Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Lap Band friends,

My name is Janet and I had my lap-band done on Nov.14th. I've lost 25lbs. My surgeon is Dr. Goldstein in Marlton, NJ. He makes you have a barium swallow as you are getting a fill. Last time it took 4 weeks (from an office visit)to get a fill. It wasn't a good time for me. I was starting to get back into my old habits. I was able to eat everything! Nothing made me ill or vomit. I think I might have expanded my pouch! After the fill I was OK for about two weeks but I'm back to my old habits. I see my surgeon again on March 7th and will schedule another fill. I've started back to my support meetings but could use some help at home also. I need a lap-band buddy. Anyone interested? Or has anyone else had the same problem of being able to eat anything? I hope someone can help me.

Thank you and God Bless... Janet ;)

Hi Janet and welcome to LBT! What you are experiencing is not unusual at all. It usually takes several fills until you reach your "sweet spot". Until you do, it is possible to stop losing or even gain a bit. It can be very frustrating, but once you hit your sweet spot and the weight starts coming off, you will love your band.

I am always available if you need to chat. I am on Facebook and my IM and email are in my profile.

You came to the right place, you will find "rooms" aka threads full of buddies!!!

This is an awesome site, for information, and support both.

Anytime you want someone to chat with one on one, you just let me know!!!

In the meantime, look around, respond to other people's posts that interest you--learn how the site works--and you will be surprised at the sudden influx of band buddies you have!!!!

I agree with Susan, the way you are reacting with your band is perfectly normal, sounds like it is just time for your next fill/adjustment.

Welcome to LBT---I look forward to following your progress and getting to know you!

Kat

Hi Janet, welcome to LBT. Come join us other November 2007 bandsters... November 07 Bandsters. That way you can keep track with people who were banded at the same time and are pretty much at the same stage as you.

Welcome To Lbt...janet And Texasgal....this Is A Great Site...lots Of People With Lots Of Info....please Join In And Start Posting...you Will Be Very Welcome Here...

I would like to be your buddy, I was banded 9-7-07 and feel the same way, like I can eat anything as long as I CHEW real good, different than what I thought it was going to be like, well let me know, I live in Ceres CA Hoep to hear from you soon, as I just fond this wensite several months after being banded..............

Hi Janet~~ this is tammy, I replied to your request for a buddy sometime ago and I tried to respond but I was sending from my other computer and it never went thru......and i didnt realize it until now so anywasy sorry for the delay in response. I agree with you, right after surgery I lost 15 punrs or so and felt restricted I was banded 9-7-07 and have had 1 fill then took it out casue I couldnt get ANYthiNG down may have been toosoon, casue then march 12, 2008 i had 1cc fill and went fine but I think I still need more casue I CAN EAT ANYTHING as long as I chew it good, I knwo it is my responsisiblity however, I really thought this band would help me feel less hungry and more restrictred but it doesn't, give me your thoughts.......talk to ya soon