Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

I have to disagree on the Protein Powder -notice I did not say shakes. If you eat as little as they say you may not be able to get enough Protein. I was told to still use at least one protein supplement a day. Sometimes it is a bar, sometimes the powder in milk or coffee.

I was concerned about Hair loss and was on Biotin prior to surgery. I was told I did not need it after surgery as it was in the multi Vitamin. Now my hair is thinning! I think I am going back on it again. It could just be the shock to our system of surgery. My hair thinned out on top when I was first diagonosed as a diabetic also.

I am also thinning with the hair and talked to the N.P. and she said anyone who has rapid weight loss on any diet can lose hair, so yes, we can lose our hair. I also have developed low vit. B12 and am on sublingual B12, thought i was having a stoke or something, had numbness in my hands and feet and balance issues, memory loss etc. dr hoff ran blood work and since I'm on B 12 sublingual, all is well. so don't assume cause we didn't have gastric bypass we can't have any side effects....vicki

I got a letter from the weight loss clinic for my three hour consult.

I've lost a ton of hair since the surgery. I just started taking Biotin @3 weeks ago and it seems to help. I also found hair Shampoo with biotin. My ponytail is half what it was before the surgery so it definately does happen.

hey bugs ME TOOOOO!! I am scheduled on 12/30/08 at 12:30. It so happens i had alreadyscheduled my psych appointment the same day 8am (ugh) i hate getting up early. So when do you have your appt.?

they gave 1/7/09 at 8:30 am. But I have reschedule I have to put my daughter on the bus 8 :45. I'm haven't heard about a new date yet.

Is anyone walking on Saturday? Where? I am willing to go to Delaware Park or a mall. Appletree does not allow walkers as they are not a mall. I talked to security this morning and he was adamant about no walkers. Let me know.

Hey gang, I got my band!!! Yeah Me and I'm still sore as hell! lol

I still have a lot of gas pain and have been walking around the house to try and move it out. I was worried about first week of liquids and being hungry... NOT ...I am so full after a couple of sips of Protein or Jello ...its amazing that I don't feel hunger! I know i'm not getting enough protein in so i'm gonna have that up today.. can anyone tell me if SF jello pudding is ok on the full liquid diet?

Everyone was very nice and the only problem I had was with one nurse who did not give me any pain meds from 1pm the day of the surgery to that evening when the night nurse came on and asked if I wanted anything and said that I must be in a lot of pain.. I told I was and who the other nurse was and she shook her head and quickly got me something to relieve the pain. Then the next morning that same nurse (sharon) came in to give me something and I told her that I did not feel comfortable with her and wanted someone else since she did'nt take care of me properly ...then Kim NP came in and I told her what happened in front of that nurse and she told me that I could switch nurses if I wanted...so she took care of it for me. After that everything went smoothly... I'm glad it's finally over with!

hey everybody how is every thing going? me im doing good just getting ready for surgery on monday. was wondering if anyone else will be having surgery that day. also congradulations big gurl x im going to remember this nurses name and if given her going to ask for another nurse after meeting her i see that she is not fat friendly. i dont want anyone careing for me that is not fat friendly as i will not put up with any one making me feel funny for being big. other that that im ok for now. i have 4days and a wake up till im banded. see everyone at the finish line.

hey everybody how is every thing going? me im doing good just getting ready for surgery on monday. was wondering if anyone else will be having surgery that day. also congradulations big gurl x im going to remember this nurses name and if given her going to ask for another nurse after meeting her i see that she is not fat friendly. i dont want anyone careing for me that is not fat friendly as i will not put up with any one making me feel funny for being big. other that that im ok for now. i have 4days and a wake up till im banded. see everyone at the finish line.

hey china, good luck on your surgery monday!!!! If you dont' mind me asking did you lose the 40 plus lbs on the south beach? also when did you start? I'm going for my 3 hour appt on 12/30/08 and read the SBD book i'm actually on my 2nd read. I have learned soo much about food and exercise. I was wondering if they ask you to start it then?

Biggirlx, I am so sorry you had to go thru that.. I guess everyone is different. The only pain I had was the biggest incision.. maybe 2 inches.. I really would have liked some ice on it..

China , Bring a couple zip lock bags from home because the ice bags they give you only last for about 20 minutes.. The only time I got sick is when the nurse insisted that I would want pain medication. I said ok but only half the dose and it made me so nauseus that I had the dry heaves.. Other than that, I was fine.

China, good luck on monday.. its not bad at all. I think the gas pains is the most discomfort and they last about 10 days unless you can let it out and believe me, you do. It has been 1 month today already and I am eating alot of protein.. I'm still staying away from the carbs as much as I can. But I feel great !!

shar

.. can anyone tell me if SF Jello pudding is ok on the full liquid diet?

By the time I was home about 4 days, I had Tomato Soup because by then I was getting hungry . THe Soup really saved me. Then a couple of days after that I had SF Jello pudding. I figured as long as the Tomato Soup went down, I would try a little of the pudding slowly and it was ok. And then little by little I tried the Knorrs cream Soups. I never really pureed anything unless there were lumps in the Soups.

I found that if I just went slow, I was ok.

shar

hi akirrastar710,

to answer a few of your questions when i decided to lose weight i lost 8lbs on my own. then once i attended the first appointment i was told to start sb and i was lucky enough for a fellow lapband buddy on this paticular site to lend me her book. i followed it to a t. i lost 31lbs on it. but, the last week i did both Protein Shakes and a sb lunch and dinner just to get myself use to it. but, to answer your question 8lbs on my own and 31lbs on there diet. but, remember im bigger than others here. everybody sitting down when i started i was 432lbs:confused_smile::):wink:. and at my final weigh in on monday of this week i was 389lbs:cool2: still to big but, im working on it:thumbup:. hope this helps you if you have any questions send me a private message we can chat. good luck to you.

hey china, good luck on your surgery monday!!!! If you dont' mind me asking did you lose the 40 plus lbs on the south beach? also when did you start? I'm going for my 3 hour appt on 12/30/08 and read the SBD book i'm actually on my 2nd read. I have learned soo much about food and exercise. I was wondering if they ask you to start it then?

i can walk on saturday linda

val

Val, where do you want to walk?

Big Gurl, congratulations!! Hang in there. The journey is just beginning! I am going to be very truthful. Remember the band is a tool, you may still be able to eat. I am struggling terribly with eating too much, at the wrong time, and gaining weight. Hopefully this time I will be able to stop it right away. You wont hit this for awhile. The first 6 weeks, to me, were easy, pain, gas and all. Maybe it will be different if I get a fill. It is a big responsibility. But I know you can, and will, do it!

China, you go girl, and don't take any crap from any nurses! Personally I was very glad my husband was there to help me get to the bathroom and fill my ice bag or they would not have gotton done in a timely manner. Good Luck!

Val, where do you want to walk?

Big Gurl, congratulations!! Hang in there. The journey is just beginning! I am going to be very truthful. Remember the band is a tool, you may still be able to eat. I am struggling terribly with eating too much, at the wrong time, and gaining weight. Hopefully this time I will be able to stop it right away. You wont hit this for awhile. The first 6 weeks, to me, were easy, pain, gas and all. Maybe it will be different if I get a fill. It is a big responsibility. But I know you can, and will, do it!

China, you go girl, and don't take any crap from any nurses! Personally I was very glad my husband was there to help me get to the bathroom and fill my ice bag or they would not have gotton done in a timely manner. Good Luck!

thanks linda, i dont plan on taking any crap at all. as i will tell them to get the hill out of my room. plus my mom and lap band partner, and my girl big gurl x will be there so i kno someone will speak for me until i can. plus my mom is staying late with me. so i will be fine i hope. just a little worried about the shoulder pain which is related to the gas pain. i plan to just walk it out, reguardless if im in pain or not. hopefully it wont be to bad for me. i have sickle-cell so im use to the pain some. we will see. 3-days and a wake up to go.