Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's get some action going in here!

Hello Everyone.

I am Elaine

25 years old, Live in the Chicagoland Area.

I love being me, I am a positive person, and cant wait to not buy chub clothes anymore let me tell you.

I am in the love with my boyfriend, and can not wait until this journey begins at the end of april.

He has substance abuse issues, it has been a problem for a long time, but our DD is 2 now, and he is not doing any better. Always the lying and never the hard work. I did think me being healthier, and more attractive may help.... but it hasn't, and that is NOT why I had surgery either.

I am better able to keep up with DD with 100 pounds less to haul around! lol

OMG that is so my story. The funny thing is now that I'm starting to look good guess who loves me again but still doesn't want to change...did it all for me and my babies who need me

Hello Everyone :mad2:

My name is Michele and I live in Norman, Oklahoma. I've been overweight most of my adult life, and yo-yo dieting has been my reason for living! I think I've started a "Monday" diet every week for the last 15yrs.

I'm currently going through my 90 day supervised diet in order to be approved by Aetna. I'm working on changing some old, nasty eating habits that have been my drug of choice for a very long time.

I'm hoping to lose about 40lbs before I have my surgery, but we shall see! At my current weight exercise is very difficult.

I have a great boyfriend, and a fantastic supportive mother (that too has struggled with weight). My main motivation for having Lapband surgery is I want to be healthy!!! I'm tired of taking BP meds and feeling/looking 15yrs older then I am.

I would also like to have a child in a few years (yeah, I know I better hurry!LOL) and I know my weight is keeping my from being able to do this.

Hi All,

My name is JoVonda and I am 27. I'm a High School Spanish teacher. I have a DH who I've been married to for 3 1/2 years now. We have a 2 year old son, who is the love of our lives.

I have over 150 pounds to loose to get to my goal weight of 180. I'm scared of what I will look like at 180 for I've been overweight all my life. I dont know what it's like to be small as an adult. I look forward to it though. I'm doing this so I dont get any health issues and to live a long life for my child and any future children we decide to have.

Hey Hey!

My name is Lisa...

I am goin to be 29 in May. I weigh 315-320lbs...just depends. I weighed 215 when I got married 7 years ago and since them I ate the skinny me. LOL! :lol: Seroiusly though.....I felt good at 215.

So Ive met with my surgeon...Dr. Curry out of Cincy. This Wednesday I have my second supervised diet consultation and my pysch. evaulation. Then I have 4 more months to go before submitting to insurance.

Nice to meet you all!

:smile2::tt2:Hey guys I am new to this forum. My band is scheduled in 3 weeks and I so excited. I have been married 13 years to a wonderful man, I have 2 gorgeous kids, and I live in Plainfield, Illinois(suburb of Chicago). I am finishing uo my second bachelor in health administration. I enjoy interior decorating, landscaping, and being a mom/wife. I have been looking into this proceudre for the last two years. My sister got banded in 1/08 and this girl has lost 40 pounds post. I am excited that a new band is available now called the Realize band. I heard this band is better than the original band. My sister says she does not really feel, unless she is lying down, it is comfortable, and she is doing well. :lol::wub::):wub::thumbup:

Decided to finally post here. :lol:

I'm Heidi. Started at 380. I'm 25 years old and have been married for two years. We live in Texas- I was born and raised here as well.

I'm a registered financial representative- but my life's passion is social work, my bachelor's is in sociology. It just doesn't pay the bills. :frown:

I have two cats, no kids- we're working on it though.

Oh lets see. 40 year old mom of 3 kids, 2 boys 13 & 20 and 15 year old girl.

Didn't really start having weight problems till I started having kids in 86. Gained 75lbs with my first and it just never came off and stayed off.

I left my husband of 13 years in 2000 and have not regretted it in the least. At my higest point I hit 650 lbs

suffering from massive depression thanks to my disfunctional marriage and emotional abuse.

Once I left him I managed to lose 250 lbs and keep it off for 5 years. Thanks to the help of my loving BF.

But then more medical problems crept up and I started have serious issues with mobility and it started crawling upward again.

I have sleep apnea, diabetes, high blood pressure and am sick and tired of all the shots, pricking, handsfull of medicines and nothing getting any better health wise. The recent addition of having to see a cardioligist(sp?) and the fact that my PCP refuses to help me deal with my backpain so I can exercise more often, thinks the band is silly etc. So I'm shopping for a new PCP.

Anyhow I'm looking at 250-265 lbs to get rid of to get where I want to be. Which might change later on as I get close to it. Will have to see. 250-265 lbs would put me around 165-175 lbs. Hard to imagine after 20+ years of being overweight and 12+yrs of being supersized, What 175 lbs will be like. But I'm ready to get there and see. lol

My weight has turned me into somewhat of a hermit. Which is another thing I want to change. I hate it.

2 years ago we chose our apartment complex because it has a weight room, pool and internet center in the complex but the sad part is I am to big for the weight room. =/ I can't make the walk over to the pool and my BF works 6 days a week so I never can get over to the pool. I'm the process of trying to get an electric scooter so I can at least get over to the pool this summer. Again my PCP has refused.

I'm also a part time gamer/admin, I run a private game server for my family and close friends, I ADORE doing tons of different crafts, sewing, reading, Right now I'm looking into starting up machine knitting, If I can save up the $$.

for the initial starting cost.