Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

Good morning all! Well I guess its good and bad that I haven't budged on the scale since it's TOM : ( Maybe next week I will find I lost some. I have my 6 month check up coming and can get another fill if I want. I think I will stick with the one I have. Even though I am not losing I think any tighter and I would have issues. I cannot guzzle Water, no breads, Pasta if I chew forever, too big of a bite and I get the golf ball effect. So I am pretty determined to stay at this restriction even though I am losing very slowly!

I was getting really bored of exercising so lately I have been taking my dog running. But I thought I would try something new. Normally I walk/run/walk/run etc. Well I started stretching and warming up and then just going straight into a run. I make it all the way around this one area and back before I am going to die.. then I walk it off outside. I did this about 2-3 times per day the last few days. My dog loves the short burst of exercise and I am hoping it mixes up my muscles a bit and I start burning more.

Way to go Brandy! I am trying to work up to running. Keep up the good work!

L2L - thanks for the hugs. I'm holding on till Thursday. I know it will get better then, atleast it better;)

I know you had a BLAST at the fair. That is such a good one. We didn't go this year due to gas prices...we're heading to NC in two weeks to camp again so saving up for that. But I sure missed my corn dog fix this year!

Happy Monday all!!,

I was banded April 22. I started at 267 and now weight 201. I am just dancing at the door of One-derland. I am finding it hard to deside if I want anouther fill this month or wether I should put it off for a month and see how it plays out. I just don't want to go down the fill / unfill road.

Best of luck to everyone. Enjoy the Day, Mari

Happy Monday all!!,

I was banded April 22. I started at 267 and now weight 201. I am just dancing at the door of One-derland. I am finding it hard to deside if I want anouther fill this month or wether I should put it off for a month and see how it plays out. I just don't want to go down the fill / unfill road.

Best of luck to everyone. Enjoy the Day, Mari

Wow you're doing super! Keep up the good job :) I weighed 267 too had surgery on 4/23 and weigh 215.

Like you I would rather not do the fill/unfill thing.

I would prefer to lose slow over that.

Edited by Brandy~
Mispoke

Hey guys! I've been so busy the last few days I haven't been able to check in. I'll need to go back to see what all I missed. I had midterms and lots of committee meetings. I'm running tonight, I don't care what happens!!

Mom- I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time! If anyone understands, it's us. You can always vent and/or whine here. I've been doing a lot of whinning myself about my issues. Sometimes it just feels good to get it out. Hang in there, Thursday will be here soon! It's strange isn't it? I can't even imagine being unfilled or unbanded now. It's such a great tool that I don't want to ever live without it again. {{((HUGS))}}

Mari - Wow!!! You are doing so great. I have been hovering around Onderland for weeks and weeks! Can't seem to break the 200's! It's driving me crazy. Keep up the great work!

The Texas state fair is going on right now in Dallas. I wanted to go this year, but guess not. I sure would like to eat a corny dog! YUM! Hope you all have a great day!!

MOM- {{{HUGS}}} from me too! A few of us have been there, I am one of them...hang in there. It will come right back off as soon as you get your fill. I know what you mean about eating the wrong stuff though. It's hard not to since you don't have that 'gentle reminder' to STEP AWAY FROM THE BREAD!" Hang in there sweetie...it's going to be okay.

MARI- WOW! How in the world??? You are doing fantastic! I started at the same weight, but was banded on the 10th. I'm only down 50 pounds. What I wouldn't give to be where you are! Hope you stick around and visit with us. We'd love to have you!

Hi everyone else. I am feeling really tight. I haven't changed anything, but I'm struggling a little bit. I can't tell if I'm just trying to get used to the whole restriction thing after being unfilled or what. Either way...

~C

Did everyone elses doctors give them a prescription for reglan (Sp right?) Everyone at my work has been sick and so far I am doing well... Till this afternoon. For Breakfast I had 2 sips of Soup (I am tight in the morning) And it just didn't sit right... it went down but I felt ikky, no morning snack, at lunch I heated up 2 oz of grilled chicken and took about 3 bites and wanted to puke.... So far all I have had is 24 oz of Water and that's not good.

I called the doctor and he said just take the prescription he sent me home with post op. I hope it works... I should have them in my purse but they are at home :crying:

Brandy-

I didn't get a RX for Reglan but it is a good choice for nausea. Your doctor was smart to give you that as a 'just in case' med (I'm a nurse). It might make you feel a little jittery or nervous, but you should do fine. I hope it works for you. He just wants to keep you from vomiting. If it doesn't work, be sure to give him a call. There are other options out there!

Hope you feel better sweetie. {{{HUGS}}} for you too!

~C

Guest Leslie2Lose

Mari - WOW - I'm with Turler you are doing fantastic! I too hope you stay around and post. It'd be great to have you.

Brandy - my doctor gave me some meds after surgery for nausia, but I don't even think I've opened it. I couldn't be sure what he prescribed. I haven't needed it (yet).

Bea - How'd your run go? I went to Zumba last night - I'm starting to get the hang of it. I'm not as bad as last week - I still have two left feet though - LOL

Mom - How are you feeling? I hope you're doing better. When is your next doc appt?

Turler - How are you doing with your fill? Still tight?

Yeah I think I have some fluish thingy going on. Stomach noises are just insane and I am nauseaus. The reglan works I just take it about 30 minutes before I eat. I talked to the doc and told him on my own accord I was going to liquids and mushies. He agreed. So last night I made a batch of potatoe and ham Soup with just a little bit of cheese. Since I am sick I left the bacon out lol. It went down and sat nicely with my stomach this morning so that was awesome. I hate Protein shakes so I will probably be drinking broth, decaff tea, Water, and more soup.

I haven't seen the scales move in a while but I am hoping that something happens soon. As much as I don't want to be sick maybe changing up my diet with mush will get it moving.

Ok what's Zumba? Sounds like it takes coordination... I kinda lack it!

Guest Leslie2Lose

It is a latin dance aerobics class. Mamba, Pony, Salsa, and some other dances I can't remember are all thrown together. My favorite dance is to Apple Bottom Jeans. More like a line dance - I can do it! Some of the others I'm tripping over my own feet, but it is so much fun!

Hmm does your gym offer it or do you go to a dance hall? I haven't seen or heard of it here in the hippy capital lol

Guest Leslie2Lose

It is offered at the YMCA (my gym) as part of the membership. Monday night is family night - I going to get my daughters to start going too. However, they are coordinated (after 3 years of dance lessons they should be - LOL). They also offer Thursday nights and Saturdays now.

I've seen some informericals lately (late night TV or Saturday - LOL), where they are offering on DVD now too. I don't feel like I am working out - just dancing. There's a lot of legwork (my legs sure could use it) and a TON of hip work (those need it even more).

Hello April Bandsters. I've been slow going but I had broken my foot in Feb and reinjured it in August so I haven't been able to exercise much. My job had me just sitting at a computer all day also. I got laid off on Friday and after spending all weekend moping, I happily got up this morning and spent 30 minutes on the ellyptical so I hope to really get moving on the exercise part so I can start getting the scale to move down. I also bought some weights for strength exercising..... I"ve been catching up reading on everyone and I'm so jealous of all the progress made by you all. I go for my 4th fill on 10/21st and hope that will help alot also. Keep up the great work and you'll be hearing from me more.

It is offered at the YMCA (my gym) as part of the membership. Monday night is family night - I going to get my daughters to start going too. However, they are coordinated (after 3 years of dance lessons they should be - LOL). They also offer Thursday nights and Saturdays now.

I've seen some informericals lately (late night TV or Saturday - LOL), where they are offering on DVD now too. I don't feel like I am working out - just dancing. There's a lot of legwork (my legs sure could use it) and a TON of hip work (those need it even more).

That sounds fun. I just wish I had a friend around here that would stick to their word and work out with me lol.

On another note Bea started a pretty cool thread for Avengers to 'strut their stuff with pics' Kinda neat to see the people you talk to all the time. I find the main photo thread very interesting and inspiring but not quite as personal as ours could be... stop by and add a picture... Thanks for the cool thread Bea.

I can't wait to go to my 6 month post op appt because they will take more during pics and put them in my chart for comparison.