Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maybe I am the only one that feels this way, but I think that being able to delete the whole posts stinks!!!

For example if some one starts and posts and then me and another member are chatting back and forth then our whole conversation is gone...Does this make sense?

Nothing against the tanning thread that Paula started, this is just an example and I didn't think that Paula would mind me using this...but, if you do Paula just let me know...

Ok, Paula started a thread regarding airbrush tanning and I replied with several others, well Big T had very good information regarding the difference in the machine tan and an airbrush tan. So next week when I want to go and read the difference because I am a goofball and can't remember, I can't cause in the mean time, Paula thought it was a stupid posts and deleted it and now I can't get the information I was looking for!!

I just don't like the delete button at all!!!!

Can Paula get it back? Can a moderator? I'll bet Marie will help you...okay, that sounds smart-assed but it was meant to be funny based on all the other stuff going on and I love Marie...

Seems like Paula had a DeLarla moment, she confesses to do that alot...get a good thread going and then think it's dumb and delete it...but I love her too and want her and all of us to have the ability to delete posts and threads we start.

People re-think things, God knows I do...I want the ability to delete and edit.

Here's an idea...if you see something handy, save the page or post in your document file in your computer, that way you can get it whenever, AND have evidence of edited/deleted posts for the next go-round...

please get the humor, trying to be funny in difficult times...I need to start a thread about a dream I had about Penny60...

Gotcha, that was a good thread, I'm glad it's still in here...no airbrush tanning for me. Paste-y White doesn't go well with Orange.

Still, couldn't the writer re-post or un-delete a thread? At least with the help of a moderator?

Hey now, I've been working on this issue! I didn't want to delete any posts this week, but I was tired of them being manipulated. I'd rather kill myself then let someone else take me down!

But I promise that I won't delete any for at least one week... no, one day. One day at a time, okay? (Hiding behind the couch.)

Members can edit or delete their own posts, which I think is a good thing on a board like this where personal information might be shared that the member has second thoughts about later.

I agree that it can disturb the flow of a thread. In general, it's not considered good internet manners to delete posts entirely, for exactly this reason.

Lisa, please refrain from stating that items are being censored or deleted. It's simply not true. No one but the author of a message will change it in any way.

Thank you.

Most love your passion and candor, DeLarla. You know best whether or not to edit...just like GeezerSue, she is a debator, and loves to argue, sometimes just for the point of it, nothing personal, and most understand and respect that. Everyone has something great to offer. Our personalities are different and we ALL have strengths and weaknesses.

I hope we continue to honor that here on LBT. I will try to, even if using my delete button is needed.

Kelly, if you remember who posted the great info then you can always send a PM to that person and ask for them to send you what they were saying. I know that would be good if you knew the persons username but if not then the only way to retrieve a post would be if the person that edited the post didn't permanently delete it. Then a moderator can bring back the post.

The thread is another thing altogether. The thread is the entire converstations. If that is permanently deleted then it is gone. If it is what is termed "soft" deleted then the thread can be brought back. But I question doing so without the permission of the initiator of the Thread and the same thing of the Post as well.

I don't think as Mod we should have the right to bring back a post just because someone asks us to. If the writer of the post / thread asks then I feel that person has more of a right than anyone else to bring back a post/thread.

OK getting pretty indepth now. I will stop.

Members can edit or delete their own posts, which I think is a good thing on a board like this where personal information might be shared that the member has second thoughts about later.

I second this - its important to be able to have control over what you yourself started.

Just to clarify, I agree with Penni, I feel that a post or thread that is un-deleted should only be done so at the request of the writer.

In Kelly's tanning thread example above, she could have PM'd Paula, said, "hey! what's up with that! I need that info! Get it back! please" (because we are always nice and kind here and use our good manners) then Paula would contact a moderator about un-deleting.

Otherwise, it stays deleted.

I am wondering about the total weight loss post that was started a week or so ago? Its not deleted???? Then where is it and why is a sad attempt to restart it today occurring? Nothing is getting deleted? I also had responded to the Marie poll and my answer seems to be gone. It was even a very nice positive answer. Alex don't feed us bull crap if things truly are missing in action.

It is getting very tiresome hearing about the same stuff over and over. Perhaps there is some reason that some people keep opening up the same can of worms. Lets move on and continue to provide the important information and support that people come here to get.

I am sorry Qwinner if I have offended you in anyway. I was simply stating that I hate it when ANYONE deletes there own thread because if there is good info in there and I want to read it again it is gone!!!

This thread was NOT intended to open any can of worms!