Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded 1/21/08 and I am currently on my liquid stage. I was advised to eat Soups but never advised that they had to be Clear Liquids. I got tired of eating chicken broth so I got a little creative. One day I purchased a bowl of Broccoli cheese Soup and made 3 meals out of it by pureeing it and then adding Water. Then next day I made a pot of potato soup and did the same thing. I watered the soup down and I am trying to make sure that I only consume 1/2 cup at each meal. I lost 10 pounds in one week with my pre-op diet and now I have only lost one pound. Did I stretch out my band already?

I was banded on 1/22 and i am able to do puddings and cream Soups ( as long as fat free/sugar free). Did you buy non fat free soups? Are you doing Protein shakes... my dr has me on low carbs and high protein. my dr had me on clear liquids for 2 days post op and now on 2 weeks of full liquid. That consists of Protein Shakes ( need protein!) puddings, soups, Jello. I also drink Decaf tea cuz it counts as Water.< /p>

I have been having some trouble with swallowing cuz my esophagus is still spasming ( i was vomiting after surgery and i think that is still causing it) i sure hope it stops by time i go to mushies.... .

You dont stretch out your band, your stomach may stretch when u start eating foods but i dont think you really can with liquids..

I'm also on liquids(banded 1/15) Lost 10 lbs. Now no more. Everyone is different with their weight lost. Remember to only eat when you feel hungry not because you think you should. I have my second weigh in tomorrow, I know I haven't kept up with the previous weight lost but.. oh well, I'm doing all that I can.

It's the first steps of a long journey.

I don't think you can stretch out your band, it can slip and I don't think this is the case, I was losing very, very slowly and then nothing, I simply

needed a fill and I didn't start losing alot until my 3rd and final fill.

Anniemay

You can't stretch your band. Now your POUCH, yes. But I wouldn't be worried about that downing liquefied Soup. The point of being on liquids is to let your stomach and the stitches heal. There's no way for anybody to tell if you've done any damage to your band without x-ray specs. But I'll say that it doesn't sound likely that you have done any. You could always call your doc and ask what they think.

Hi my Dr. immediately put me on "Full" liquids, and even wrote on the discharge paper creamed Soups. So I took that if it was blended (can't be too thick!) I could eat it. I would call your Dr. and just see what he means by Liquids.

You and I were banded on the same day 1/21/08. Its hard not to pick up stuff here and there. I am trying my best to stick to the liquids grant it that my stomach just settled down. I was having the runs since the operation. Lost 10lbs in one week. I back to work now hence I need the energy, so I am taking Soups. You have to do what works for you so long as you are not gaining. Think about Water retention from the IV and post-op stuff. Be patient and stick to the liquids as instructed.

Hi There.

It is my first time on this site and I am so glad that it exists.

I am 13 days post op and went to lunch with some friends. I ordered the Creamed Mushroom Soup and was extremely careful to pick out any chunks. It appears that I might have missed one (stop laughing). I think that something is stuck. I can drink just fine, but I feel it. I have never Pbed before and because I just got this band, I am ultra paranoid. I am heading downstairs for some pineapple juice within the next few minutes in hope that this works. Any other advice? Anyone out there who's band has slipped (ultimately my biggest fear).

Hi Lexi

I had thought that you did not get real restriction until after you got your band filled. Did your Dr. fill your band some during surgery? You could just still be swollen from surgery and that is why your having problems? If it does not pass you might want to call the Dr. I can not wait to get a fill, as I can eat now and have no problem swallowing.

I walk every day 30 35 mins. I dont feel like I have had surgery... SO I have a VERY ACTIVE 2 y/o that I chase around. I have been on Clears LIQ for a week then on FULLs... thats about it... I love Crystal Light!!