Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Bander and feeling frustrated

Hey all! I was banded in October, 2007 and although it seemed like the weight was just going to fall right off, I'm now almost 4 months post-op and have only lost like 12 pounds. I'm beginning to feel frustrated and unmotivated. I've been reading the posts on here since before surgery, but now feel that maybe I need to be more involved with others in my shoes for support and motivation.

Hi,

I'm not in your shoes yet, but have you been back to see the surgeon for a fill? Some people need more fills than others and maybe you are just one of those.

I have had three fills, and I go again in about two weeks for a fourth. I know many people speak about feeling restriction, but I certainly don't feel that - feels pretty much the same as before surgery. I think I may have 1.9cc. From what I've read, that isn't very much, especially after three fills. I think a lot of doctors start with about that much. My doctor must be very conservative since he only started with 1cc.

Hi all, I was banded Nov 19th 2007. The weight was coming off just fine. Went for my first fill. Had 3 cc placed. Problem is, I don't feel any different. In fact, I feel like I can eat just like before. I feel like I have gained 5 lbs back. Am frustrated. I am going back in 2 weeks for another fill and I swear I am going to ask them to put another 3 in. I decided I needed to get online and get some motivation and support. Has anyone else had this happen??

I was banded Nov 16th, and lost alot in the beginning. I had 1 fill done Dec. 6th, then another on Jan 11th, and have lost a total of 28 lbs. But, havent lost any since my last fill. So, I think they didnt put enough in...ughhhhhh. You are not the only one struggling with this problem. I hope we can get back on the road to being a looser!!!

I too feel like they have not put enough in Melissa. So frustrating. I am definately going to talk to them in the next 2 weeks. I will be so mad if I gained after a fill. I won't get on the scale at home. LOL.

:ohmy:I think my band was filled to much this time, I had a fill three weeks ago today....and I am just now able to keep soft foods down......lost over five pounds.....I like losing the weight.....but I have no energy and I am scared to eat in public (coz I may lose it without warning)

Hey all, I was banded in October and although it seemed like the weight was going to fall right off, I'm now almost 4mos post op and have only lossed like 12 pounds. I'm beginning to feel frustrated and demotivated. I've been reading the posts on here since before surgery, but now feel that maybe I need to be more involved with others in my shoes for support and motivation.

what are you eating? are you exercising?

if you arent already, log your food, see exactly how many calories you are taking in.

make sure you are getting at least 30 minutes of cardio 3-4 times a week.

you can do this!

Pamhasband,

Maybe you should call your doc...not being able to eat solid food for three weeks is very dangerous. You most likely need a slight unfill. Yes you are losing but it doesn't seem to be healthy.

Good Luck

Yes, me too. Frustration isn't something I thought I'd be feeling. I thought that once I got the band I'd be on my way. I didn't know about waiting for fills. I'm in this thing called "bandster hell" I hear about. I'm starving. I have my first postop Wednesday. I'm going to beg beg beg for a quick fill....

april,

what are you consuming? are you getting enough Protein and fat in? (yes, i said fat - fat satisfies your hunger.... if you dont watch fat, my advice - watch carbs)

you can do this!

hi,im new on this whole computer talk,but i feel its important to hook up with

people who have done this surgery.at this time ive had 2 fills 1st was dec26,1997 the second was 2weeks ago jan9,2008.right now im discouraged

because im still hungry and i can still eat more than i should be.my stomach growls and my cravings are still there .i guess i was thinking that most of my hunger would be curbed with this surgery i would fell full with very limited amts of food intake .should i just sit back a few more weeks and allow things to fall into place? i made the huge mistake of telling everyone about this operation now i feel like i spoke too soon.

Yes, me too. Frustration isn't something I thought I'd be feeling. I thought that once I got the band I'd be on my way. I didn't know about waiting for fills. I'm in this thing called "bandster hell" I hear about. I'm starving. I have my first postop Wednesday. I'm going to beg beg beg for a quick fill....

You were just banded, you just have to stick with it. Getting a fill too early is very dangerous, and doctors generally will not do it. Remember that whether or not you know it, your stomach and stoma is still swollen, and if they give you a fill right after sugery, you could end up unable to keep down anything.

Also remember, when it gets hard, go for a walk. I have been banded only a short period of time, and, my port flipped over. Until I had surgery to fix it, I was starving because I had no fill. But, a lot of it is mental, so you just need to overcome it.

You may feel better going to talk to someone and finding out why you have overeaten in your life.

true,l am new here on this site and just got the band december 21st before christmas and I lost the weight with the liver shrinking diet , but seems after the surgery i gained like 2 lbs and then just stopped . I just got my first band fiilol January 24 and am waiting to see how it goes. I too, feel support is gonna help. Smile!!!!

I was banded on 12/19 Ihad my first fill yesterday. I have only lost 11 pounds since surgery. I am very discouraged.