Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scheduled for May

Shelley,

Glad to hear that you are working through things.. and thanks for the encouraging words on the weight loss! I am looking forward to it.... was down two more pounds as of this morning... so it is coming off too!!! I feel so much better... can spend several hours in the yard without aches and pains and still have energy to do more... that's with only about a 25-30 pound loss... I can't imagine what it will feel like with a 50 or 60 pound loss.... I am just so excited and encouraged by everyone's stories. I know it won't always be a fun journey, but I do believe it is all in the attitude and feeling good! I am so getting into a healthy life long journey and always am investigating ways to make my life healthier... I love my new puppy as he runs me round the block each night and at least gets me out there for a 15-20 min. walk... MUCH more than I was doing before!!! So much fun out there... Can't wait to share more and can't wait to hear more! Shelley... stay consistent with the coconut oil..... I know it will help, just keep using it... it works for me, but only if I am consistent.

(clipped)

By the way Kami, I am drinking the coconut oil and lathering it on me hoping it will help too! According to the book I bought about the blessings of coconut oil - it should help me too! I am trying anything...

I am right at 4 weeks post op and during my liquid phase (3 weeks post op) I was losing 2-3 pounds per day. Now that I am eating again (approx. 800 cal. per day) I have only lost 2 pounds in the past week. anyone else having this problem? I have my first fill on July 15th and figured that might kick start the loosing again....I sure hope so!!! I had surgery on May 29th and have lost 23 pounds so far, mostly in the first 3 weeks on the liquid phase.

If you are only eating 800 calories a day... I don't think you are getting enough to lose.... try upping it to the standard 1200 and see what happens after a week... you do need a minimum amount for weight loss or your body is in starvation mode.... I hope that helps... also start working on the 50-60 grams of Protein per day (high level Protein - not liquid if you can avoid) and try to get as much Fiber a possible... 30-40 grams per day. Those combined with the 1200 calorie intake per day should help... also walking kickstarts it too for many. Let us know how you are doing.

Kammi in Everett, WA

DOB 5/27/08 Dr. Kuri

335/307/190

Ddem I was having the same problem I was losing 1/2 lb a week and like you most of my loss was during the liquid stage but someone on this site told me to up my calories to around a 1000 which is double what I was eating too and guess what I lost 2 lbs this week and have so much energy I actually was able to work out twice this week. BTW my 1st fill gave me zero restriction my next is July 16th.

Most important is we are losing and that's better than before the band!!!!!!! You can't compare yourself to others.

Kami, my doctor has me on 90 grams of Protein a day, which I always get in. I take all my Vitamins and Calcium and I watch the calories and carb intake as well. I walk a mile a day, sometimes more. I hadn't thought of the Fiber but have been eating alot of mushed Beans this past week. I also didn't consider upping my calorie intake, seems all I can do to get 3 meals down during the day. I will try it and see what happens.

Thanks girls!

Ddem....I think you are right on schedule....what everyone said is true about upping the cals too....I was in Laughlin, NV and I know I ate more fruit than I had been...hey at least that was better than the other options at the buffet....anyway, I of course was walking around and doing the one arm slot exercise but...I lost over that weekend! So, this week I went back to my pattern on the food thing and then I noticed I was up and down all week....I know I am loosing, it just kinda floats along and then boom it is gone...

Also, the cals from the coconut oil may take some adjusting...Kami have you decided to not worry about that?

I love the MAY POLE idea...very creative Shelly!

Take care all...I go to doc tomarrow because my port site is still not looking to pretty...I am to have a fill next week and I want it cleared up from the reddness!

Hello everyone!! I went for my second fill on Monday and I am now feeling some restriction!! I only lost 3lbs in 1 month and I was somewhat dissapointed, but I guess 3 down is better than 3 up, right?:(

I continue to do well with the food choices and exercise, so I just have to be patient and hopefully I will start seeing results soon. I have to say, some of my old habits are not easy to break!! I never realized how much I was snacking before my band!!! I am trying to be creative and think of other things to do instead of reaching for food!!!

All the best to you all!!!

I had to share a couple of NSVs:

1. Sitting in restaurant booths comfortably for the first time in a very long time.

2. Wearing jeans I bought too small 2 years ago and have never worn.

3. I wear a red plastic Bracelet from the American Heart Association in memory of my father... it sat up around my wrist before surgery. Now it sits about 3" down my arm.

4. I am not constantly adjusting my shirts when I sit or stand to make sure they fall right over my body.

5. My choker necklaces no longer choke me.

And that's after only 36 lbs!! =) I can't wait to see what happens next!

Felicia: That is awesome!! We have to take every victory that we can get since the scale sometimes gets "stuck"!! I have been exercising on a rebounder (mini trampoline) consistently since my surgery and I have lost 6 inches in my waist. I can now wear some shirts that used to not cover my belly!!! Keep up the good work everyone :(

bandfan what exercises are you doing on the rebounder.I have one and don't know what to do with it.............

If you are only eating 800 calories a day... I don't think you are getting enough to lose.... try upping it to the standard 1200 and see what happens after a week... you do need a minimum amount for weight loss or your body is in starvation mode....

If you are eating regularly, eating balanced, and making sure your nutrition needs are met (not calories, but Vitamins, Proteins, a little fat, etc.) then you won't always be too low to lose. I asked my doc if I was too low, and the previous sentence was what I was told.

I average 800 or so calories a day, I make sure it's balanced, and I make sure I get everything I need. The calories are average based on 4oz of food per meal, healthy, yada yada yada. I wasn't setting a low calorie goal, it's just the way it worked out for me.

Even at only 800 a day, I am losing very fast (at the moment, I realize it won't be like this forever), and I am not even really trying too hard yet. I am still supposed to be healing.

Edited by FeliciaLevy75

bandfan what exercises are you doing on the rebounder.I have one and don't know what to do with it.............

NY2LAGirl: right now I am jogging on the rebounder. I use my arms over my head to keep my heart rate up, or else I will either jog real fast for a short time or lift my knees real high. I will eventually add hand weights when I can no longer get my heart rate up where it needs to be.

For any of you looking for a great form of exercise, you should try the rebounder. If you "google" it you will see that it is an excellent form of exercise because it stimulates every cell in your body..... If you purchase a rebounder, GET A GOOD ONE!!!! You get what you pay for!!

The best one out there is made by Needak.....

Hey Bandfan....I am your fan....thanks for all the support!

OK...so, my port incision looked a bit oozie yesterday so I called the doc...had to go in today so they could look at it....They decided...yes they....that it was just healing SLOWLY...but not infected but just in case...put me on Cipro! I have taken cipro before for other infections and hopefully will NOT have a reaction to it like I did 2 weeks ago to the Augmenton sp?....

As for my outbreak of psoriasis...yes...it is in part due to the band...aka a foreign object being IN my body and my body switching on the immunity fighters becasue they do not like that something is in there...the doc said...it should calm down...as it is doing so now...and eventually be a distant memory...but what a hassle! Why does my body have to be so picky? Good thing I never got fake boobs because it would have most likely had the same reaction...So, in summary...I am to stay cool...relax...and let my body get over itself! OK...I live in AZ...stay cool means stay in the house! Sun and Heat aggrivate my condition....so, that is what I will do...read some books and veg!

Good thing I am a teacher and not at school right now! I am glad I waited for my surgery to be done after school...who'd would have thunk that I would have a reaction! LOL.....

Good news is I did loose more weight but Bad news is no fill on July 2nd as planned because my port will not be healed enough....oh well, in due time!

Amsderb: doctor's orders sound pretty nice!!! Although since I have gotten to know you, sitting still will not be an easy thing for you:wink2:.

I found a pair of pants today. I don't even remember when I got them but I am sure that they were in the back of my closet because they were too tight!! Good news is that they fit me very comfortably now!!! Also I am able to wear some shirts that used to NOT cover my huge protruding belly!!! It feels GREAT!!! :embaressed_smile:

:smile2: Isn't it fun to find treasures in your own closet...Just think, all year we will be doing this.....my closet has never been set up since moving into this house (we moved in 3 years ago and my husband did the closet! I decorated and unpacked everything else!)

So...I will just take this year to hunt and purge in there! Now, if only I could get rid of his stuff too, so that it was all my OWN closet! :w00t:

Congrats on the finds!...

OK, so I know I should be taking it easy and today I have been out all morning...oops :biggrin2: But, I will try and stay put now.....right. :w00t:

Take care everyone!:Angel_anim: Shelley the Itch