Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Info on Dr. Charles Morton in Nashville TN

I hope to have my surgery in June or July using Dr. Charles Morton at Baptist Hospital in Nashville TN. Would appreciate hearing from others who have had their surgery performed by him.

Thanks

I have only heard good things about him. I am still going through my 6 months of "dieting". Friday is my last appointment. I've already taken the pysch test now just have to wait for the insurance. I'm praying. Good luck.

How did your appointment go on Friday? Did you see Dr. Morton? What is your next step and do you have a schedule for your surgery yet?

You mentioned a six month "diet". Did you go on a strict diet during that time? Sorry for all the questions but I want to learn all I can.

Barbara

I went to Dr. Morton's office (Southern Hills at that time) in October. My insurance company denied lapband and said I needed to see my primary care physician for 6 months and get a physch test first. Dr. Morton's office warned me of this so I started right away. The physch test went fine. My last "weigh in" was Friday. I have actually gained weight since I started because I also quit smoking. It didn't make much sense to lose the weight to live longer but continue to smoke. I hope gaining the weight does not give the insurance company a reason to deny me. So now I wait for the insurance company to decide. Hopefully they tell me right away, I'm eager to get this started.

I have not heard from anyone but I am wondering if Dr. Morton has you go on a diet before the procedure or anything like a liquid diet before.

Denise

:thumbup:I LLLOOOVVVEEEEE Dr. Morton i was banded by him 3/4 last week and i feel great. Ofcourse i had surgery, but i felt totally prepared. I just hope this thing works for me. I obviously have NO will power to go this route. I have a check up and my first fill in two weeks. Hope you guys see him soon.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I look forward to meeting each of you at Dr. Morton's Lapband support group. I'm going to try and make it to the April meeting. Would like to go this month but already had something planned. I'm hoping by going before my surgery it will help me get prepared.

Barbara

I am going to meet Dr.Morton on 4/1/2008 surgery is set for 4/15/2008 his office has been great getting everything approved with the insurance company

Brock good luck with everything. Let me know if Dr. Morton has you do a liquid diet before you have surgery or anything else he has you do.

Baboo when is the support group held?

Denise

Niecey, the support group meets the 2nd Thursday of each month at Dr. Morton's office at 6:00pm. This group is for people who have already had their surgery. I'm hoping to learn a lot and get encouragement from this group.

Brock, contrats on having a date for your surgery. I didn't know they would set a date before you saw Dr. Morton. My insurance requires that I see my PCP for six months before I can have the surgery. My last visit will be the first of June. I'm hoping to see Dr. Morton soon after that and have my surgery two weeks after meeting him.

If either or both of you are going to the support group next Thursday let me know. I would love to meet you in person.

Barbara

Niecey, the support group meets the 2nd Thursday of each month at Dr. Morton's office at 6:00pm. This group is for people who have already had their surgery. I'm hoping to learn a lot and get encouragement from this group.

Brock, contrats on having a date for your surgery. I didn't know they would set a date before you saw Dr. Morton. My insurance requires that I see my PCP for six months before I can have the surgery. My last visit will be the first of June. I'm hoping to see Dr. Morton soon after that and have my surgery two weeks after meeting him.

If either or both of you are going to the support group next Thursday let me know. I would love to meet you in person.

Barbara

Hi everyone. I just moved to Nashville from Kansas City,MO. and I have had my band for 1 year. I was wondering If Dr. Morton would see me for maintance check-ups and fills. Thanks alot...Crice

Amy called today. My insurance will still take 6-8 weeks for the final decision. How frustrating. So hopefully I will know by the end of April. She said if I get approval they immediately set a surgery date and I come in and find out what all I need to do. One thing being a 2 week pre-op diet of 2 Protein Drinks and 1 frozen meal. What is a frozen meal? I'm scared to death because I cannot imagine only eating 2 drinks and a snack per day. If I could do that I wouldn't be fat to begin with. Oh well I will just have to pysch myself up.