Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rant About No Restriction

Patience is the hardest part about weightloss. As wonderful as this board is, one's patience can be tested even more when you read story after story about the success of others. We're happy for them and we're jealous. :)

If you're able to eat a lot, hungry all the time, and not losing weight, you likely don't have enough restriction yet. It doesn't really matter how much saline you have in your band compared to others because we're all different. We have a member on our November 2007 group who hasn't even had a fill because she has enough restriction just from the band and is losing well. Some of us are up to about 70 to 80% of our bands' capacities and just now really feeling restriction and beginning to lose, though some faster than others. I've read about members who went to full capacity or even beyond (most of the bands can hold a little more than the stated capacity) before they reached proper restriction.

It occurred to me the other day that it took me four years to regain the weight I lost the last time yet I'm impatient when I'm on track to lose it in less than a year! Y'all keep doing the best you can but go back and see your doctors regularly and consult with them about getting to the proper level of restriction. Unless you're purposely eating in a way to defeat the band, it should work for you!

Good luck!

By the way, take a look at the graph of my weightloss. The first dip is the week after surgery. Then notice how flat that line is. There's a slight dip when I got my second fill (not much happened with my first) and now it's on it's way down at a slightly more steady rate after my third fill ten days ago. I suspect that I'll experience losses at a higher rate for maybe 10 to 20 pounds pounds and then it will taper off again, as those last few pounds are always the hardest and slowest.

Overall, my average is 1.6 pounds per week, right in the middle of the 1-2 pounds per week that was predicted. And it feels slow but it really isn't -- it's just slow at times. :biggrin2:

Ok time for me to vent today. Just got back from the Dr's office and did not get a fill because a "new" receptionist put me down for another office, which is another half hour away from the office I usually go to. I already drive 25 minutes to get to this office.

Anyway, I am rescheduled for tomorrow but was REALLY looking forward to this appt. If I don't get restriction soon, I'm going to scream or cry or both!

Ok thanks, I feel a little better now!

Ok time for me to vent today. Just got back from the Dr's office and did not get a fill because a "new" receptionist put me down for another office, which is another half hour away from the office I usually go to. I already drive 25 minutes to get to this office.

Anyway, I am rescheduled for tomorrow but was REALLY looking forward to this appt. If I don't get restriction soon, I'm going to scream or cry or both!

Ok thanks, I feel a little better now!

Oh, man, what a bummer! I had a medical appointment mixup a couple of weeks ago but it was only a hassle -- not the same as your disappointment in not getting a fill. I'm glad you only have to wait a day and not a week or a month! Good luck!