Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling Inspirational Today!

Well, today is February 29th (Happy Leap Year!) and I think by now, all of us Victorious Valentines of 2008 have been banded (maybe there are a few just getting banded today!). Just think everyone - WE DID IT!:hurray: Some of us may have had a smoother recovery, but all of us have had those ups and downs. We are moving forward through them! I thank each and everyone of you that I've had the pleasure to chat with, for your insight, for sharing your stories, and just being there to cheer each other along the way.

Today I'm post-op day 8. I'm feeling pretty good. I'm reflecting back to the day I was discharged from the hospital - when my nurse was reading me my discharge instructions. She was embarrassed to read my diagnosis - Morbid Obesity. So I said it for her. That's what I am, that's what brought me to the hospital for this surgery. I'm not proud of it, but I'm not gonna feel ashamed of it either. I'm morbidly obese, but that's not all that I am! I'm a person with a whole lot more inside of me than what the outside shows. I got myself into this obese body, so it's up to me to get myself out. I've taken that first step into a new life . . . I have this wonderful thing called a lap-band. All of us here have taken this step, and I think we deserve to give ourselves applause. :biggrin::hurray::rant::confused:

Being 8 days out, I'm pleased with my progress. Today I got back on my treadmill and did a half mile in about 15 minutes. Now, that might not be very fast or long, I just wanted to take things easy with my incisions yet. But it was such a good feeling to be up and about like this. Eating less, and feeling full on smaller portions has also empowered me - for the first time in my life, I feel I'm the one in control of my food. Not the food and cravings controlling me. Don't get me wrong, I still have my cravings - but I have much more control over them. I am able to say NO. I have goals to reach in my life, and I'm just not going to let food stop me anymore.

8 post-op days of feeling great - I hope it continues. I haven't experienced a fill yet, I don't know how a pb feels yet, or if I'll have complications down the road - only God knows what lies in store for me. All I can say right now is that I'm feeling pretty good, and hope that the road ahead remains as smooth. If it doesn't, I know that I will have this forum to come back to, and all the wonderful people here who've been with me through this journey. I hope all of us "Double V's" continue to stick together through good times and bad - I know I need all of you! :smile:

:sad: Congratulations Victorious Valentines - we are BANDSTERS!:heart:

:lol:

I'm day Post Op Day 4.. I'm feeling alot better except for a nagging lower back ache that I delveloped last night, it went away and is back agan. I called Dr. K's office and I now just crushed up a Excedrine back and body and took two of them. I'm hoping its just becasue I have been slouching in my chair the last few days and I'm praying it has nothing to do with Kidney stones.

I'm reflecting back to the day I was discharged from the hospital - when my nurse was reading me my discharge instructions. She was embarrassed to read my diagnosis - Morbid Obesity. So I said it for her. That's what I am, that's what brought me to the hospital for this surgery. I'm not proud of it, but I'm not gonna feel ashamed of it either. I'm morbidly obese, but that's not all that I am! I'm a person with a whole lot more inside of me than what the outside shows. I got myself into this obese body, so it's up to me to get myself out. I've taken that first step into a new life . . . I have this wonderful thing called a lap-band. All of us here have taken this step, and I think we deserve to give ourselves applause
. :hurray::hurray::biggrin::confused:

You said all here...that is not all we are...

I'm happy to hear you are doing well.

Rhapsody♥ ,

You made me cry but these tears are joyous and long coming. It is about time that I am to say "I am Morbidly Obese but I wont be for long!" I needed a little inspiration today as I am in a ton of pain(lower back) but I will survive we all will.

Thank u Rhapsody Thank u :confused:

Awwww, warm (but Gentle!) hugs Taismommy! :huggie: I'm glad I was able to share a little inspiration! You're so sweet. I hope your back feels better soon . . . does a heating pad help at all? When I had some bad pain in my left shoulder, the heating pad was my best friend.

Warm and gentle hugs to you too Brenda! I hope the Excedrine has helped you. I'm wondering if back pain is a common referred pain after lap-band surgery? I read a lot of posts complaining of left shoulder pain, which I had.

Stay cozy and get lots of rest! May those pains leave soon.

:w00t:

Rhaps...you're just the sweetest little thing!! That's right....I said "little"...LOL!! What a great post!! I'm so glad you are doing so well. I know it's been tougher for some than others, but we all DID IT!!:w00t: We should be so proud of ourselves!! It takes a lot of strength and courage to decide to go thru a surgery. It takes committment and discipline to make such a huge life change. And we ALL DID IT:party:It's so powerful to have the support of this group. There will be good days and bad days, but at least we have each other to share our frustrations and Celebrate our victories :huggie:. I've faced challenges now that I'm on solid foods. There have been temptations but I have come to terms with the fact that junk food ain't going anywhere so I just have to deal with it!! And I am!! I am learning about self-worth and I remind myself that I'm WORTHY of health and well being. I'm empowered by turning my nose to pizza and hamburgers (which I did several times over the last week) I'm encouraged by the changes I see in my body. I am learning to not define myself by that damn number on the scale. I am for once in my life striving for balance that I know exists. I am SO grateful for everyone here and I am SO grateful to know I've got a place to come when I feel overwhelmed. It's very powerful stuff!! Thank you Rhaps for being a wonderful inspiration. You're a total doll. Any hey...you've coined the Double V Anthem...JUST KEEP SWIMMING!!

Big hugs to all of you!!

Amy

Rhaps...you're just the sweetest little thing!! That's right....I said "little"...LOL!!

Awwwww, gosh (feels suddenly shy) :w00t: you're so nice Amy! I feel so old and fat somedays . . . calling me a sweet little thing really gave me a smile! Thank-you so much :tongue:

What a great post!! I'm so glad you are doing so well. I know it's been tougher for some than others, but we all DID IT!!:huggie: We should be so proud of ourselves!! It takes a lot of strength and courage to decide to go thru a surgery. It takes committment and discipline to make such a huge life change. And we ALL DID IT:party:It's so powerful to have the support of this group. There will be good days and bad days, but at least we have each other to share our frustrations and Celebrate our victories :cheers2:. I've faced challenges now that I'm on solid foods. There have been temptations but I have come to terms with the fact that junk food ain't going anywhere so I just have to deal with it!! And I am!! I am learning about self-worth and I remind myself that I'm WORTHY of health and well being. I'm empowered by turning my nose to pizza and hamburgers (which I did several times over the last week) I'm encouraged by the changes I see in my body. I am learning to not define myself by that damn number on the scale. I am for once in my life striving for balance that I know exists. I am SO grateful for everyone here and I am SO grateful to know I've got a place to come when I feel overwhelmed. It's very powerful stuff!! Thank you Rhaps for being a wonderful inspiration. You're a total doll. Any hey...you've coined the Double V Anthem...JUST KEEP SWIMMING!!

Big hugs to all of you!!

Amy

That's a great post too Amy! I know what you mean by having to turn your nose away from pizza and other good foods . . . my (skinny-and-never-gains-a-pound-no-matter-what-he-eats, ARRRGH ) loving hubby and my growing-into-adolescence son still gotta eat, and I havta resist a lot. Hubby was eating hot dogs the other day (yes I'm sad, I like hot dogs lol), on soft Buns with all the good toppings . . . and I was still on full liquids. I had to turn away! Oy that hurt. But like you say, it does empower you! Each time we say no, it does get easier. And makes you feel so good! :smile:

Thanks again for your kind words Amy *warm hugs* you've given me a big smile and a happy tear in my eye. I'm thrilled if I helped anyone - you've helped me so much!

Just Keep Swimming - and don't forget, Life Is Better With The Band! :smile:

Warm Hugs all :wub:

What an inspirational post! Thanks! I'm glad to see someone else banded around the same time as me and doing so well!! Thanks for sharing and motivating others!