Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why are YOU Fat?

wow, why am I fat..... there are the excuses we all use/have used...

well it started when I was a teenager, doctors changed medications and suddenly my weight took off. I then got unwell and lost a lot in very short time, which resulted in the doctors getting edgy if I lost any weight.

At the same time I was unable to exercise, so the combo of hormones and eating while doing nothing saw more weight pile on.

Suddenly doctors were cranky as I weighed too much, I felt I couldnt win.

My weight continued to pile up over the decades.

I joined weight watchers, but ended up hospitalised and put on a low fibre diet for several weeks. At which point my weight watchers team told me they couldnt assist if I was restricted to a diet with NO skins, seeds, stalks..... so that left me depressed which of course results in one eating.

I joined a gym, after six months of going 4 to 5 days a week the staff decided we should look at my diet as they were concerned with my non weight loss.

The decision was I dont eat enough food..... Yes I am serious..... so I tried to increase the quanity of food, and snack, but instead I felt hungry and crabby and still didnt lose any quantity of weight.

There was this five ten kilograms that seesawed... needless to say I got over the gym, the fact I had begun to work out how long I needed to spend on the treadmill to burn off any item of food, I thought was unhealthy.

So here I am almost ten years later, and another ten or so kg heavier, and over it. I still struggle to regularly eat three meals and two Snacks...

So why I am I fat; I like food, whether it is fresh fruit, vegies, cakes, dessert, chocolate, cheeses. Give me flavours.

Exercise I am not keen on, I have arthritis in my little toe, and developing elsewhere, a hip that slides out of joint, .

So truthfully I am fat, and probably lazy,

However I am seriously considering lapband surgery,

I think I am set for the smaller quantities already lol

:lol:

wow, why am I fat..... there are the excuses we all use/have used...

well it started when I was a teenager, doctors changed medications and suddenly my weight took off. I then got unwell and lost a lot in very short time, which resulted in the doctors getting edgy if I lost any weight.

At the same time I was unable to exercise, so the combo of hormones and eating while doing nothing saw more weight pile on.

Suddenly doctors were cranky as I weighed too much, I felt I couldnt win.

My weight continued to pile up over the decades.

I joined weight watchers, but ended up hospitalised and put on a low fibre diet for several weeks. At which point my weight watchers team told me they couldnt assist if I was restricted to a diet with NO skins, seeds, stalks..... so that left me depressed which of course results in one eating.

I joined a gym, after six months of going 4 to 5 days a week the staff decided we should look at my diet as they were concerned with my non weight loss.

The decision was I dont eat enough food..... Yes I am serious..... so I tried to increase the quanity of food, and snack, but instead I felt hungry and crabby and still didnt lose any quantity of weight.

There was this five ten kilograms that seesawed... needless to say I got over the gym, the fact I had begun to work out how long I needed to spend on the treadmill to burn off any item of food, I thought was unhealthy.

So here I am almost ten years later, and another ten or so kg heavier, and over it. I still struggle to regularly eat three meals and two Snacks...

So why I am I fat; I like food, whether it is fresh fruit, vegies, cakes, dessert, chocolate, cheeses. Give me flavours.

Exercise I am not keen on, I have arthritis in my little toe, and developing elsewhere, a hip that slides out of joint, .

So truthfully I am fat, and probably lazy,

However I am seriously considering lapband surgery,

I think I am set for the smaller quantities already lol

:lol:

Wow, I completely feel the same way and genuinely agree with ur opinion totally!! I've always been a big child, big kid, big teen, & big adult. I've blamed it on shotty genetics, stress, depression, anxiety, addiction, recovery, and of course the birth of my kids.

I am what I am and it is what it is, and I've finally accepted that about myself, life, and my future.

Also, tried a billion weight loss supplements including prescription as well that never even seem to work while with a diet regime and exercise routine all the while with it.

But that's been years ago since I've even tried at all to get a little healthier, take care of myself better, and/or loss any kinda weight. And, I just snapped and got fed up being the pretty faced fast girl in the group. So, 1st, I got clean & sober and made Damn sure I knew I could keep it that way and stay sober for good being it's a completely total LifeStyle Change that you've got to stay super motivated and determined with. As of, May 10th, 2016, I've been completely sober for exactly, 1 year & 14 days, as of today, May 24th, 2016. I'm very beyond PROUD of myself for that goal and now that I've gotten a different kinda healthier, I just have a gut feeling, like I just know, it's finally time to finally make this, "Lifestyle Change," too.

It'll help alleviate so many different issues that I seem to suffer from. Such as; self-esteem issues, problems in the bedroom in my 6 year relationship, my breathing, me actually wanting to do/complete an activity, take away both knees & constant back pain, depression, anxiety, relationship problems standardly in general, and I think I'd just finally find some sort of peace within myself/my life, finally.

SO, weighing in @ 325.2 lbs ,5-20-16, they started me on, Phentermine 37.5mg tablets once daily, for the 2nd time ever due to NOT LOSING ANY WEIGHT AT ALL 1st TIME ON IT. Doc instructed me that if I didn't lose at least, 10-15 lbs, by, 6-20-16, that'd he'd not ever be writing me another Rx for it.

Sammie Nealy

I'm pretty similar to others in that I never controlled my portions and I have a HUGE obsession with food. My day used to revolve around it. I would wake up thinking about what I would make for dinner. If I am traveling the first thing I look for is interesting places to eat. I am only 5 weeks out, so changing those habits hasn't happened overnight (except for the portion problem ) but I am working on it. One thing that has changed was how much I worried. It sounds silly but if I was in a group setting I would worry so much about whether I was going to get enough to eat. I would hide food whenever I could just in case I was hungry after lunch or dinner. I used to love going on my lunch break and eating in my car so I could hide everything from others. I don't miss that feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App