Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Second fill yesterday

went really well. I now have 3.7cc in my 10cc band. I can really tell the difference even though I am on liquids still. It takes a will to drink a Protein Shake but that is great, I am learning to enjoy food a taste at a time instead on inhaling my food mindlessly. I would really like to get to a point where I can have just a taste of something yummy. A bite of cake rather than than half the cake. A piece of chocolate instead of a king size version of it. I dont trust myself yet! Maybe when I get to the maintenance part I can do that. So, the fill itself was a little on the ouch side. I think the lady was new and had some trouble and by the time she was done I was wishing I had gone ahead with the numbing shot. :cursing: How is everyone else doing??

Getting my first fill tomorrow and it can't come soon enough. However, I'm really nervous. Both about the pain and possible problems with too tight. I work 3 hours away from my doctor and live about an hour away so I don't want to have to have an emergency un-fill.

My PA said just to mention it to the doctor and they'll be conservative with the fills, but at the same time, I'm STARVING and am hoping for genuine restriction, so I'm torn in two directions.

Going for my second fill tomorrow. Already have 4cc's in a 10cc band, but I barely feel any restriction. Not sure how much she will give me but I need it!!:mad:

I'm jealous. I can't get my first fill until April 8th. 12 full weeks from my surgery date 1/14/08. I even asked my Dr. if I could possibly have one a bit sooner. He said that it would be too soon...Too soon??? Everyone else seems to get theirs in 1/2 the time. It's a good thing I like my Dr so much or I'd be looking elsewhere!!!

I got my first fill on the 2/13. She told me that I already had 7cc in and she put in .4cc which puts me at 7.4cc. I still don't fill the kind of restriction I felt when I first had the surgery but it is getting better. I am very happy though because I get to have a fill every 2-3 weeks until I find my sweet spot. I'm glad I don't have to wait longer. My nest fill is on the 27th.

Officially lost 5 pounds since January 30th.:thumbup: Still got 1 additional cc, giving me 5cc's in a 10cc band.

I can't believe the 5 pounds, since I have typed all over this website about eating and feeling hungry. Don't get it, but completely accept it. :eek:

Hi Knockouts! I got my first fill on Friday, 2/15, a little uncomfortable but ok & was glad it's over pretty fast. I still don't feel like I did the first week or 10 days, but it's definately better than no fill. I was feeling like I was eating too much. I have to wait 5 weeks for another.

CHRISANN - glad to see you're doing well after the trouble you had right after surgery. Good job.

Hi, I was banded on 1/24, this I'm glad I found this support group. Over the last week I have officially Lost IT!!! Everything I'm doing right now is strictly will power, and I am losing. I am all of a sudden ridiculously hungry and seriously think that I could eat anything. From what I am reading this seems normal. My question is I have a Drs. appt on Tuesday, should I be asking for a fill? It is my 4 week post op, when did most of you get your fill. I cannot imagine waiting any longer. Thanks for your help.

I agree with everything that you said. My eating patterns were/are just like yours. Thankfully since 1/18/08 when I got my 10cc band in Mexico, I have been unable to inhale food. I am anxiously awaiting my first fill on 3/1/08 because I am now eating about half of what I used to be able to eat before the band. I am not gaining or loosing right now. When did you get your band? You have really be shedding the pounds!