Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is your Fill Level in a 10 cc AP Band?

Question for you guys who have surgeons that only put in 4cc in a 10cc band...Why didn't your doc give you that size band (4CC)? I gotta give you guys major cudos that it's working for you - I however would be a MESS!!

I got 5ccs in at surgery - and am currently at 7.9cc in my 10cc band **just squeeking into restriction** - close...very close.

Thankfully I have a "aggressive" surgeon when it comes to fills, for me - I've needed that ... so odd how what works for one, doesn't another.

I can't imagine that working either, with only "4 cc's" my first fill was 3 and my 2nd was 2 more and with the 2nd one I am getting restriction...heading to onederland! woo hoo

I have a 10CC Inamed band and my doc is also conservative like Motocross Girl....he has done approximately 800 LB's and many times more that of GB's and never lost anybody. He, too, says that it is the recommended 4 CCs max in a 10CC band. I was banded on 6/18/078 - got first fill of .1 after 6 weeks and am now at 3.6. I am getting close to the max. Perhaps it is the brand of lap band. I don't kow but mine is working great and I am losing weight and look great - so no complaints! CJ

That info is false:

http://www.lapbandcentral.com/lapbandcenter/documents/dfu/L013-03.pdf

The center column of page 6 shows the maximum fill level for the bands. Perhaps you have the older 4cc band?

Why not confirm with your Dr.

I agree with Lulu. At 4 ccs, I didn't even know I had a band. I'm just now getting restriction at 8.3 ccs.

I have 5cc in my band.Some times I feel restricted and some times I don't.I some times feel like I have a leak in it.I don't know,I'm not giving up.

I had to go for another unfill today. My doctor that does my fills is not the doctor that did my surgery. I had my surgery done in Mexico. What I'm getting at is before my unfill I was at 1.5 ccs. I was unable to drink Water with out it hurting. So now I'm at 1.0 ccs. My fill doctor is just amazed. He said that the other doctor in Mexico must have put my band on a little lower on my stomach; thats the only thing he can think of as to why this is happening.

HELLO CRAZYCAT,

I WAS WONDERING WHAT DR. IN MEXICO DID YOUR SURGERY? I'M GETTING BANDED SHORTLY IN MEXICO BY Dr. Ortiz. :):smile2:

I'm not sure how much was put in my band at surgery, though i know it was primed with some amount of saline. I was given my first fill on 2/18 and it was 3.25cc. I just got my second fill yesterday and was given a whopping 2cc. At this point, i'm not sure if i'm just swollen from such a large fill, or if it's too tight. Though i haven't gagged, or vomitted even drinking liquids is creating that uncomfortable feeling right in the center of my chest.

I'm going to try to wait it out over the weekend and hope it's just a bit swollen!

Also...when taking into account your total "fill" in a 10cc band (which i have) do surgeons include the amount that they primed the band with in the total count? Or is it negligible?

Moonrider............I tried to go to that link and could not get it to open. I have spoken with my Dr. about this on more than one occasion and he is telling me what I stated. I have made it to onederland - so I am satisfied and am going to keep doing what he says to do and not worry about what someone else is doing. And no I don't have a 4 CC band. they give you the information and numbers when you go home....mine clearly states 10!

Moonrider............I tried to go to that link and could not get it to open. I have spoken with my Dr. about this on more than one occasion and he is telling me what I stated. I have made it to onederland - so I am satisfied and am going to keep doing what he says to do and not worry about what someone else is doing. And no I don't have a 4 CC band. they give you the information and numbers when you go home....mine clearly states 10!

You need adobe reader to open it, it's a pdf. anyway there is another thread on here with band sizes and max fill, there might be different bands. I'll see if I can find it.

I know I have more than 4cc, more like 7cc in my band, so something is different about them.

I just searched Lap band and protocol and found that site that is for physicians with the info.

Hey, as long as you are losing, who cares how much is in whatever band!

Ops CJQ, that was me that asked the question of size, sorry for any offense. As stated before, if your loosing more power to ya...I just know as a Self Pay, I made sure I had an aggressive Dr. There are many here that are trying to find their way to restriction w/the 10cc band and 4cc's would never have done it for some. Me included - as I was given 5cc at surgery.

I was just curious as to why the 4cc limit w/a 10cc band is all. I look at it this way I "Bought" 10ccs - and if it's 10cc's I need then 10 it is...

Congrats to "Onederland"....:smile2:

Here is the other thread, maybe this will shed some light on the subject.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/fill-capacities-certain-band-types-55207/

Thanks Shortgal - I was able to get to that link and it looks like what my doc is telling me is the appropriate level for the type I have. How do you guys find all of these different sites anyway. I guess I just need to cruise around on here more often and maybe I can stumble into more good info. CJ

Thanks Shortgal - I was able to get to that link and it looks like what my doc is telling me is the appropriate level for the type I have. How do you guys find all of these different sites anyway. I guess I just need to cruise around on here more often and maybe I can stumble into more good info. CJ

and I have the AP one, so we are both right about our max fills!

I find these sites becasue I have too much times on my hands... I should be exercising with the time... but we needed the answer.... right? LOL:blush:

and I have the AP one, so we are both right about our max fills!

I find these sites becasue I have too much times on my hands... I should be exercising with the time... but we needed the answer.... right? LOL:blush:

....and that solves the mystery. how are ya doing shortgal...close? i'm not doing too bad - will take my next fill in another wk though:)