Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else at a standstill??

Ok... I have hit my first plataeu. I have been the same weight for almost 2 weeks now.

I've got about 36lbs gone and shouldn't complain... but I have to do something to get the scale moving again!

I have noticed that I am snacking way more these days and I am enjoying chocolate now and again. These are old bad habits trying to return!!!!

How do I get the strength back???

I feel pretty good about my fill level... maybe I might need one more to get it right.

Still working out faithfully each week!!!

food is certainly my problem. I want all the bad stuff!!!

Thanks for listening to me vent... :)

I was at a stand still for couple weeks also... I know this is normal and most of us seem to expect each week the weight to drop off and then we soon find out that not the truth.... Just take it slow

I stay away from chocolates and other sweets but if I really want them then I try to go with sugarfree stuff... even though most of them taste funny =P

Atleast you are arent gaining all the weight back and keeping it controled. Even though we have this band inside... people have gained back some or even all the weight back.. so becareful on remind yourself its just a tool to help and you yourself is in control and if you loose control you will gain it back.

lol anyways... good luck

HI LADIES

I WAS AT A STANDSTILL LAST WEEK AND I ALSO HAD SOME CHOCLATES FOR VALENTINES AND THEN SOME WAFERS-BAD- I GOT BACK ON TRACK AND LOST ONE PD SO IT DOES HAPPEN,MY DR REMINDED ME TODAY THIS IS A MARATHON NOT A SPRINT BUT I AM WORKING SO HARD I WANT TO SEE 3-4PDS A WEEK WHICH I KNOW IS ABOVE AVERAGE BUT AT LEAST 10PDS /MONTH . I WAS BANDED 11/27-07 AND HAVE LOST 45LBS WITH 15 PRIOR TO SURG AND 30 AFTER,I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO GET TO 150PDS MY GOAL AND MAINTAIN THIS CAN BE STRESSFUL.PEOPLE DO NOT REALIZE HOW BLESSED THEY ARE TO BE NORM WEIGHT AND EAT LIKE THEY WANT. IT IS TRUELY A GIFT FROM GOD.

I am at a standstill and have been for about a month now. I am jumpping arround the same damn 10 lbs up down up down grrr I am sick of this.

I am working out like crazy you would think with that and the eatting less I would be losing weight. ugg this is still hard and frustrating

After about 3 really frustrating weeks, I've really focused on making sure I'm taking in enough Protein and Water. Believe it or not, cutting BACK on my 1.5 hours of exercise daily has helped--even if I was building muscle...it didn't make me feel better on the scale! I also suggest making sure you're consuming your low fat dairy. I just read a Dutch study that showed participants excreted (yes, they measure FAT in your poop!) more fat when they consumed 2-3 servings of low fat dairy daily. They hypothesized that the Calcium somehow attaches itself to fat and forces your body to excrete more.....hey..at this point, I'll try ANYTHING!

Something else to consider...I've found cravings are caused by not having enough of something. Be sure your diet is balanced and that it's not a psychological or hormonal thing. Don't keep that stuff in your house. If you have to go to an effort to get chocolate, you'll be less likely to eat it! Also, when was your last fill? I'm going for my second fill on Monday and can't wait....

When I start eating more and WANTING to eat more, I go for a fill. It seems my weight loss gets a "kick" from the liquid - mushy diet for a day or two after the fill...and each fill gives me just a very small improvement in restriction. I have had 3 fills so far and have 5 cc in my 12 cc band. I can tell I will need another one in a week or two. I can eat anything, have never barfed, and get full on probably 3/4 cup.

Be careful what you hope for...I, too, very rarely feel restriction; however, something about chicken or turkey just doesn't seem to sit right for me and I puked for the first time the other night. Even the squash and mashed potatoes were a no go after that!!! I currently have 4 cc's (I think...) in maybe a 10 cc band....

Well... I just spent 214$ to help me better monitor myself. I'm hoping this will give me a better idea of how much cal im losing and taking in.

It seems alota people use Bodybugg and swear by it so I guess I can give it a try... and if it dont work then I guess I can always EBAY it ;p

Count your calories .

My gym girl told me to exercise differently to get over a plateau. She said to do one lap faster then my normal speed and then 2 normal speed laps , then one lap faster , then two normal. It got me over a month plateau in 3 days.

edie

Great advice everyone!!! Glad to know its not just me. I have changed my excersise routine over the past couple days and sure enough, the scale was down a couple more pounds today thank god! I am also back on track with stopping the snack attacks!!! I think that was PMS getting the best of me!!! LOL

Im with you guys.Sitting on the same weight for last couple of weeks.

I also havent been the best girl the last two weeks.

Starting monday.Gotta to go back to eating right and hitting th gym more!

Congrats on everyones weight loss!!

Jennifer

I am really sick of the 340's I want the 330's now. I have been eatting healthy. I want to go down now. I am even working out like crazy!

ahhhk

Thanks Jack, I keep forgetting that I need to be patient and keep working out. I am just tired of the same numbers. I want them to go down. grrr

I dont know what I would do if I had the same numbers for that long I would like to think I would stay strong and work out and eat healthy...but I dont think I would...I would probably be a baby and cry and wine about it..I mean come on It has been a month for me now and I am wining about it...still working out like crazy though.

Hang in there Cerrin . . . you KNOW if you do the right stuff, it HAS to start moving at some point . . . I've had a slow month too . . . but I have to believe it will start moving more soon! I even took my 3 month pics this weekend . . . and couldn't see a difference at all . . .so I didn't post them - but I have them!

I havent taken any after pictures. I am kinda scared that If I take them I wont see any difference. and That scares the bejesus out of me. I am thankfuly in a size 28 jeans but I worry that it is a fluke I fit into them.

How do you find out how many calories your body needs to lose weight?