Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Aaron Hoffman - Lap Band done in Buffalo, NY (Dr. Hoffman)

Hi everyone, What's up with the web site? I'm scheduled for surgery on Friday. It really went fast. I seen Dr. P on Oct 20th. I'm down 20 lbs and ready. I bought EAS at Sam's club the other day it's ok but not a frozen ice cap. I Wish. Is it ok to chew my Viactiv when I'm on liquids? Is any Soup ok if I strain it ? They gave me a suggested schedule on how to get all my liquids in. Did any of you follow it or any suggestions. Do you get a foley? See you soon.

Hi, I have my surgery on tuesday... What is EAS that you bought at Sam's.. ??? Will I need it ?

shar

daniella,

the same thing happened to me...mine was cancelled 3 times. it is so frustrating....just hang in there

val

EAS is the best---so cheap!!! NBflo, it's a premixed Protein shake; definitely convenient for after surgery.

buckets---it definitely went fast! Congratulations! I didn't have a foley--and was totally worried that I would. I'm not sure what Dr. Posner will do though! I followed the schedule, drank from the 2 oz. "shot glass" every 15 minutes. It was hard, and boring---it felt like all I did was watch movies and drink Water and Protein Shakes. :) Good luck, yay!

ok I swear I am cursed when it comes to all this. I was supposed to have my 1st 3 hour appt toady at BGH. BUT I just left work early, got on the thruway & then got a message on my cell phone that the NP was sick & they cancelled my appt...took me 5 months to get that appt.

So I called and unbelievable I actually get thru to Marietta and she refused to give me a specific date for a new appt, said prob 12/3 but she would send me a letter. So now since THEY had to cancel I have to WAIT ANOTHER 4 WEEKS!! I am just beyond discouraged.

Dear Daniellabee, I'm so sorry for you, I can't imagine waiting all that time and having it cancelled that day!

I remember counting the days for my appt and can honestly say I would have been really upset. I would insist on a sooner date if I were you. They should put you in the next available. Let us know how you make out. vicki

23_32_7.gif Bloom, how much weight have you lost since your surgery? I had my surg in June, and I want to know what your eating or not.... Wow you should be really proud girl, hats off to you.

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZNxdm117YYUS

Vix/Band--I've lost 35 lbs. since my surgery on 9/15, and I've lost 75 lbs since my first consultation at the end of May. Remember though, I'm on the bigger end of lap banders, where I am now is where a lot of people start. I'm feeling great and doing awesomely---but it's hard to compare me to your average bander. :thumbup:

I eat a lot of solid protein--ground beef, chicken, fish, and vegetables usually afterwards. Sweet potatoes, etc. I also eat a lot of Beans (which have to be cooked really well and chewed well) with turkey bacon in them (I have a rad recipe for baked beans that are just the awesome, and I make them with the Splenda Brown Sugar mix). In the morning, I can't eat solid food it seems, so I stick to a Protein Shake made with greek yogurt (Fage has 20 g. of Protein in one cup!), fruit, splenda, and skim milk and a cup of yogurt later at around 8:00 a.m. By lunch I'm able to eat normally.

I supplement (even though we're not supposed to) my Water intake with Special K Protein Water packets in my water...it helps get it down and it works out for me. I'm not 100% with the bandster rule of drinking before/after but I'm pretty close. I get really thirsty after I eat but I do try and wait the hour after.

What I haven't done is exercise to the point that I want to, so I'm thinking once that happens it will rock! I'm walking every night but I'd love to really get into some cardio.

I'm sure I'll need a fill by January!

Hi everyone, I too have had trouble with this site and haven't been on for a while. Here are my comments to different questions.

Walking- I looked into Walden Galleria for when weather gets bad and you just go. They don't have a program, course or mileage but I can measure with my pedometer. I do 9,000 steps around the park.

Debbie - I am glad you are on your way. I have been thinking about you.

Bloom - when I first read your post about going for a fill I thought that your weight loss is right on target so I didn't think you would get one. Great job! I am using you for a guide on whether I will get one on the 25th. I personally think I can eat more than I should and could use some restriction but am probably losing weight on target also.

Band - the meetings are always the third Wednesday of the month at 6pm. I am going. This month they are going to talk about holiday eating. There is no December meeting.

Daniellabee - I think the comfortable clothes are things you can move in and not a dress, ie: elastic waist band pants. You do walk on a treadmill and they test your upper and lower body strength. I don't think you will sweat to much.

Shar - chill out! You have enough supplies for next week!!

Now my take - I am doing okay. I had two Snacks where I overdid it but did not feel it in my band just upset my stomach (lower abdomen). I think I eat too fast but I use a toddler fork and spoon so I know I am not taking to large of a bite. If I am alone I always do something else while eating because it slows me down. I am intelligent enough to know I have to chew. I am eating my Breakfast right now while on line. This is the slowest I have eaten yet. Which brings me to my biggest complaint. I don't like my food to get cold. Anyone have any suggetions on how to keep it warm for 20-30 minutes?

I haven't weighed myself recently but people are commenting on how good I look and my clothes (and underwear!!!!!) are way to big. I know I would do better if I exercised more. Luckily I have an active job.

Protein - some say not to use it but I disagree. How can we get 40-60 gms in a day without supplements? I stopped for a while for no particular reason and yesterday was weak and shaky and ill. I checked my blood sugar but it was fine (no diabetes medicine since surgery) and later in the day I got an email stating the effects of not getting enough protein - I had a glass of milk with chocolate Protein Powder and felt better almost immediately!

I am 3 weeks and 4 days post op and I can eat chili with cooked celery and don't go overboard chewing. Again I don't know if that means I am not as tight or just lucky. I had the chili made before surgery. What used to be a serving is now three! Even though I am on soft I feel like I eat normal. The only thing I can't wait for is salad! I really want a salad!

So thats my 10 cents worth - this is to long for just 2 cents LOL. Nice to be back on line.

Linda, I eat salads with no problem. Hoffman does not like his patients to eat salads, so dont wait for his approval.

I will be at the park tomorrow walking at 8 am. Hope we have at least one more good day.

I am having so much trouble with this site. After they said i had to make a new username and password, they now are e-mailing me and saying I can have only one user under the same e-mail. I don't know what's going on if any of you have a clue, please clue me in.

I lost a pound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my letter for seminar today , I have to Nov 13 at 6pm . Does anyone else have to go then?:blink:

I got my letter for seminar today , I have to Nov 13 at 6pm . Does anyone else have to go then?:(

YES! Bugs i do. Finally after months of waiting. I'll be there this Thursday. I actually got a call from Marietta. So I'll see you there:thumbup:

Val, I forgot to tell you I can pick up your race materials prior to the Turkey trot as I am off that week. Let me know if you want me to do that. I will bring them to you and we can meet for dinner or coffee.

Also, I think you are right, we will meet up prior. I have a condo in Buffalo, near Childrens, we could leave one car there, it is safe.

PS, that condo is for rent, it is near 3 hospitals, anyone in the medical field, spread the word! Thanks.

judy,

that would be great! id appreciate it. i thought we could prob meet up in the transit road area somewhere on thanksgiving. nd that would be great to meet for coffee/dinner one night. i feel so bad for you and linda about yesterday.

val