Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else at a standstill??

This is a repost with slight mod for this topic from me:

So.. This past week n' half I been working out every morning and just recently purchased bodybugg.

story:

After taking couple days and filling up the website on the food I eat during the day.. I was watching the cal I eat but I didnt log the whole day and also seeing how much cal I get..... Like eatting or drinking something it say 1 serving but the whole can or bottle is actually 2 or 2.5 serving =O that stuff just add up quick.

Plus I been kinda lucky with google and finding records of food nutrient when they not available on website but I like to add a additional 50-80 cal ontop of what they say.

So on days with workout and my 2 jobs, im burning more then 3.8k cal and eatting 1.2k-1.3k day...oh and 12k walking steps. If I only work 1 job and no workout..... 2.2k burn and 1.2k-1.3k cal and 7-8k steps = slow weight lost.

Guess that mean I should keep up the working out everyday (been about 1 1/2 week so far) and I cant wait till March 5th when Pool open at gym and March 4th for second fill =P

My plateau is 1 to 3 pounds up and down for two to three weeks at a time and then I drop another 2 pounds and then repeat the plateau again. It is disappointing but I am learning to live with it. Banded in December and have lost 38 pounds. I try to remember that it took "how many years" to put it on, let it come off slowly, but that gets hard at times.

Oh, my gosh!! I'm so glad I logged on today!

I'm having the same problem. We have about the same starting weight and about the same amount to lose. I've been hungry too - between meals and I really feel that I can eat almost as much as I did before.

I've been writing down everything I eat. I'm aiming for 1200-1400 calories a day and doing an hour of cardio 4 -5 days per week. The scale hasn't budged in close to 3 weeks!! I'm stuck at 24 pounds.

I'm going for my 4th fill tomorrow. Hopefully this will give me the additional restriction I need.

Help i fell off the wagon or turnip truck .

easter was my turning point that first cadbury egg and now spinning out of control .

eating way to much seems like have no restrickions lost 78 lbs since

12-26-07 did well i felt, but now the sugar cravings , mental troubles

hate it when people say how good i look was great at first but now

hate it .

not sure why hateing it maybe thinking was i so bad looking before, or fear of failing.

some ways wishing could quit losing so people will quit saying things.

Hey Mr. James . .. hang in there . . . I got depressed for awhile . . . and had to slap myself in the face and start all over again . . . you can do this . . .you've already PROVEN you CAN do it . . . just start tomorrow as a new day and go for it!

Chris

I feel your pain. I've been stuck since Mid February. I blame it on working nights and eating too much. Yes, I've been depressed. I expected the weight to keep falling off at 10 pounds a month. Was I wrong!! I'm resolved to do better and push away the sweets. Only one more week of nights. I hope that helps alot.

Best of luck to all of us in this boat.

Mr. James. Sugar is a demon. We crave it. We need it. Our heads LOVE it. It is like an addiction....we can't have just one. I understand completely.

Remember the pre-op diet when we had NO CARBS except the shakes. The first couple of days were hell....and then it just sort of eased. The need for carbs, aka sugar, went away a bit....but just like a junky, it only takes on sugar HIT to get us back to dependance. It will take 2 - 5 days of cold turkey to "detox" your body but you can do it.

Carbs are also a HUGE hunger stimulant for me. If I don't have the carbs I am nowhere near as hungry and eat much less and am satisfied.

You can do this. And the not being happy about people saying you look great may be because you KNOW in your heart how "bad" you are being. It's like being complemented on a paper you wrote really well when you stole it off the internet. Thanks, but if you only knew.... When you get back on track those compliments will make you feel better. It will be motivation to keep going. You probably do look awesome and they just don't know the guilt you are carrying around.

Take a deep breath and get ready for detox. The sooner you start no carbing it the sooner you will feel better about the choices you are making. A depressed bandster can not be a successful one! We want you on the success end of things.

Good luck!!!

Wow lady! Thanks! I needed that too. I'm already thinking just Protein Drinks because I got stuck on Yogurt today . . . how the HECK can that happen? Anyway . . . I think I need to do the detox thing too . . . thanks for the boost!

Chris,

Sugar is so addicting. The minute I put it in my mouth my day is blown to hell and back. If I can resist starting I'm happier, I'm less hungry, and I'm more in control. I have been allowing myself to slide a bit the last couple of days because I've been STARVING. They took out some of my fill my last appointment and since my swelling has gone down I've been dying to eat. And then the stress I've been under and the sugar demons really attack!

Fill on Monday and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some assistance to this willpower that seems to be drooping lately.

Why is it that we know the answers and can give the advice to others but then have such a hard time following it ourselves? Or maybe that is just me. I don't know!

Have a great weekend.

Stephanie... thanks for the great post! I have been battling the sugar demons as well... and it really does amaze me to see how much they make me feel like sh--!

Of course, it does not stop me from having those days. I think, oh.. one chocolate covered pretzel won't hurt. Next thing I know.. I ate the whole bag over the course of the day.

It is just like a drug addiction. Its so hard. I am doing good. But I could be doing great. I still love my carbs!