Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone else do their own fills?

What is that saying.... someone who represents themself in court has a fool for a client.....

same goes with medicine.... there was a saying but I can't remember it.

Where in Ontario do you live? There is a fillcenterUSA in Troy MI which is only a few miles north of Windsor.

I live in haliburton, It's about 3hours north of toronto.Toronto and surrounding would work.Detroit is about 8hrs, but if I have to Iwill go there.

thanks

I think it's that a Doctor who treats himself has a fool for a patient.

Kat, your SIL is unbelievable... wow... that just seems so dangerous to me. Also, I think the port is really only 'self healing' for so many sticks... she's gonna end up with a leak too if she's not careful.

I think her problems will be serious long before she has leaking as her #1 issue....which is terrible. I mean we do not always see eye to eye, but she is my DH's sister, I don't want anything to happen to her!

I worry---then I think about it and it ticks me off, it will go down as a band statistic---unfairly!

But what can you do????

Kat

i would never think of doing it. What if you put in too much? OMI. There are some things that should NEVER be done on one's self...a fill is one of them.

for whom ever does the fill my doc emphasizes the use of NON_CORING needles. i don't know if chemo port needles are non coring or not.

if any of my doc's pt's are traveling somewhere he sends a non coring needle with them just in case they need medical attention that could involve the band. standard needles can result in the port becoming fragile and failing/leaking

for what it's worth

amanda

no self-fills for me. got banded yesterday....I feel great, compared to my emergency c-section this was a papercut. i was shown the lap band port & i dont want to risk damaging it. the plastic on around the port can be easily mistaken for the port itself. the whole port itself is small and for once i need to stop thinking like a nurse & be a good little patient. Plus, the husband & I spent way too much money to screw up the bandover me being frugal. just not worth it.

Ok, its been two days since my surgery and i think I did a little too much mexican sightseeing. I should have kept my butt in bed resting. the gas pains are no fun, and coughing really hurts, but the worst is that the pain meds that need to be chewed or dropped under my tongue taste so bad that i`d rather deal with the pain than taste that filth. at least the long plane ride will force me to stay put. not looking forward to work in three days.

There's a product called New Whey that has 42 grams of protein... I use this with that terrible tasting med you need to open the capsule and pour into about a tablespoon of it. kills that horrible taste.. this medicine was /is for prevention of Gall stones.

Hi OLGI330

I see you just went to Dr. Rumbout. I am going April 1. How was it? Any tips on the flight back or I would love to hear from a fellow patient of your experience.

Desiree

Bunkey,

Just take it easy and rest up at the airport whenever you can. I got a bit nauseated on the flight home, but I just tried to sip Water and relax. :drool:

Hi OLGI330

I see you just went to Dr. Rumbout. I am going April 1. How was it? Any tips on the flight back or I would love to hear from a fellow patient of your experience.

Desiree

I was very happy w/the experience. My mom who is also a nurse was also pleasantly surprised at how well-organized everything was. every person involved was informative & willing to listen, the nutritionist took her time explaining everything clearly. PLEASE Take the nasty-tasing pain medecine they give you. I put it off and regretted it later. For the flight back carry your liquid antibiotic in your ziploc baggie and the script you get in the surgeon's office so as airport personel are rummaging through your carry-on luggage they don't force you to leave it behind because of these liquid restrictions we have now. The guy who checked my bag even let me carry in my yogurt drink that was 6 ounces and not in a baggie when I told him I had surgery w/strict dietary restrictions and could not consume any of the Snacks given to me in the flight. I've been told I was very lucky with that one. Enjoy, sight see but not too much, like I did, you'll pay for it later.