Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Difficulties after adjustments

I had sx in June 0f '07. Every adjustment has been painful. Swollen belly - pinching in the stomach area - pain in the injection site. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Marion

:smile2: - It is amazing to me - that less than one year ago - I was wearing a size 22 pants -:ohmy: It is amazing to me that less than one year ago I could not walk up the steps in my own home without being out-of breath. :sleep: It is amazing to me that less than a year ago I was angry with the world!!!! So, what does all of this mean :wink2::wink2::wink2::wink2: The Lapband did what I wanted it to do - what I knew it would do - I lost weight - I feel better - I can walk - no - RUN - up the steps - and still talk when I get to the top!!! I can go to the store and pick a pair of pants off of the rack - and they will be to BIG - can you imagine?!! :tongue2:

It can happen - it happened to me - and it was not easy - I paid a high price for it - in my opinion. The qestion is - Would I do it over?:confused2:

The answer is :w00t::rolleyes2:YES:thumbup::lol:

If you have any doubts - please feel free to email me - It has given me my life back - and I am very happy.:tt2::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I have been working so hard. Long hours and getting lots of tired body parts!! Yet, I am thankful that now I can work. That I can go out in a public business and not worry about what someone might think when I bend over to pick up something off of the floor. Hopefully, they will enjoy the view!!!. Working in a public arena every day - it can be hard to do if you are uncomfortable in your skin.

There was a time when I did not understand what that meant - "comfortable in your skin" - having lived for a while in skin that I felt was to big for me - I now understand. I was not as big as a lot of my fellow banders - there might have been some that would have been happy to be my weight - at my biggest. It was just too big for me.

I am making a mess of this - my point is this - whatever your size - if you are not comfortable - do something to make yourself comfortable.

Getting banded - changed my life. I have a new job - which I love - I can go play with my dogs - and not be too tired - and still have time for my husband. Now I need to learn to make time to clean the house and wash the car!!!!

Luck to all that read this - and remember - getting banded is NOT the easy way out - it is just a tool to make the goal easier to reach.

Luv to all

Marion

To answer the question, no. The adjustments are literally about 30 seconds from undoing my jeans to the time of completion. No pinching, prodding or poking and no pain.

You need to find another doctor if your doctor is not listening to you and you continue to have this pain. From what I understand this is not normal. Nor should your weight loss /fills be this painful.

you need to have a truthful discussion with your doctor and if he does not help you then find another onother one. You can go on the www.Inamed.com web site and find another lap band doctor who will help you. some docs are not experts at this and are doing this procedure as a side business... don't take any chances with your health.. and good luck

My Post Have Been Dreadful - I was doing the laundry tonight and something really interesting happened. My clothes are smaller!! That was very interesting to me. I was folding my panties and - they are smaller - a lot smaller!! My bra's now look rather small - which is disconcerting - but - that is ok. My shirts seem way to small for me - and my pants - well - let's just say - the waist band is so much smaller - it is easier to iron!!!

Well, that last sentance was not entirely true - I have been buying clothes at Wal-Mart - you know - to save money. Well, they are very difficult to Iron. The seams don't match up - and the fabric is very difficult to press.

Someday, I will be able to buy good clothes, which if you are a person that iron's you understand the difference.

My point, loosing weight is great, but it comes with it's difficulties. Ironing is one of them. Be it clothes or ironing out the wrinkles in your life.

Have a great day,

Marion:rolleyes:

I am fast approching my anniversary date. :lol: I am so happy with the new me.:P I have had some difficulty with the band - but would not change anything.:biggrin2: I am happier - healthier - and more active. :lol:To be able to go to work in the public and not be ashamed of myself is wonderful.:lol::lol::lol: I am so thankful for the band.:party::thumbup::party::thumbup::party::thumbup: All the struggles I have had - it has all been worth it. I love the new me.

M

mine i had only felling of throwing up but after he gave me Water to see if i was able to get it down it was fine no pain. but one time he was haveing a hard time filling port and guess from over and over attempt it get sore there , or sometimes if u have to much to eat or weakness in adominal muscle or u aplied pressure to port area , like to much pressure , but i hope it gets better for u :P

Guest ZenGarden

I had sx in June 0f '07. Every adjustment has been painful. Swollen belly - pinching in the stomach area - pain in the injection site. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Marion

I'm almost ready for my 8th fill and have never experienced anything other than a mild sting when getting an adjustment. Hope the process gets easier for you.

I went to doc today and finally - after a year - got an answer to why my port was so painful. :eek: Come to find out, I have a high waist, so - every time I bend over - it causes brusing and swelling in the port area:eek::eek:. To clarify, my port is right in the place my waist naturally bends, therefore, it causes the muscle and stuff to rub against the port causing brusing and swelling. I am so happy to find out about this. I am going to have to have the port lowered to relieve the pain, but knowing that I was not going crazy or being a hypo made me feel better. :smile: Point of the post is this: If you are having pain with your port - this is not normal - don't wait a year like I did - make your doctor LISTEN - to you - I did not do that - once I got the attention of the nurse that does the fills, she looked at me an understood the cause of my pain. I don't look forward to the possibility of another surgury - but I am so relieved to know it was not all in my head!!!!:smile:

Hope this has been helpful - anyone with this difficulty - feel free to email me and I will try to give you as much info as I can. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::redface::drool::smile2::drool::thumbup::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::ohmy::drool::eek::drool::drool: