Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I can't believe it!!!!!! March 25th is the date

I too quit smoking (October 15, 2006) and gained 30+lbs. I have had a horrible time losing. It has taken me almost three months to lose the 5% the doctor said I had to lose before he would operate. I am being banded tomorrow morning and am freaking out just a little bit. It is true though, if you could quit smoking, you can do almost anything!

YAY!!! I am waiting for my surgery date and am excited and terrified at the same time. I have the crappiest job ever, but they have great insurance so I don't have to pay. Sorry for you. My surgeon estimated $30,000 so I never could have considered it otherwise. Good luck!

Hi Marcie!

Well, I think this place is a wonderful place for support. You can count on me!

OK, for the signature. Click on Weight Loss Tickler on my signature. It should pop up a new window on your computer. There are 5-6 pages of the bottom part of the tickler. Pick which "ruler" you want. (You click on the dot next to the one you like). Then at the bottom of the page there will be a button that "next step". Click on that button and there are 2 pages of the thing that goes on top of the ruler. (Mine is the ice cube looking thing). Then click on the button that says "next step". That brings up a page that asks you for details, like Weight units (pick pounds), starting weight, current weight and goal weight. Fill all those in. Then click next step. You will see your signature above and below are 2 boxes with a bunch of gibberish in them. Cut or copy the one that says bbCode (Use this for signature forums).

Now go to the lapband forum and on the left side of the page there is a "members area" click on the button that says "edit signature. On the top I put my consult date, high weight/goal weight and surgery date. You can type in there whatever you want. Then underneath that you paste the gibberish that you cut or copied. At the bottom there are two buttons, preview and save. If you want to see your signature first, hit preview, if you want to save it, hit save. It will show you your siganture.

Now, if that doesn't work, I can look up a better description on the forum. I just can't remember right now where I saw it.

I hope that helps!

Cameron - Congrats! That is wonderful. I have tried several types of the unjury and found it wasn't so bad. There are some great recipes in the recipe section. I really liked the hot chocolate. The unflavored stuff isn't so bad either. (I put it in crystal light)

Busywoman - Congrats! I know how you feel. I keep half expecting someone to tell me that I won't be able to have my surgery. I am so excited that sleeping is difficult! Time will fly by!

Pnut - Congrats on your date. We are so close. You are so bright to wait to buy a dress. I'm sure that you will be able to buy a smaller one that you would if you bought it now!

TxChelsey - I hope your date is soon! That is wonderful that your insurance will pay for this! It will be worth it to hold onto the crappy job until you have the surgery! Then you can do what you want!

We are all doing great and I know we will be smaller and healthier! YEAH US!

Need I say, "WOW". My insurance gave me so much grief about getting approved that I upped my type of insurance to a higher level so now they have to pay it all also. After all this is over I will lower my level to where I no longer have to pay to have a better insurance. They need to understand they are screwing with our lives and we are not negotable.

Wow busywoman, it is great that you can do that!

I'm excited today because I had my pre-op visit with the surgeon. I can't believe how close I am getting. We discussed some of my questions. I'm really happy!

Congrat to everyone!!! My surgery date is 3/26 @ Barix in Ohio. I am so excited and happy for everyone. I know this is a step in my life to a better and healthier lifestyle. They have me on a 1500 calorie diet and gave me samples of different Protein powders to try. Does anyone have a Protein Powder or shake that they love??

I was a self pay as well....same price...its worth it definately..I would do it all over again in a minute.....I feel so much better...already.... Good Luck to all of you..... It is a great life change...

I quit smoking 2 months before being banded..Its hard but it was the motivation to have this surgery performed and I have been smoke free over 7 months as well...Conquered to demons at once..Good Luck....you can do it...I smoked over 16 years....

Hopeinapril, Thanks so much for the detailed directions for the ticker-I think I have figured it out, will find out after I post this, lol. I am so hyped for all this and feel so ready for all the changes that are going to happen. I will be happy to share information and ideas with anyone who asks. Thanks again. Marcie

My surgery date is also on March 26. Good luck to you! My daughter used to live in Columbus and they are huge Buckeye fans. My very favorite drink is the HMR 800 chocolate shake. I buy them online from Health Management Resources. I took all the information about them to my nutritionist and she said they were fine.

Count me in for March as well. I am the 28th so I expect you all to get on here quickly and update us and me before surgery..... I start my liquid diet next weekend, already gave up the diet pepsi. Good luck to everyone.

HopeinApril, for the past 2 yrs. I have been carrying my husband on my insurance until he qualified for disability insurance. In January, when his insurance came through, instead of having the full amount returned to my check I upgraded my insurance. It only cost me around $30. per month but I believe it will be worth it in the long run. I can cancel it next January. Rarely do I have "smart moves" but that was one of them. :blink:

PA

That's my surgery date too! When do you start your fast?