time I eat too fast, too much, or too big of a piece. I asked my doctor to show me where my band is and he said it's up under my rib cage. That's right about where I get the golf ball when I don't eat right.

I love my band.

Sue

I can totally feel my band and my port. Especially when I bend over in a certain position. It kinda hurts from the pressure. I can also feel it when I'm full. I was poking around last night and I think I felt my port but I really couldn't tell if it was that or my ribs. Weird huh...I'm hoping that eventually it will go away so that when I bend over I won't feel the pain.:angry:

cool crystal, i think the description you gave above is exactly what i feel!! i even understand the "feeling it in the back" statement... i have always been able to feel my port (in fact mine is still a little sore)-- banded 2/26

I don't feel the band at all - but I can absolutely feel the port! If I bend over, I can really feel it. With my fingers, I can actually feel around the edge of it.

I told my husband he could touch it, but he was not so up for that! He was so freaked out when I was pregnant, that it was weird for him to even feel kicks or elbows sticking out! So he has no desire to feel the port.

For about a week after surgery, I felt like my entire chest from front thru back hurt and ached! Now that is gone (today makes 4 weeks post-op). But my port incision is right at my waistline, just opposite my bellybutton. So it still hurts a lot if I sit too long, or drive too long, or my pants rub it. I'm kinda squeamish, so I don't want to touch the area where my port is, but there seems to be little "lump" under my skin where it should be!

The feeling is getting better now... This is day 10 and I'm starting to feel pretty normal, though I do feel the lump where the port is, but not sure if it's just scar tissue under there or the actual port; I thought it would be deeper. Sometimes I still get that "nervous lump" as I call it in my stomach, but maybe that's just when I'm full.

It's pretty amazing... Only one time since being banded have I actually felt a hunger pain and that was because I hadn't had anything in hours and was really hungry. I feel 100% satisfied all the time. I hope this feeling lasts till my first fill on 3/25. I wonder what it will feel like with a fill... I wonder if it will hurt super bad when they prick me.. I hope they can find my port okay.. It's funny, before I was worrying about the surgery and now its the fill.. HA HA

Dont feel weird Crystal I felt the sammmmmmmme exact way LOL ... I just didnt post ... LOL But now the feeling has gone away ... maybe it was just our body noticing that something different or extra is ther... but now I do feel my port ... full fledge!!

I have been grossing people out lately by saying "hey you wanna feel my port ... LOL ... like it is a 6th toe or something ... "hey I have 6 toes on one foot u wanna see" LOL ... I am such a goof ball at times!

I have been grossing people out lately by saying "hey you wanna feel my port ... LOL ... like it is a 6th toe or something ... "hey I have 6 toes on one foot u wanna see" LOL ... I am such a goof ball at times!

:crying: you are funny!!!!

LOL

I can feel the port but no clue about the band. I don't feel anything (except when I ate that oatmeal cookie (oops) and then I felt a lot of pressure in my chest and started sliming. :crying:

Ya'll crack me up! 6th toe~! LOL.. I wanna see!

And the "oatmeal cookie.. whoops" comment...just the sound of that makes makes me feel stuck and I didn't even eat it. HA HA