Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

unsuccessful lapband results

MsTrina...

Thank you for clearing up Telecia post regarding the evaportation. I really appreciate you posting and advising us on the evaporation....

We will have continue our conversations... When you have a moment, let me know how you are doing... *hugs* .... Have a great day... I will be back online tonight.

ZagaGirl :)

No problem... I got a fill today and I must say that I thank God that I haven't had the throwing up, sick feeling, or any of the other adverse effects... I am so grateful for that... Even tho the scale has not moved since a week after being banded I can definately see the inches coming off, as well as my face, and arms and such going down.... This is a great thing.... ahhhh success at last...:biggrin::rolleyes2::Banane17:

Hey MsTrina - Congrats on the fill today *hugs* - You are such a good person - God Bless You Woman. I will follow up w/you after my fill on june 17 *hugs*

I really feel for you and can definitely relate. Congratulations on your weightloss. Even though you have gained some back, you are still down quite a bit. Think of it this way, if you wouldn't have gotten the band, you probably would have not lost and kept off this amount of weight. I too am struggling with eating healthy foods. I do snack quite a bit on sweets. I am an emotional eater, and have recently found out that my sister is dying of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. Ever since that news, I have been eating very poorly. If we support each other, we can get through this. Tomorrow, I'm seeing a new doctor and I'm nervous. Hang in there.

Karely

I understand how you feel. I was banded in 11/07 and have only lost between 25-30 pounds. I have a hard time listening to everyone elses success stories. I'm embarrased to go back to my doctor too. He suggested I go to Weight Watchers or Lindora. I figured if I could do that, I wouldn't have had the surgery. It's definitely not a cure for me. I'm gonna bite the bullet and go back for a fill next week along with joining weight watchers. You are not alone!!!

Karely -- thanks for your honesty. I too am an emotional eater. The band doesn't help that, but I knew that going in, but had the surgery anyway. I don't regret it, but it's a constant struggle. My prayers are with your sister.

Many banded people don't lose as they expected they would. You might want to talk to your MD about getting revised to a sleeve.

Milbear, Thank you for your kind words. My sister passed away almost two weeks ago. I have gained all of my weight back and am extremely embarrassed. I'm not sure if I'm ready to go back to my doctor yet. It's been very hard losing my sister, and feel as if I don't care about my weight. However, there is that small part of me at short moments that I do. Not sure what I'm going to do now.

Karley

Karely -- thanks for your honesty. I too am an emotional eater. The band doesn't help that, but I knew that going in, but had the surgery anyway. I don't regret it, but it's a constant struggle. My prayers are with your sister.

It is hard to start over again from scratch. I think the best part about banding is that it is still there and ready for you when you are ready to start using it again. it is definitely worthwhile to put any embarrassment aside and go see the doctor so you can let the band start helping you once again.

Evaporation does happen according to my surgeon, but it is very, very small amounts over a long course of time. my surgeon explained that it is one of the reasons why it is helpful to get yearly check-ups even after you have lost the weight and are in maintenance mode.

There is a 5 day pouch test diet that is really helpful for getting reaquainted with the banding lifestyle and taking off a few pounds. It helps most with just getting back into the right mindset . . . because I think that by far, the psychological aspect of taking the weight off is the hardest and most trying part of the whole journey. I have used it in the past when I start creeping back into old habits.

Hi..whatis the 5-day pouch test diet? I too want to restart start the lap band diet.

Make your appointment go in and face the music. Like Elisabeth said you're not the 1st patient to gain back some weight and you're not the last.

You can do it!!!! I know you can. Make your appointment, get back on track and lose those lbs!!! That's the beauty of having the band for circumstances like this. You just go in, get a fill, get back on track and bam you lose again.

Hello.. I understand as well. I had the surgery in December 2010 and have not lost any weight. There is no "band" restriction to my eating. I am so depressed. My last weigh in .. I gained 5 lbs. I have had 2 fills.. Doesnt seem to be working.. HELP!