Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all April Bandsters!!!!

2 DAYS till banding!!!! Tomorrow is Clear Liquids only.

I finally broke down and told my 7 & 9 year old daughters this morning. I know they've noticed the extra DR apts, new strange foods around the house, etc. I told them NOT to tell ANYONE, and I trust them about 80 % on that, but we'll see!! I will give my 5 year old son less info due to his age. They'll have to help out their dad and let me rest for a few days, so I hope I made the right decision. Had to explain to them that nobody is to know, even grandparents. At least till when and IF I decide to tell them. Don't want nosey people constantly asking me how I'm doing, etc. Also don't want to have the pressure of them watching me eat. After so many yo-yo's, failure is also a thought thats out there, but I really think this will do it. I'm ready to make this work for me. I'm really looking forward to it and I'm not really nervous about surgery.

I have to laugh... I have told my 7 year old, but didn't really explain it well. So I asked her yesterday how school was and she said fine and then someone mentioned that she had told her class that I was having a surgery this week. I asked her exactly WHAT she told them and she said she told them that "her mom was having a surgery to put a big rubber band around her stomach so she wouldn't be fat anymore". It was too funny not to laugh about. In a way it's true. I just hope those kids don't go home and tell their moms!

I am not nervous about the surgery either... well, not the surgery itself anyway. It's spending all that money. I just don't want to blow it afterwards. I love cooking, I love eating. But I can't continue down this path that I am on.

My surgery is Friday so I am a day behind you... I'll pray for all of us!

Turler!!! I am down 16 since our band-date too! woohoo!

Leslie, I nod in complete agreement as my hands are busy scratching! sheesh!!!!! Looking so forward to mushies on Thursday, :blushing:.

Just a few more hours to go! I got the call to be at the hospital at 5:15 in the morning. I live 2.5 hrs from there so I'm about to get some sleep. A little nervous, alot excited.. and ready to be on the loosing side!!

It is so GREAT to see all this positive power. All of you new banders are doing good and with out much problems it seems. I'm just so happy and excited for all of you and wish YOU ALL the best success! I look forward to each chance I can get to my computer to read from everyone. I'm a full time nurse and I also hold down a part time job several nights a week ( my "FUN" $$$)I't s just my husband and myself, and we get to work together at night, so what else would we be doing except being grouch potatoes...LOL Looking forward to a marvelous journey on the site. God Bless you all Gail

Well I did it, I was banded yesterday 4/23. I'm so glad I went though with it so I can finally start my new life. Congrads to all the April bandsters who have been banded & good luck to the remaining April bandsters to be.

Thanks for the prayers everyone! I got home around 4 yesterday. Was a very painful day but I am feeling a little better today. Ready for all the pain to go away so I can enjoy the fact that I've started my new life!! Looking forward to reading and posting great outcomes on this thread. We'll all band together and be april achievers also!!

36_1_67.gif Way to go, congrats to all you april banders. I was banded 4/21 and each day get a little better. 36_19_3.gif No problems with eating, not really hungary. I am on full liquids for the first 3 weeks. (anything you can get thru a straw) After that I'm on to regular food. I've been sticking with Jello, apple sauce, broth, yogart and cream of wheat. Not to bad. So far the only problem is the discomfort from the gas (gas-x great stuff) and the first night I had a hard time beathing.

Well I'm now on my way to a new healthy and more active life. Best of luck to all still waiting.

Would I do it again? Yes (Of course if you asked me the right after surgery I would have said "omg"what did I do) The next morning I was up and walking at 4:30am and glad I did it and it was over. Because of insurance I had to stay over night and I'm glad I did. I'll check back later and keep you all posted.

202.giff?id=9759

I just found this thread!! I am being banded on the 30th of april. Just like everyone has stated I am pretty nervous about the surgery, not really about the band. It feels good to have a group of people going through the same thing at the same time.

Congratulations to everyone that has been banded it must feel very good to be starting your new life!!

Good luck to those still to be banded, may we have the strength not to freak out and go running from the hospital (which is kind of what I have imagined myself doing).

You are all in my prayers!!

36_22_11.gif WELCOME TO APRIL AVENGERS, I was banded April 21st and doing fine. You will get alot of information here. I'm full liquids for 3weeks then regular food. The first few days are a little uncomfortable but the pain is not to bad36_19_1.gif. Just make sure you get gas-x it helps alot with the gas which causes most of the discomfort. Every day I am feeling better and don't regret doing it for a minute.36_22_26.gif

Plus I'm off all but 1 diebetic med which is great.

Hang in there it is so worth it.36_1_68.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZNfox000

glad your doing well dandy. It's great to see all the positive feedback from new banders. 2 days left for me and I will be a bander too. best wishes. Gail

I was banded yesterday and feel pretty good today. Gas is starting to cause some discomfort but I just took some gasex so hopefully that will help. Best of luck everyone. This is one great journey!