Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NOT Losing Weight anymore and Trying sooo hard

HI all,

Everytime I've needed support or advice this board has helped me so I'm hoping someone has some insight to help me now :-)

feeling miserable because I havent lost weight in over a week. I work out everyday and still have a little restriction. SHould I get another fill? I'm worried that I'll be that lucky person to be filled too tight.

My diet is pretty light-no bread 1 shake in the morning, Soup or wrap for lunch and something like fish or Beans for dinner. I dont eat heavy meat anymore.

I had the surgery on 11/24 and went from 205-188 first fill 1/21 went from 188-181 and now I'm holding steady at 181 the weird thing is that I do have restriction, sometimes I think I can take down some real heavy food like a burrito or a thick sammie and bam it's coming back up. but I am not losing weight. I even gain a pund or so on some days..

I'm trying to tell myself that weight isn't all of it I have stopped taking my diabetic medicine but the scale doesnt help.

Should I get a fill?? or do I need to tweek my diet??

Thanks

Happy2be (not so happy today)

I'm pretty new, but from what I have learned on this forum, is that at times the weight loss may stop, but you will be compacting, losing inches, and then you will start losing weight again. Hang in there, you have done fantastic so far. I might be wrong, but I think someone said to get a fill if you haven't lost in 2 weeks or so....

Hope this helps, and don't forget how well you have done so far..it is going to take some time to get our weight off, but this time, it will STAY off!!!

You know, I think we all get spoiled because we lose before surgery and then afterwards--so we get used to those pounds just rolling off. (Before LBS I couldn't get the scale to move one iota, except upwards!)

Before I got my third fill on February 1st, I hadn't lost even 1/10 of a pound in three weeks!! I lost a total of five pounds in the six weeks between my December 28 second fill and February 1st third fill--was I discouraged? Absolutely not!

I KNOW I'm eating right and I work out four days a week faithfully--and I see that my clothes are definitely fitting me much looser--so I just keep hanging in--and that's what you should do too! Since February 1st, the scales have come down 2.80 pounds, as it will for you too.

Why it takes so long to move the scale, I don't know--and no-one can tell me not to get on every day because I've been doing this all my life and cannot stop now!

Please don't worry--we hit these humps and then get over them. It'll happen for you too! :)

the scale can be frustrating sometimes but try staying off of it for a couple days and tweak your diet with different foods.. and modify your exercise plan and see what happens .... i find this sually works for me when i hit a plateau... Good luck to you.. and let us know if it helped..

The same thing happens to me, just work thru keep ondoing everything right, and it will all work out, and talk to your doctor...

HI all,

Everytime I've needed support or advice this board has helped me so I'm hoping someone has some insight to help me now :-)

feeling miserable because I havent lost weight in over a week. I work out everyday and still have a little restriction. SHould I get another fill? I'm worried that I'll be that lucky person to be filled too tight.

My diet is pretty light-no bread 1 shake in the morning, Soup or wrap for lunch and something like fish or Beans for dinner. I dont eat heavy meat anymore.

I had the surgery on 11/24 and went from 205-188 first fill 1/21 went from 188-181 and now I'm holding steady at 181 the weird thing is that I do have restriction, sometimes I think I can take down some real heavy food like a burrito or a thick sammie and bam it's coming back up. but I am not losing weight. I even gain a pund or so on some days..

I'm trying to tell myself that weight isn't all of it I have stopped taking my diabetic medicine but the scale doesnt help.

Should I get a fill?? or do I need to tweek my diet??

Thanks

Happy2be (not so happy today)

What are the calories of the shake? How many carbs in it? I would track calories and Protein for a few days just to see where you are. If you're getting in too many carbs or not enough Protein, that will stall the scale.< /p>

You might try writing down, weighing, and measuring your food. Get a large calendar with large spaces for this and log it in every day. I also weigh myself. Write it on the calendar. Then you will be able to see everything in black in white when the weight doesn't come off. I try to keep my cal. around 1000 per day. Also its very important to get your body moving. I know this because it has taken me a hole year to figurer this out. I eat alot of different salads with Protein in them.

I hope this helps you,

Terry

Hang in there. Sounds like a small plateau. If you're doing everything right (and it sounds like you are) it will start coming off again!

Congrats on what you've lost so far!!

What are the calories of the shake? How many carbs in it? I would track calories and Protein for a few days just to see where you are. If you're getting in too many carbs or not enough Protein, that will stall the scale.

Shortgal,

I'm so glad I read this thread. What you just said,

(too many carbs or not enough protein,) I think thats whats wrong with me. I have been trying to get my protien in but its not that easy for me. :cursing:

Happy, sorry to hear you're stalled. But the thing is, your band is still there doing it's thing and you aren't GAINING. My wife gets like this some times. She gets a fill, goes on liquids for a week and mushies for a week (doctor's orders) and that usually kick starts her weight loss, again. Doc told her that is she isn't losing, come in and they'll do an adjustment. That's probably what you need.

It depends what is happening. How many calories a day are you taking in? Bandsters eat 800-1k sometimes up to 1200. How much volumne do you eat? 1/4 cup, 1 cup, etc.

that's why I love this forum :-) thanks for the words of support..ok lets see my shakes are about 130 calories, I have a total of about 800 calories a day

I think I will wait another week or so before deciding to get another fill and I'll start measuring inches, that may help as well and I do need to remind myself that I'm not getting any bigger, I'm too happy about that LOL

I am definitely going to start writing down what I'm eating daily that may help as well..it'll help me see on the days that U'm losing what I'm doing and maybe I'll just replicate those days.

More than anything I think I just needed support Thank you guys :-) I am definitely feeling much better..advise well taken :-)

800 a day is not much if you're exercising. But 800 calories of Protein is better than 800 calories of carbs.

I would be sure to get the Protein in even if you have to add another 100 calories. (a half bottle of Isopure CLEAR is 80 calories but 20 gms of protein and no carbs). And I would change up the amount of calories, a couple days of 800 and a couple days of 1000.

I'll bet your losing inches anyway!