Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap-Band just as hard as dieting . . .

Okay! I am so frustrated right now I can't stand it. It seems like I would have the same results if I never had the band. I have to eat the same things as I did pre-op to lose weight. My weight loss is based solely on willpower right now. I know the band is a tool to help but I would like to have something other than eggs, tuna and salmon. Help! Will it get better after a fill? Im so irritated. Any advice is welcomed!

I felt the same way you did before my first fill... well actually until about 2 weeks after my fill. Something just kicked in and I just started to loose weight quickly and with minimal effort. I defintaly notice a quicker weightloss when I am excersizing as well. Right now I am averaging about 3-4 pounds a week, which is a BIG change for me. I am not hungry as much as I was before my first fill and my meals seem to last awhile longer, I don't have the urge to snack. I hope it goes the same for you... I love my band... I am about 9 weeks out from surgery and have lost 30 pounds so far!

I'm with ya....I am frustrated too. I have my fill this Thursday and I can't wait...HOWEVER....I am pretty excited to be exercising again. I was very active before I was fat...and I'm feeling great now that exercise is back in my life. HOLD ON....the rewards will come (at least that's what I keep telling myself!)

First, I love ILUVMYCAT. Thanks for the uplifting reply to the intial post. And hooray for you! I was banded Wednesday and feel like I'm healing nicely, and, yes, dealing with the usual side effects of surgery, anesthesia, and liquids. Slosh, slosh. Would love to get out today but need to stay near the potty. :)

Re the original post of frustratton--one of the main comments from my pre-op psychologist was that I'd need to get counseling regarding the addiction, using food to salve emotions. She said once you decide to no longer eat to calm down, to solve boredom and restlessness, to feel joy, or to blanket pain, anger, resentment, etc....you/we have an opportunity to

I guess the question for us all is what we have been using food for?

Best to you all!

Sociologists say one of the major qualities of successful groups of people is that they have learned to "defer gratification." They see The Big Picture and choose and conduct themselves toward long-term goals.

That said, I believe it is also important when we feel frustrated with slow results to write down all our mini-accomplishments....and if that doesn't work, make a blessings list.

And if we're still stuck, do something nice for someone else.

:)

Sociologists say one of the major qualities of successful groups of people is that they have learned to "defer gratification." They see The Big Picture and choose and conduct themselves toward long-term goals.

That said, I believe it is also important when we feel frustrated with slow results to write down all our mini-accomplishments....and if that doesn't work, make a blessings list.

And if we're still stuck, do something nice for someone else.

that is a great post, so positive! Thanks so much