Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fast Food Question....

Okay I have not been nor do I want to go.... However I travel and this is my question...

Is there any fast food restaurant we can go to and what do we order.

Thanks for the info....

I think until you are able to eat regular food again you are going to be hard pressed to find much. Alot of places have Soup. you might be able to have some of that. After you are on regular foods again there are lots of options. I know at McDonald's there is a grilled chicken sandwich that is very good. you would just want to order it plain, then maybe you could put a little BBQ Sauce on it. Most restaurants have some kind of light menu. I don't know if I am helping. Good Luck to you.

Okay I have not been nor do I want to go.... However I travel and this is my question...

Is there any fast food restaurant we can go to and what do we order.

Thanks for the info....

If you really have to travel and eat fast food, as long as you have at least the mushie stage you could try KFC mashed potato and gravy. Any mashed veges with some sort of gravy would be ok at the mushie stage. If you are on normal foods - anything you can manage is available - but some lean Protein and veges are always best.

Danna

I eat out a lot, more than I should. I like Wendy's 4 pc chicken nuggets, minus the breading and a baked potato, mashed up.

Also, Chic-Filet has good chicken noodle Soup that went down easy.

I have attempted a small hamburger at McD's from the kids menu, but it didn't work and I gave up 3 bites in. The meat is too - unmeat like - in order to process.

Salads work - sometimes. Quiznos has soup, and I've tried their salad but the meat is too dry.

Hope this helps. :rolleyes:

since I have been banded I really don't have a lot of craving like I use to most fast food get stuck but whenever I am out and need to eat out I get Wendy Chili or some type of chicken I went to Walmart they sell hot food and I get a chicken breast. I always try to get something that is highin Protein so I want get hungry fast.

Everyone can have different foods that their band will tolerate and once you figure out what you can have, it might change after you get a fill that gives you restriction. Many times it's just trial and error.

You can review many fast food nutritional info online for calories etc. of most of their menu.

FLMan, Whatever you do make sure you chew! CHEW! CHEW!! And then chew some more!!

I was working out of town and ended up being stuck for 3 days when I tried to eat a grilled chicken breast. Ugh!

It would be a good idea to buy some papuyia(sp) enzyme tablets to take along with you in case you do get stuck. You can buy these at any Herbal/Natural Foods stores.

EAT what you know you can safely! Wendy's chili is good. I can't eat breads without having problems either.

Omletes? Soups? I found milk shakes worked if I was desperate, but I can no longer use a straw because it creates too much air in my stomach.

Starting wgt. 225 1-07

Current wgt. 149 2-08

Wow, good question!

I travel a bit as well and eat what I want.... I just have to be mindful IF I know I will start sliming on something or not.

I was just banded this week and this is a big concern of mine. I travel a lot for work and am very concerned about what I can eat at business functions. I travel for the first time in a little over a week. I am packing my suitcase to take everything I need with me and keeping my fingers crossed.

I like.... to keep in mind low carb...

Wendy's= small chili, or occasionally,baked potatoes w/chili or broc&cheese.

McDonalds= fish filet no bun..nuggets aren't too bad, yogurt cup,

Rib crib= 1/3 pound pulled pork or a sandwich no bun, green Beans.< /p>

Chinese= boiled shrimp with sweet/sour sauce, beef broc. etc..

Burger King = spicy chicken-no bun.

Arby's= roast beef -no bun etc.

Taco Bell= burrito supreme no lettuce, and I squeeze the stuff out while I drive... skip the tortilla, but need no fork.

Mexican= enchilada-no tortilla/no salad.(I can't eat ice burg lettuce)

I can find something almost anywhere... but need to alter it sometimes.

If it ends up not being a "GOOD" choice, I do something better/healthier when I can get home etc.. like after a big mac no bun, I have meat and veggies at home.

Good luck with finding what works for you!

I don't know where you live, but down here in south Texas, Breakfast tacos are popular. I can eat the eggs out of the taco. I trash the tortilla. Wendy's chili is very good. KFC makes a decent pot pie. The chicken and veggies are soft and creamy, but I don't eat the crust. they also have mashed potatoes if you're still on mushies. I do very well with deli turkey, so I also order a sandwhich and pull the turkey out. I LOVE Soup, so anywhere that has soup is good for me. We have Jason's Deli here, and they have about 10 different kinds of soup, chicken salad, tuna salad, etc. Not to mention they have cottage cheese on the salad bar. I can eat salad, so that's still also an option for me. If you eat pizza, just pick the toppings off and eat them. Leave the bread. It's pretty dense. If you find yourself at a Mexican restuarant, refried Beans and guacamole are PERFECT. (One of my favorites)

I totally agree withthe Wendy's Chili, I like it with sour cream. A small chili with reduced-fat SC is 270 Calories and 18 grams protien, and is so satisfying! Re-fried Beans and Soups are others I look for.

I like to get McDonald's snack wrap (grilled chicken), but I don't eat the tortilla. McD's apples with carmel sauce (lowfat) is only 105 calories if your looking for a sweet treat, it's like a yummy little 100 calory pack, but it's fresh, sweet and nutritious (don't forget to chew, chew and chew some more!).

I don't know where you live, but Taco bell refried Beans are great in a pinch. Also,Wendy's chili and any chicken sandwich. You can take any sandwich off the bun and eat it so sub shops are great. I order a lot of salads with chicken on them, but I seem to be the only one on this sight who eats vegetables!!! I order a chicken salad and mostly eat the chicken then if I have any room left over I eat the salad. I'm not totally restricted yet so I can usually eat a lot of salad. I have also had really good luck at regular restaurants asking for special things - like just a chicken breast and refried beans- they have been very accomodating. Breakfast is easy - take the filling out of a breakfast burrito or other sandwich. You will get really good at it, just try stuff and figure out what works for you.