Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A new medical issue for me.

Kendra, Great news and you sound so happy and optimistic (or is that the "special cookies" talking!) Ha!

I smoked a couple times, didn't care much for it, never had it in a baked goodie though. Come to think of it with my love for sweets that would have most likely been the way to go for me! Maybe it's a good thing I never tried it that way.

Look at the wonderful people you are meeting. This is one of the things about finding out you have cancer or other disease, it can become such a positive experience, even though it's hard to believe that. Such a learning lesson and teaches us whats really important in life.

Great, great, great news!:lol:

No, I haven't had any "special cookies" yet -- just plain ginger Cookies. :tt2: I want to ask my doctor about it before I try the other kind. I know it's not wise to mix medicines, even natural herbs.

Thanks! I'm glad there are good days to go along with the bad! :huh2:

That's great news Kendra!

Hey, these wrist bands are supposed to work on accupressure points to relieve chemo nausea. It might be crap, or it might be great. It doesn't look too expensive, so it might be worth a try. Chemotherapy Nausea Relief can be found using BioBands wrist bands – a natural nausea remedy

Keep stomping gal - we're all rooting for you!

Hey Kendra. I've just finished a book on juicing Juicing Therapy by Dr. Jensen. This guy wrote this book at like 91 years of age and he's still going strong. It had some wonderful things in it about ingredients that fight cancer. The important thing is to juice veggies and fruits while they're fresh. In other words, just buying juice already made doesn't have the life qualities in it really anymore. The best things for cancer were fresh:

Carrot juice

parsley

wheat grass

"Wheat grass is one of the finest health builders I know. Wheat grass is high in indole, which helps prevent cancer ..." "It contains an enzyme P4D1 that stimulates DNA repair if it has been damaged by chemicals. Wheat grass contains the enzyme superoxide dismutase (SOD) which neutralizes the worst free radicals (superoxides) and protects from cancer." And it goes on.

selenium

folic acid

It was a pretty dry book - definitely not good hospital reading! I'm sure there are some juicing books with sections specifically on fighting disease and cancer. I would suggest looking into this more. He said some really amazing things in his book about reversing disease, etc, with adding juicing into your diet. Not replacing your diet, but adding juices in. The most important thing is that the ingredients are super fresh and organic. It's super easy to find organic carrots. They're probably even in Wal Mart. I know they're in Kroger where I'm at.

Anyway, the carrot juice especially (or half carrot juice/half wheat grass and parsley) would probably do wonders for you. This was taken a bit to the extreme, but one person he mentioned went on carrot juice for a year (just juice) and his cancer went away ...

I hope this helps you!

Linda

Hey Longhorn! A shout out from New England. You are still being thought of positively. I am glad to hear that things look up...we will keep praying. By the way, this week my Mother in Law was diagnosed; however the doctors are not sure what type of cancer she has yet. She is undergoing all the tests in the next weeks to determine what type. About 4 years ago she successfully beat Colan Cancer but at her check up they found a 3/4 to 1 inch size tumor but are not sure of its location yet. We will see!

You are an inspiration to all cancer patients with such a positive attitude.

Your in my prayers,

Cindy

PS: My store Hollyberries is doing a Breast Cancer Awareness Weekend on May 3rd and 4th. A % of our sales will go to Breast Cancer Awareness and Research. I know a number of women that are fighting or have fought breast cancer and thought it was a great way to give back.

Hi, Kendra. I am really glad you are getting a break from stress and feeling bad for a bit. My mom has bone cancer. I'm glad you have a lot of support. My husband has worked in clinical trials for the past 29 years. He has always said people who have a good attitude and good supports have a much better prognosis. Your doing good!:redface:

Tina

That's great news Kendra!

Hey, these wrist bands are supposed to work on accupressure points to relieve chemo nausea. It might be crap, or it might be great. It doesn't look too expensive, so it might be worth a try. Chemotherapy Nausea Relief can be found using BioBands wrist bands – a natural nausea remedy

Keep stomping gal - we're all rooting for you!

Thanks, Foofy! I had my first session of acupuncture today. The doctor said that he didn't think he needed to treat me for nausea because the anti-nausea medicines are so good these days. He just wants to help me stay strong so that I have a better chance of fighting this. I have to admit, I felt very relaxed during the session and still feel very good now.

Thanks for the suggestion! :tongue:

Hey Kendra. I've just finished a book on juicing Juicing Therapy by Dr. Jensen. This guy wrote this book at like 91 years of age and he's still going strong. It had some wonderful things in it about ingredients that fight cancer. The important thing is to juice veggies and fruits while they're fresh. In other words, just buying juice already made doesn't have the life qualities in it really anymore. The best things for cancer were fresh:

Carrot juice

parsley

wheat grass

Linda

This is very helpful! I loaned my juicer to a friend to try it out while I was in Houston and it apparently stayed in the box all week. I need to get it back and get juicing again! There's a year-round farmers' market on Saturday mornings not far from me. I hope to check it out Saturday morning and get busy! Thanks for the information!

Hey Longhorn! A shout out from New England. You are still being thought of positively. I am glad to hear that things look up...we will keep praying. By the way, this week my Mother in Law was diagnosed; however the doctors are not sure what type of cancer she has yet. She is undergoing all the tests in the next weeks to determine what type. About 4 years ago she successfully beat Colan Cancer but at her check up they found a 3/4 to 1 inch size tumor but are not sure of its location yet. We will see!

You are an inspiration to all cancer patients with such a positive attitude.

Your in my prayers,

Cindy

PS: My store Hollyberries is doing a Breast Cancer Awareness Weekend on May 3rd and 4th. A % of our sales will go to Breast Cancer Awareness and Research. I know a number of women that are fighting or have fought breast cancer and thought it was a great way to give back.

I'm so sorry about your mother-in-law and hope she can beat this just like she did the last time!

I'm noticing that it's easier to stay positive when I'm busy and feeling well so that's my main goal right now. I'll let the medicine take care of the cancer, with a few kicks now and then! :w00t:

Thanks, Hon!

Yes Longhorn, you are an inspiration. I'm still keeping you in my prayers.

Thanks so much! A distant cousin sent me a lovely "prayer box" that I'm wearing on a chain, along with my Longhorn pendant and a hamsa. I welcome prayers and positive thoughts from any and all! :thumbup:

Hi, Kendra. I am really glad you are getting a break from stress and feeling bad for a bit. My mom has bone cancer. I'm glad you have a lot of support. My husband has worked in clinical trials for the past 29 years. He has always said people who have a good attitude and good supports have a much better prognosis. Your doing good!:redface:

Tina

Thanks for sharing your husband's experiences! I certainly hope to be one of those people!

I'm sorry about your mother and hope she's doing well. I've had an abundance of positive energy sent my way so I'm now sending some to share with her! Take care!

I just wanted to let you know I do acupuncture for fibromyalgia. I can go in feeling bad and have a big reduction in pain by the time I leave. I think it is a very good choice to try it. Take care.

Tina

Hey Kendra,

Looks like all that kickin' and stompin' is doing the job! so glad that tumor is shrinking. You have such an amazing, optimistic attitude which will definitely help you beat this thing.

Hope you can keep the nausea at bay. If not, have a cookie for me!!

Well, the first round is over and so far, so good! I understand that side effects sometimes don't kick in for a couple of days but I'm glad to be feeling this well right now. I haven't needed any special Cookies, either. :lol:

I had the shot today that's supposed to keep my white blood cell count up. I could experience some flu-like aches from that in the next day or so but only 30 percent of people have that reaction.

I don't know why but I haven't been getting email notifications for my subscriptions so I have to check in to see if there are any responses. Sorry for the delays in getting back to y'all but you are very much appreciated! :lol:

Hey Kendra...

Sounds like you're a "Kickin' and a Stompin'" right out of the gate. I'm glad to hear you are feeling well and if some symptoms surface I'm sure you will kick and stomp those too!! And if you need some "special" Cookies...you could always indulge in some gooey, yummy brownies with a little extra "ingredient" :lol:

Stay strong, girl!!:biggrin2:

Love,

Amy

Kendra,

Those brownies are the best - I will come join you, just let me know where and when.

Hang in there!! You sure sound good.

Bobbi

Glad to hear that things are going well Kendra. I watched my sister going through chemo and it wasn't pleasant so it's good that you are feeling well. Even though I'm not in touch often, I do think about you and I'm sending you positive vibes... can you feel them !! :biggrin2:

You continue to be in my thoughts, Kendra. I was so happy to hear the good news about the shrinking tumor! I continue to kick, stomp, and jump up and down on it! That is such fantastic news.

Hey Kendra...

Sounds like you're a "Kickin' and a Stompin'" right out of the gate. I'm glad to hear you are feeling well and if some symptoms surface I'm sure you will kick and stomp those too!! And if you need some "special" Cookies...you could always indulge in some gooey, yummy brownies with a little extra "ingredient" :tongue:

Stay strong, girl!!:biggrin2:

Love,

Amy

Thanks, Amy! The night I posted about the "special Cookies, " I think I was high on steroids! Not that I'm opposed to them but fortunately, the need hasn't come up so far. I took some of the anti-nausea medicine yesterday and it didn't make me sleepy so I'll bring that with me and take it at the first sign of difficulty.

Glad to hear that things are going well Kendra. I watched my sister going through chemo and it wasn't pleasant so it's good that you are feeling well. Even though I'm not in touch often, I do think about you and I'm sending you positive vibes... can you feel them !! :biggrin2:

Hi, Sades! I understand that the side-effects can vary greatly depending on the medicine and the patient. Also, some of the anti-nausea drugs have greatly improved in the last few years. I'm so sorry that your sister had to go through that and I know it was so difficult on you, too. Thanks for being there for me!

You continue to be in my thoughts, Kendra. I was so happy to hear the good news about the shrinking tumor! I continue to kick, stomp, and jump up and down on it! That is such fantastic news.

Thanks, Steph! Every kick helps!

Kendra,

Those brownies are the best - I will come join you, just let me know where and when.

Hang in there!! You sure sound good.

Bobbi

I am having some herbs this morning but they are Chinese. :biggrin: We'll see what they do for me.

Thanks!