Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Rain--don't be nervous, I've done it twice now. Last year was bad because I was bigger than the first year, but I still finished!!! Plus, once you hit Bryant St. it's all downhill until you get downtown where it levels off. :D I'm still waffling about doing it again because last year was so hard, I might wait a year so I can RUN!

Hello everyone! went for my three hour appointment today. I'm so hppy to be on my way. I see the dietitian again December 16, then finally Dr Hoffman Janurary 6th.

Hey all i have my seminar tomorrow Im very excited!! Wish me luck

Akirrastar710 I'll see you tomorrow night at the seminar. Good luck.

Edited by bugsbuni70

hey guys, was banded monday by dr hoffman. i have soooo many conflicting emotions as to what i did. am i happy with what i did? yes, i think. lol. there are sooo many things, Water, i have a hard time drinking more than a little sip. does this go away? i cant even fathom eating at this time! it takes me an hour just to get down a little sugar free jello! i never realized just how much the world revolves around food. its always on tv, on the computer, in my fridge. it's like mourning the loss of your lover. food has always been there, good times and bad, for as long as i can remember. i think you have to re-evaluate your life, etc... when you get this. sooo many things i took for granted. i MISS my diet pepsi!!!!!!! help! thanks for letting me vent. does anyone else feel this way?

hey, and by the way, i have already lost 14 lbs. i'm 6'1 278, or at least i was on monday. now i'm 264. dr hoffman is a GREAT guy! an amazing bedside manner. makes you feel like you really are important to him, i'd recommend him!

jlalor, welcome and congratulations. Yes it is normal to be all over the place emotionally. I am only a month out and am upset about how much I can eat! Don't worry. Everyone kept telling me I would be able to eat anything and they are right. I am eating things I never dreamed I would ever have again and remember I am only 4 weeks post op. First two weeks are the hardest.

Hello everyone! went for my three hour appointment today. I'm so hppy to be on my way. I see the dietitian again December 16, then finally Dr Hoffman Janurary 6th.

Yea Deb, I told you to plan for February!! :thumbup:

What was the reason given you for not drinking diet pepsi? I drink it with no problem, and I do not recall it being mentioned.

Did anyone give you an explanation?

hey guys, was banded monday by dr hoffman. i have soooo many conflicting emotions as to what i did. am i happy with what i did? yes, i think. lol. there are sooo many things, Water, i have a hard time drinking more than a little sip. does this go away? i cant even fathom eating at this time! it takes me an hour just to get down a little sugar free jello! i never realized just how much the world revolves around food. its always on tv, on the computer, in my fridge. it's like mourning the loss of your lover. food has always been there, good times and bad, for as long as i can remember. i think you have to re-evaluate your life, etc... when you get this. sooo many things i took for granted. i MISS my diet pepsi!!!!!!! help! thanks for letting me vent. does anyone else feel this way?

Jay I totally feel where your coming from!!! I was just thinking about how my life is all about food! and it has been for as far back as I can remember. This is why I am the way I am, unhealthy and over weight. Its gonna be hard but its a challange I belive can be conquered. Yes food is ALL over the place but now instead of me working for food, i'm gonna make food work for me!! It also is a great help that all the wonderful people come on this thread and post their

experience's and support. Even meeting each other! So don't think of it as the death of something, think of it as a re birth of the new more heathier you:thumbup:

well I had my 1st 3 hour appt yesterday too. Went pretty well, I'm glad I got a few of the tests out of the way already, have to still get another endoscopy done because of my GERD. But have the dietician appt 12/12 & appt w/Dr Hoffman on 12/23. Surgery tentatively end of jan/beg of feb which actually works out w/my work schedule.

I am really excited & nervous all at the same time. Its really hitting me that I have to relearn everything I do. Eat, shop, excercise etc. I feel like I'm getting my life back, like I've been in hiding for the last 10 years. WHen I was younger I was really athletic and socialized all the time. Now I wouldnt even think of being able to do anything sports related. But I will!

Thanks for letting me vent!

hello, my name is jason. i've spent quite a while reading all your blogs and appreciate the support you all give one another. i really dont know why i'm writing this. i guess i'm just very nervous and need to vent a bit. dr hoffman will be performing my surgery tommorow morning @ 11:30. for some reason i'm freaking out? :thumbup: is this normal?

Hey Jason... I had my surgery the same day by Dr. Posner and all went well. How are you doing ? Already I am sick of broth and juice and Protein Drinks , can't wait till tomorrow when I can have Tomato Soup or any cream Soup w/o lumps. I was d/c'd last night about 5pm. Maybe you can make it to the meeting next wednesday. I am going to try to come.

Good luck to you

shar

I have my seminar tonight I hope to meet some forum members.

i will be there on saturday linda

val