Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap Band in Upstate NY...Dr. Kwon

Panda....

Thanks for the prayers...they are very much appreciated!! I will be fine! Im a tough cookie! :) I wasn't online much yesterday. I went out with a girlfriend and her kids and my kid. It was a good they .... they were all sooo well behaved it wasn't funny! I forget why I was trying to IM you on yahoo....Must have just wanted to say hi! ELEVEN DAYS till my band surgery! It is gonna go sooo quick! Next week is a short week for me! I am off from work on Monday....no school for passover....so it is gonna come real quick ... I have to go food shopping today and I understand that the post op is all liquid for a few days.....so i am gonna get me some liquids to have on hand for afterward ... water...some more water...:) I am very anxious!

All righty...have fun on your vacation! I will talk to you all soon!

Hi everyone. Hope all is well. Just trying to take a count of who will be able to come to Sam's house at 5 pm tomm? If there are not enough people maybe we will make it for next week..Just submit a post if you plan on coming...:)

Hi there again. So far Porcln, you and I are the only ones who could go this evening. I just spoke with Sam who says he doesn't care if it's only the two of us. It's a far drive for me so I am not sure If I am going to go. Ahh what are your thoughts? Are you still going to go even though it's not a lot of people? Let me know and I will forward you the directions. But where are you coming from?

I don't mind going its just that its 4:00 now....I don't know where im going so I don't know if I could get there by 5:00...........Im coming from Walden....by Newburgh.....i dont know when you will get this message, and I don't have your phone number, so I will just keep this computer on till I get an rsvp from ya...hopefully soon. Ummmmm you can pm me the directions so that way they aren't all over the internet...OR you can get me on yahoo......jhathorp@yahoo.com you can im me there...

okay talk to you soon !

hope

Hey porcln, just spoke with Sam again. He was having car trouble today and got pretty tied up. He said that next week at the support group he will pass out a flyer to let everyone know about the group he wants to start. I guess part of the focus will be food since we can't talk about it in support group. I know that I have been running out of ideas of what to eat for lunches, etc. So it will be helpful. I drive past Newburgh/Walden area, so maybe we can car pool. Let me know how it sounds...

yes - Jorget I was at Mauri's last meeting. I said that I had surgery on 3/23 and spoke about having a hard time eating slow enough.

By the way, I love those meetings because they have no set agenda and they go whereever they need to go! I am always able to take some valuable information home with me and put it to very good use.

See you next week.

Eileen

Eileen

Hey everyone! Jorjet, I wasn't at this past meeting...car trouble. But I will certainly be at the one on May 1st. That will be four days to my surgery...and I think I will be in need of support....or at least just time to myself away from my house.

When I saw Dr Kwon on the 18th I requested a copy of the post op diet...He just told me, don't worry about that diet now, concentrate on the one your on now and then we will send you home with directions on the post op diet. I respect that information and I see why he said that. However, I would like to shop for my post op stuff myself rather than have my husband do it. He trys, but sometimes doesn't get exactly what I want...and when I am not allowed to have most of what I want, I want what I want and thats it. Does that make sence? Sounds like I am stomping my feet as I say this...but honestly, I don't want to have to give up so much just not to have what I really what...Anyway....If someone can give me a list of what we can have the two weeks after surgery I would appreciate it. Are we allowed to have tea? Are we allowed to have coffee? Is it all watered down apple juice and broth? :)

Thanks for the info!

Hi porcln ...2 weeks after surgery we are allowed, really chopped up tuna salad with lite mayo...egg salad if you can mash it good, baby food, lo sodium lo fat Soup with not a lot of chunks, anything you can puree in the blender, so broccoli, cauliflower, that you can mash up well, fresh fish that you can make real soft. I even had chili. Oh Ricotta cheese came in handy. It's good Protein, of course they will say it has too much fat, but it's good. Also pears that you leave out a couple of days so they can get soft. That's what I can think of for now. And, absolutely no Protein Shakes during this stage.

SIX MORE DAYS TILL MY SURGERY!!!

Yep the count down is in full swing...OH BOY

Nervous, a little. Over the fear of dying during surgery.

Anxious, a whole lot. Cant wait to be on the other side of this.

Excited, a little more than I have been in quite some time, since my baby was born,

SEVEN YEARS AGO!

In a way this is almost like a birth...the birth of me being thinner, healthier, and more confident. I go to my primary care physician today for my pre surg physical and letter of medical clearance. waaahooo..

All righty, thanks for listening.

Talk to you soon!!!

hi Porcl,

Talk about mixed emotions huh? Its all good hon.

I was scared to death too. Dr Kwon was excellent....it was my first surgery ever, and I couldn't have been treated better.Also, Dr Heckman is the best.

Are you going to Bon Secours? They take ya to OB floor.....that scared me in itself.....I am 52....LOL....hell my baby days are long gone.

Anyway, I went to Bon Secours....they Treated me great....I was out of the by 4pm.

You'll be fine.....Hope to meet you at Mauri's on Mon.

Hugs

Oh my me on the baby ward! If I get to go play with the babies I would get outta bed quicker!!! I love babies. I am going to Bon Secours..I do like them there.

I will be at the support group meeting. It will be my last one prior to surgery and I will be there. I dont care if I have to grow wings and fly there, I will be there!! Does anyone know if the meeting was moved again this week? Wasn't it somewhere else last week? Please lemme know. I could always call Mauri too ..... which ever....GOT MEDICAL CLEARANCE! WAHOO! Good thing, I wouldda choked my PCP if he said NO WAY after all this! :) just kiddin...I like my PCP. Hopefully he stays with the group...the group I am with is NOTORIOUS for loosing good doctors.

ALL RIGHTY I am gonna go!

I will talk to you later!

Hi Porcindoll

I know you are anxious - I was and I am sure everybody is - but honestly it isn't that bad. I almost chickened out when I was on the OR table. Really - it did cross my mind but I am so glad that I didn't have the guts to say it. I don't have one regret about my surgery and I hope that you won't either.

Eileen

P.S. Good luck - next week! Dr. Kwon is an excellent doctor