Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking at things from a different age.

I have always been one of those people who loves to people watch. I remember once when I was about 25 years old I saw this really old person. Oh.... she must have been at least in her 50's or 60's. The first thing that got my attention was the fact that she was dressed like a trashy teenager. The second thing was her lips. I don't know if she was really nervous or just had bad eye site ..... but this lady had out lined her lips really messy and way, out side the natural lip line with bright red lipstick. So with her big double d's and small little waist, trashy outfit, squiggly lip's she looked like a retired play mate from the playboy mansion. (I lived in California at the time.)

Now as I get older.....and my lips are getting thinner, I have to be more careful as I'm putting on my lip liner and lipstick. It just seems like it takes more and more skill to get the stuff on. :lol:

Terry

I'll never forget driving down the road with my mother and passing an older woman walking on the sidewalk. My mother commented that she hated when women don't adjust their bras correctly so that one boob hangs higher than the other. I'll bet I was all of 13 but that made an impression on me and I'm always making sure that my bra straps are the same length!

I remember my mum telling me when I was a kid that you can always tell a woman's age by the state of her neck. She said that a woman may look young for her age but the neck never lies. So when I went for my post weight loss face lift I made the surgeon promise that he would get the neck. He did. But they say that the back of the hands can also be a giveaway. I don't feel like going for a hand lift, though.

Lol, yes, shouldnt judge because I'll be in her shoes one day.

Honestly though, there's a fine line between remaining youthful in your presentation and looking cheap. I hope I come down on the right side of it because I'm afraid of looking old, getting old in my outlook, starting to dress sensibly, losing my youth. But push up bras and lycra isnt the way to get it back!

I hate make up personally, I dont wear ANY. And I could probably use a little, lol.

Something else I've learned as I've getten gotten older. Make sure you dress yourself age appropriate. You will look a little more youthful if not every hair on your head is hair sprayed in perfect place. Makeup....less is best. Go really light on the eye makeup.

Something else I've learned as I've getten gotten older. Make sure you dress yourself age appropriate. You will look a little more youthful if not every hair on your head is hair sprayed in perfect place. Makeup....less is best. Go really light on the eye makeup.

I completely agree. I wear my hair very casually, and would never do the Laura Bush-thing. I wear it long enough to tie back in a ponytail or wear it up in a loose knot. I also have bangs. As for make-up, I wear a little mascara and sometimes I wear lipstick. That is it for me. I also wear very simple clothes, Audrey Hepburn is my role model, a lot of black and white, and I only wear natural fibres. I figure that my approach is a good one because people often think that I am European...until I open my mouth, that is.

Green,

I had to laugh at myself. I thought note to self....let hair grow. I don't were it like Laura Bush.... I wear it more like Betty White. LOL

I'm working on it......

Terry

Green,

I had to laugh at myself. I thought note to self....let hair grow. I don't were it like Laura Bush.... I wear it more like Betty White. LOL

I'm working on it......

Terry

I've been wearing my hair with bangs for awhile now. Then one day I happened to read that many older French women like to wear bangs; this means that they don't have to worry about gettin' Botoxed. lol

The loose knot/pony tail thing works really well for me. It means many fewer visits to the hair salon and much less labour on a day to day basis. (I should mention that I am a really lazy old trout!) It leaves me looking much younger, prettier, and, oddly enough, more user friendly. I am one of those people with whom strangers feel comfortable striking up a conversation, asking for directions, or whatever....

Just today I ended up in two separate conversations while buying Fancy Beast for the cat and tinned tuna for myself at the local Walmart. My theory is that people are afraid to approach women who are too carefully groomed - especially when they are skinny Minnies as well. These are women who tend to give the appearance of being far too tightly coiled.

And of course that really fabulous ultra-high fashion eye make-up really does have to be left to the young ones. *sigh* Sadly, that ship has sailed, eh. *sob*

Is so nice reading posts from gals in their 50's like me. I like to wear natural type clothes, blacks, browns and blues. Just casual stuff. I was always looking for new eye shadow, I realize now that I look best with it put on very light. As far as my health goes tho, it's seen better days, lol. Alot of problems in these past few years.

LOL. I know "old" women like that. Bright red lipstick, rouge in a perfect circle on their cheeks, blue hair, and those things that are beaded that hold their glasses on. Did you ever watch the show the Nanny? I'm talkin' the old grandma on that show.

I have found that I look younger with shorter hair that has a little lift on top. Longer hair draws my face and jowls downward. :Yawn: and I can't allow that! I need a little lift, even if it's only visual. I'm looking forward to having surgery, but not looking forward to the gobble wobble that will maybe come with it. I guess I'll have to start saving my pennies for a lift.

I have my hair shorter than a few years ago, and a lift on top too, lol. I've only lost 15lbs so far, but can see more lines in my neck. YIKES lol. Oh well, losing some weight is worth it. Good luck with your surgery. Do you know when it will be?

LOL. I know "old" women like that. Bright red lipstick, rouge in a perfect circle on their cheeks, blue hair, and those things that are beaded that hold their glasses on. Did you ever watch the show the Nanny? I'm talkin' the old grandma on that show.

I love those beaded things that hold your glasses on! I can't begin to tell you how many pairs of glasses I lost before I started wearing them.