Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Greetings from Kentuckiana

Hello Everyone

I'm Melinda, and today I received the letter from my PCP to submit along with my package to the Bariatric Coordinator.

Since I was about 6 I've struggled with my weight, but over the last several years it's been out of control. I've lost and gained who knows how many times.

Now that I have my letter from my PCP, I'm beginning to get nnnervous. :rolleyes2:

I was diganosed with Type 2 diabetes late November, had a calf tear in December, one of many injuries that is probably weight related. I so want to feel better, and am hoping this surgery will be the tool for doing so.

I'm one who has to talk about how I'm feeling, and you all are so very thoughtful, and supportive, that I'm wanting to feel that support from those of you who have or who are walking in my shoes.

I'm married to a precious man, he's British, very loving. We have two dogs, maltepoos, Squeakers, and Harry, and they are so much fun, and oh so loyal.

I'll be tuning in and keeping you up to date! Looking forward with you to Good Health!

Hey Melinda,

Did you see the American Medical Association article about diabetes and the lap band. They said the only cure (no more medication) for Type 2 diabetes in the banding -- about 73% of their study were cured!

Hi Melinda! I'm glad someone who lives close to me is on this site. I'm the user who asked about doctors in Louisville, Kentucky that you replied to. I'm just now getting the ball rolling for the lap band surgery & in fact I am going through the doctors at Norton's. The ones at St. Mary & Elizabeth are "OUT OF NETWORK" for any insurance company EXCEPT Anthem - we have United Healthcare. Our insurance covers the surgery though, which was good! Just a little about myself - my name is actually "RONNA". I'm married to the most wonderful man in the world & have been for 23-1/2 years. We have one daughter, almost 22 years old who is a nurse, & we have one PRECIOUS granddaughter whom we're nuts about! We also have a zoo at our house with 5 cats (Koko, Tigger, Smokie, Snickers & Spooks) & 2 dogs (Heidi is a Siberian Husky & Leila is a Black Lab). I would love to keep in touch with you. Keep me posted on your progress!

:lol:Nice to meet you Ronna. What a precious little family it sounds like you have! Bet you are proud of your daughter and all her hard work.

I've been married 7 years, to a real sweetheart. We don't have any little ones, well we do have furry little ones who you can see in the picture. They are Squeakers (the bigger one) and Harry.

Good to have someone closer to home to go through this with. We have Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield and they seem to have good bariatric benefits. I dropped off my packet to the Drs office last Monday, so now waiting to hear for my one on one with the surgeons.

Have you been to a seminar yet? Keep me posted.

Nice to have some warmer weather huh?

Hello fellow kentuckians my name is Tracy and i am from Leitchfield ky. Thats about 1 hour south of Louisville. My sister and I both had the lap band surgery on Janurary 24th 2008 and we are now 11 days post-op and we are both back to work. I own a daycare and my sister works for me, we can't do any lifting yet. But i have lots of paper work to keep me busy. I am so excited about this new life change, I became very nervous before surgery, it was way easier than i expected. My sister and i went to Michigan the cost was about 6 thousand cheaper as we didn't have insurance. I really like this chat being able to tell other people about our experience.

I am also from Kentucky and live in Louisville. I started the processa few months ago but still have a ways to go. I am also going through Nortons and my Doctor is Jeff Allen. I had my sleep study done recently and meet with Dr. Allen later in the month. Probably looking at a mid to late April surgery. I am real excited about the whole thing and can't wait to get this done.

Hello all!!

I too am from Kentucky.I'm from Hodgenville which about 60 miles south of Louisville and about30 miles from Leitchfield. I got approval for surgery last Friday !! My surgery date is Feb. 26th!! I'm getting mine done by Dr Kasa in Elizabethtown. Good to hear from folks in Kentucky!!

jaunderwood

How nice to hear from everyone working on getting their surgery, and WAHOO to Tracy and her sister for having theirs. Please keep us posted on your slimming!

I Was So Excited To Read All The Posts From My Fellow Kentuckians. I Am Just Now Getting Started. I Attended My Seminar This Past Tuesday & Am In The Process Of Getting My Packet Completed & Turned In. I'm Planning On Using Dr. Jeff Allen In Louisville With The Norton's Group. I Did Have Something Happen Today That Excited Me Though. About 30 Of The People That I Work With Are Doing "the Biggest Loser". It Started 2 Weeks Ago & We Weigh In Every Week. Last Week I Had Gained 1.2 Pounds From My Beginning Weight, But Today When I Weighed I Had Lost 4.6 Pounds! I Was Soooo Excited!! I Really Didn't Do Anything Special, Except I'm Watching My Portion Sizes & Am Trying To Drink More Water (which I Really Don't Like)!

Let's All Keep In Touch & Support Each Other!!

I have to say hi to all of you.

I am in New Albany and I had my Surgery at St Mary's with Dr Lusco

He is Awsome! Really great

I hope you all will go to the support group meetings they are really great.

I'm in New Albany as well. AND I just got a call from the Bariatric Coordinator, and I have an appointment with the surgeon April 10th!