Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5K on treadmill?????

That sounds good! I actually messed up the numbers and did the opposite....ran for 90 and walked for 30. So, I am going to skip to week 2. I know most people would say not to but if I have to stay in week 2 for two weeks I am fine with that. I am going to do this Mon, wed and Fri. I have a trainer on tue and thur for machines.

Shannon

Shannon,

I don't have a trainer, but I have been doing light circuit weights on my off days. I do the C25K on tue, Thu, and Sat.

I wasn't sure if it was alright to do cardio on my off days....

What is c25k? My trainer thinks its great to do cardio on the days off of weight training. She would love for me to come in 5 days for cardio but right now I will do 3. I have to go at 4:45 am daily to do what I am doing now. I dont want to go any earlier. My 12 yr old son goes with me and going earlier is not an option for him ....he still needs sleep.

Shannon

Of course I'm going to be the Devil's Advocate and ask, WHY WAIT? Running will just help you drop to 250 faster! I started running when I was about 305 and while I was slow and couldn't run that far...I believe running is like it's own exercise...because I was doing kickboxing, spinning, etc., and running was tough to get good at for me. ANYWAY, I say GO FOR IT! Start with some intervals and you'll be amazed at how good you will get. By the way, I have lots of "normal sized" runner friends. They have all told me that once you get to the point where you can run 2 miles straight, all the distances get easier after that! I have to agree...two miles took me a long time and then 3 came easily. There have been times I've run 5 miles w/o stopping...HUGE success for me!!! Good luck!! ;-)

I have kinda weak ankles and knees. I cant get through a workout without hyper extending my knee at least once. So I want to reduce the amount of weight on them and condition them before I try something so high impact. I am so pumped about starting though.

I did the program yesterday and it about killled me....lol. I actually dread but enjoy it. Tomorrow will be my third day. How did you do yesterday? I am at a standstill with my weight loss so I am hoping this will help. Although I have had issues with my band the last two months. :)

Shannon

shanon--sorry to hear about your band issues...

I didn't run yesterday. My program days are Tue, Thur and Sat....So I'll let you know later tonight....It's week 2 day2 for me--wish me luck!!

My scale seems to be stuck also--but I have 7cc in a 10cc--so I'm not sure I want to get a fill--I'm waiting until march 1st...if the scale hasn't moved, I'll make an appointment and request a barrium swallow to see how the food is going through.

I was wondering how you did. I did my day 3 today and it was good. Hard but good. I am scheduled for a fill on the 4th and hopefully it is all there. I have a leak somewhere and they filled me with a thicker solution last time so hopefully that has helped. Hopefully with stepping up my exercise it will help with inches and weight loss.

Let me know how you did.

Shannon

Great Job! I went and bought a cheap Ipod so I could put the program on it. I hope I can figure out how to do it. I am lame on the computer. I am going to give my son my mp3 player since he works out with me. I think he will enjoy it.

Shannon

I will post how tomorrow goes in the morning.

I have a question. I have lost close to 60 lbs. Now I am on the tread mill daily. I am about 4 weeks out. I have taken it slow. I I am @3.5 for 2 miles. My knee is kinda bothering me. Not too bad. But I kind of feel it. Which makes me nervous about an injury. I slowed it down to 1 mile a day at a slower pace to 3. I heard try an slight incline. Makes it better for the knees. I thought after getting weight off my knee by loosing I wouldn't have this problem. Does anyone have suggestions for me so I can get back on track. I am at 200 lbs. now. I love tread mill and don't want to stop.

I have bad knees to but they dont always bother me. Although I missed the gym today because of it. I have always heard not to walk on an incline if you have bad knees. I started the couch to 5k and am wondering if that is why mine are hurting so bad. I am sorry that I have no answers for you. Walking has never bothered mine.

Shannon

You may want to try the eliptical...Several years ago, my doc advised that I switch. It's less pressure on the knees. I love it. Are you doing any running? If so, you are pounding your knees....if just walking, I would reduce the incline to 0.

I'm not an expert....just passing on my advice

When I went in for my fill I told my dr about all the walking I am doing and he was shocked. He told me NO!!! He dosent want me on a treadmil for now. He would rather I do the elyptical or bike. because walking is too hard on my joints...I am still walking just not pushing it on the treadmil I am working on the elypitical though. 4 minutes each time and upping it when I can. I am pushing myself because I think I can do it. I dont want to injur myself though.