Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm looking forward to.....

........tying my shoes with ease

........buying clothes without an X on the size tag

........crossing my legs

........sitting on the floor....and not worrying about looking like a floundering walrus getting back up.

........playing tennis

........not being winded after a flight of stairs

........feeling prettier

.......giving up HBP and other medications

.......eating to LIVE rather than living to EAT!

How about you?

YEP!! Most of those, I am not bothered about Tennis and luckily am not on any medications! But I can not wait to..

.........shop anywhere I like

.........show my arms off rather than cover them up in the summer because of the size and horrid shape (think that will need more surgery!!)

.........run a race

.........not feel self concious in a room thinkng they are all staring at how big I am

.........be more adventurous in the bedroom!!:smile2:

...not being the "fat lady" in the room that every1 stares at.

...not sweating like a stuck pig even when its cool in the room.

...no more diabetes raw spots on my skin

...ppl not discriminating against me because of the way I look.

...no more meds

...my daughter not coming home from school crying from kids making "your mommas so fat" jokes.

...my son not feeling like he has to get into arguments trying to defend me from other kids.

...getting a good nights sleep without snoring

...exercise without pain

...not having to worry about going out on dates afraid that he is ashamed to be seen with me.

...shopping for womens or juniors sizes not plus sizes

...not being tired all the time

...running around at a park w/ my kids not sitting watching

...so many more things that could keep me typing all night long

....walking without my thighs rubbing together

....going up the stairs without panting like a dog (or an obscene caller)

....not being the biggest "mom" at parties and feeling self concious

....being able to keep up with my terrors (5,4,2)

....not sweating like a pig 24/7 (darn fat is hot)

....being able to shop in a "normal store"

....being able to buy something (other than lotion/makeup) at Victoria Secrets

....Not being compared to the blueberry girl on Willy Wonka, having my butt fit on a toilet seat and getting rid of the rolls on me knees (which according to my 5 y.o. is gross) - I might mention all items were pointed out by a 5 yo

OHHH.....and not being afraid of beauty salon chairs (crap will I fit) or the "thingys" you go through at events (please dont let me get stuck)

I am sure I will think of more later....must pretend to work now though :smile2:

Amanda

OMG - so many of the ones already listed. I also add:

--being able to sit in the tub without my butt touching BOTH sides

--my son can put his arms all the way around me

--wearing non stretch jeans

--wearing a wool skirt

--being able to shop in Victoria Secret

--going on an airplane without worrying if I can put the seatrest down between me and the stranger next to me

--going to amusement parks and riding the rides

--looking cute men in the eyes

--sitting in the waiting room at the doctor's office without worrying if I'll fit in the chair

I'm sure I can think of more!!

Great thread! Here are some of my own -

--fitting into the desks at my college and not having to arrive 20 minutes early in an attempt to get the one desk made for larger people

--feeling comfortable in the movie theater seats and not having the concession counter girls just add butter to my small popcorn because they figure I am fat and of course I want butter (I hate butter on my popcorn)

--Shopping in normal stores and not having to dress like I am 45 (no offense, but I am 24 and want to dress accordingly)

-- not wondering if the table at the booth has been pushed farther onto my side, because it seems like a tight fit, and then realize that no it has not, I am just to big!

--To not have the nurse at my doctor's office say "uh oh, here is the worst part" when I am about to step onto the scale

-- to never hear my boyfriend (or any other man) make a comment about my weight again, to ask me if I really should be eating that or suggest abandoning me in the forest for a few months so I would be forced to starve myself skinny.

--Shopping at normal stores and lingerie to be a fun possibility. And to be comfortable wearing it in front of someone.. which will also lead to having great sex again

--not being the fat mommy and to be able to play with my daughter the way she wants me to

--getting flirted with by men

-- not having to use the handicap bathroom stall because the others are such a tight fit

--never getting stuck in my lawn chair again

I could go on for forever. Mostly, to be treated like a normal human being and not seen as disgusting or freakish because I am bigger!!

What a great thread...

- not dreading summer and the little, young things in their shorts and tank tops

- going swimming without a tshirt

- not being afraid of fire when I wear corderoy pants! (someone else must get that one!)

-having a man look at me in THAT way- just a stranger just for a second - it has been soooo long - I would never act on it, but oh, it would be nice to feel desirable

- having less pain!

:rolleyes2:

No more chub-rub I love skirts but not when it causes burns on my inner thighs.

Not wearing sweat pants or some other variation of non buttoning elastic wasted pants with a t shirt becasue I can't offerd to keep up with my weight gain and my clothes anymore.

Being able to see my hoo ha without a mirror because my stomach is in the way.

Not having my bra underwire either pop out on every bra or poke into my arm fat and hurt me all day.

To walk straight for a long time without my lower back tensing up and taking my breath away.

To have predictable regular periods.

To not feel so bitter when i go to the beach or the bar or anywhere and see thin girls, I'm a nice person but i'm so jelous of thin girls that can wear whatever they want I think awful thoughts about them. It's so hypocritical.

To feel comfortable being me and not so self conciece of what others may or may not think of me becasue i'm the short fat girl.

To fit into my old express size 12 jeans

excellent thread everyone

-to be the soccer player i've always wanted to be

-to be able to shop in regular stores (like everyone else on here :rolleyes:

-to be able to have less pain when I work out or do things

-to try all the activities in life that I've not done because of weight limits.

But most of all, to be the healthiest me that I can be!

- to fit in a theater seat comfortably and not lift up the arm on one side

- to not have to test drive 30 cars trying to find a seat that fits a fat lady before finding a new car to buy (btw, I got a nissan sentra.. fits a 300 pound chick with a huge rear great!)

- to not have my friends scared to say the word "fat" around me as if I will get so offended I would leave.. you know.. when people start to tell a fat joke or say "this fat lady ____" they'll be like "ff" and then they just won't say the word because you are fat and they don't want to offend you. They also can't say words like "lard ass", "huge", or "big butt".

- to be able to roll over in bed all at once and not in segments.. butt first then top part

- to sit comfortably in a booth and not have the table dig into my belly

Mine is simple and likely encompasses all of the other great "I can't wait to" entries above.

...show the rest of the world the tremendous amount of respect I have for myself by taking better care of ME day to day

But, so I don't seem too mushy, I would also add

...sitting in those tiny plastic patio chairs seemingly made for second graders without fearing it will simply collapse beneath me, not to mention the spill of hip and thigh through the sides of these marvels of comfort

...three words - ergonomically designed chairs - they have infiltrated my office. Again, I am not sure who hires second graders, but these are surely made for them

...not having to pay in excess of $150 for a custom made bathing suit

...finally, sleeping naked again without feeling parts of me touching that just really shouldn't be

....wearing regular size shoes and not wide widths

....crossing my legs

....feeling comfortable enough to start dating

....playing basketball and tennis

....letting loose instead of always being self-conscious

....going to the beach or Water park and looking great in my bathing suit

....getting really dressed up and going out for the 1st time at goal weight

....shopping at regular size clothing stores

....having guys that never gave me a second look all of a sudden pay attention to me

....felling better about myself and having more energy

....feeling attractive and not just "pretty, for a big girl"

........having people say I am "pretty" instead of I have such a "pretty face"

........fitting into one bus seat without squooshing the person next to me or having to sit half off the seat into the aisle

........going to my college reunion and making everyone jealous

........fitting into the same size I was from freshman year

........not having to cut the labels out of my clothes because I am ashamed of people seeing my size 24 size tag

........going clothes shopping anywhere I want and not just the plus size stores/sections

........wearing cute trendy clothing that I love but am afraid to wear because it is not slimming

.......living a healthy life

.......having people see me for ME rather than seeing an overweight person and not really caring about the rest of me

........being confident in dating; not worrying that I am too fat and the guy is not going to like me

........exersising outside with my dogs

........not trying to hide my behind with jackets, cardigans or oversize things