Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm glad I'm not alone either.

I have 130 lbs to lose (my personal goal), the doctor said 110. But I would LOVE to be 170 if possible.

So far I've been banded 6 weeks and I'm down 22lbs, which feel great ;)

I get my first fill on Wednesday, I'm exicted/nervous. I definitely could use some more restriction though. My weight loss has stalled a bit.

I am nearing my banaversary! 85 pounds down! I feel soooo much better! I look a lot better too! I have changed my life.

Went to see my surgeon today. Things are going well. I haven't had a fill since March. Lost 9 pounds last month! I am down 102 from my highest! I cannot believe that I have lost that much! I have a lot more energy. I can really notice the increase in that department. I am wearing a size 12 pants! I hope to be in a size 10 next month!

I have increased my exercising. I have started taking horse back riding lessons again. I need to work on my strength but so far it is a dream! I love riding horses again! I have also bought a bosu ball and some inline skates. I am on the move!!!

10 months out and I'm down 100 lbs which i didn't think would happen for a year, so i am very happy with my band and myself for working out consistently. I now feel that I can reach my goal by the end of 2 years. gigi

ColoradoChick, Thanks for adding to this thread as you went along. What a change you've made in 13 months! I'm 5'2" and was banded just three days ago on June 4th. My highest weight was 285, and I am looking to lose 150 lbs. I'm a few years older than you (46). I know you're not me and I'm not you, but with so many variables being similar, your story gives me a tremendous amount of hope (even your post in November when things weren't going so well--I will remember you when I go through my own version of November). I haven't been 135 lbs in 19 years! Good god but I hope my skin mostly snaps back.

ColoradoChick, Thanks for adding to this thread as you went along. What a change you've made in 13 months! I'm 5'2" and was banded just three days ago on June 4th. My highest weight was 285, and I am looking to lose 150 lbs. I'm a few years older than you (46). I know you're not me and I'm not you, but with so many variables being similar, your story gives me a tremendous amount of hope (even your post in November when things weren't going so well--I will remember you when I go through my own version of November). I haven't been 135 lbs in 19 years! Good god but I hope my skin mostly snaps back.

Hi Willowcat!

I see you are in Colorado Springs!! That is where I lived for 18 years! I miss the Springs sooo much!!

Congrats on your recent surgery! Time will fly and soon you will be where I am! My size 12's are a little baggy this morning! Yay! I cannot believe I am in a size 12 and now it looks like I can move to a size 10 soon! I still have quite a bit to lose but I am getting there. Keep as active as you can - do things you love! I am dancing and riding horses as much as humanly possible! hahaha

If you are on Facebook send me a request! I do not make my band public but I do post about my crazy silly life! :)

10 months out and I'm down 100 lbs which i didn't think would happen for a year, so i am very happy with my band and myself for working out consistently. I now feel that I can reach my goal by the end of 2 years. gigi

Yay Gigi!! Doesnt it feel so good??!!?? I cannot beleive how I moved around with that extra 100 pounds!!

I see you are from Brooklyn! One of my goals is to go the NYC! I was there once for a show at the Radio City Music Hall. THe show was great but I would love to spend more time getting to know the city.

Hi i am in the same boat as you are, surgury next month start out weight 260 and 5 foot 3

Hey Tammy!

Good luck with your surgery! You will be skinny before you know it! :smile2:

Just exercise! Find something you love to do that gets your body movin!!! :)

hey

let me tell you first u r such an true inspiration. i am 2 weeks postop and i also need to loose around a 130lbs. Although i was a bit upset of my weighloss for the last couple of dayz as the scale not moving at all,but after reading your blog i find hope. i m going to see my doc tomorrow for my staples to come out. did you walk a lot during this time?

annyways.

good luck.

hey

let me tell you first u r such an true inspiration. i am 2 weeks postop and i also need to loose around a 130lbs. Although i was a bit upset of my weighloss for the last couple of dayz as the scale not moving at all,but after reading your blog i find hope. i m going to see my doc tomorrow for my staples to come out. did you walk a lot during this time?

annyways.

good luck.

Awww, thank you! That is nice to hear that my journey may help someone else!

In the beginning where you are please do not focus on losing right away - focus on letting your surgery sites heal. This is your main function during the first 6 weeks or so. You will lose the weight - just make the best food choices and the most important part is get moving. This has been the key for me! Hang in there and hope to see less of you this time next year! :rolleyes2:

I pretty much have the same amount to lose as you do right NOW, after I've lost a little bit. My boyfriend says its too much to lose and I know I'm never meant to be a very skinny person [and to be honest, I'd look like a lollipop because I have a pretty big head!]

He thinks my goal should be no more than another 30 or so.

HA! Yeah right...... :rolleyes2:

I pretty much have the same amount to lose as you do right NOW, after I've lost a little bit. My boyfriend says its too much to lose and I know I'm never meant to be a very skinny person [and to be honest, I'd look like a lollipop because I have a pretty big head!]

He thinks my goal should be no more than another 30 or so.

HA! Yeah right...... :thumbup:

You gotta lose what you feel comfortable with - I still have to lose about 44 pounds. My husband also thinks that will be to much but it is still my goal. I just want to be a skinny bitch! hahahaha

I just posted a pic in my in progress album with a face shot of me July 7, 2007 and one from last week. WOW!! I do not recognize myself!

Also - I have guys flirting with me now and to tell you the truth - I LOVE IT!!! :thumbup:

I have been at a stall for a few months now. I need to up the exercise! I go through spurts of no/low motivation. I joined a gym closer to my house so hopefully I can kick my self in the rear to get going again! :smile2: